Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this Week 1 matchup?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seattle Seahawks

0 0%
  • Green Bay Packers

2 100.00%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by twellner9 View Post
    I remember the play you're talking about. If he hits him in stride during his route he most likely gets huge yards after catch. Since Rodgers hit him late it was basically a catch and go down in place. My only thought there is that it wasn't his first read. Maybe he looked at 1-2 other guys first.
    Maybe. It was nuts on replay how open he was. I was. MAYBE wondering if he thought since the coverage was busted he could check around and then throw. Or maybe he'd get lost so much that it would ruin hope they react. I know he isn't blind... But it was odd.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Yeah I don't think sack numbers for this OL is the above all measure of success for this OL, but I would disagree with the assertion Rodgers holds onto the ball too long, now bear with me. I wish there was some kind of advanced statistic to show this because in my view when it is developed people will see how good this OL actually is. Now again I somewhat disagree Rodgers holds the ball too long. Rodgers looks for the next level play and he's got great vision and he usually can successfully find them. This OL I admit often gets asked to block longer than most OL's, but given his success in holding the ball I would much rather see the occasional sack than him throw the ball away because it's in those moments where he has the ball special things can happen. Aaron Rodgers as we all know is a special player. Factor all of that in and how good the Seattle defense is I don't think there should be any concern over the OL...so far.
    It's not like I don't like Rodgers. But I don't see any guys that truly intent to hold the ball as long as he does. You see guys jumping around underneath constantly begging for it and he's just like.....nah

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    It's not like I don't like Rodgers. But I don't see any guys that truly intent to hold the ball as long as he does. You see guys jumping around underneath constantly begging for it and he's just like.....nah
    I get what your saying, and if he wasn't who he was it would likely be an issue, but while he make take a couple extra sacks so many of those times he makes a huge, phenomenal play. This is why I don't see it as an issue as some do.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    I get what your saying, and if he wasn't who he was it would likely be an issue, but while he make take a couple extra sacks so many of those times he makes a huge, phenomenal play. This is why I don't see it as an issue as some do.
    I really think he leaves yards on the field. I know it's stupid to ask him for more but that's my take. I don't believe I'm alone.

Watch the super bowl highlights. The difference in his play is crazy. I'm jot saying the way he's changed his game is good or bad, but the offense that won the super bowl looks drastically different now.

It's hard, because I see the same things you do norm. He willingly passes on some quick routes to try to make the big play. But then as soon as I want to tear my hair out, he makes some huge plays. Basically, he trades the dog van for a moped.

It's hard because Rodgers can be frustrating because he's so great. This almost sounds ridiculous to say, but he's playing at a level that's so high, that he's so confident in his ability to make even more happen.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Watch the super bowl highlights. The difference in his play is crazy. I'm jot saying the way he's changed his game is good or bad, but the offense that won the super bowl looks drastically different now.

It's hard, because I see the same things you do norm. He willingly passes on some quick routes to try to make the big play. But then as soon as I want to tear my hair out, he makes some huge plays. Basically, he trades the dog van for a moped.

It's hard because Rodgers can be frustrating because he's so great. This almost sounds ridiculous to say, but he's playing at a level that's so high, that he's so confident in his ability to make even more happen.
    When he misses a look 40 yard pass you think the universe is gonna explode. It feels like he's so perfect at times

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    When he misses a look 40 yard pass you think the universe is gonna explode. It feels like he's so perfect at times
    I just wonder how many big plays he passes up though. A lot of times those underneath routes are the ones that go for big plays. Watching replays it seems like there's a lot of times big plays are open and he either misses them or doesn't want to risk it. Then you see the touchdown to Jordy where there's no real risk and he throw a perfect strike for the touchdown. Great throw but I can't help to wonder why its only on the play where there's zero risk that we can take that chance.

Him holding the ball the way he does increases his risk for injury and makes things harder on the defense (because we have a lot of short possesions). We won the TOP against Seattle but how many times have we seen this offense goe 3 and out and then come back the next drive and score in 4 plays. The defense is always on the field.

I prefer the play style of Rodgers earlier years when we won the Superbowl. The offense seemed unstoppable then. Now we often struggle to score.

Quote Originally Posted by twellner9 View Post
    I just wonder how many big plays he passes up though. A lot of times those underneath routes are the ones that go for big plays. Watching replays it seems like there's a lot of times big plays are open and he either misses them or doesn't want to risk it. Then you see the touchdown to Jordy where there's no real risk and he throw a perfect strike for the touchdown. Great throw but I can't help to wonder why its only on the play where there's zero risk that we can take that chance.

Him holding the ball the way he does increases his risk for injury and makes things harder on the defense (because we have a lot of short possesions). We won the TOP against Seattle but how many times have we seen this offense goe 3 and out and then come back the next drive and score in 4 plays. The defense is always on the field.

I prefer the play style of Rodgers earlier years when we won the Superbowl. The offense seemed unstoppable then. Now we often struggle to score.
    I haven't looked lately but I swear the TOP thing is overrated. I read something about it once and it wasn't near as bad as it seemed by the numbers.

Like we discussed earlier too, our defense, especially last season, was designed to avoid the big play as much as possible. So if that's the case, with a bad defense, it's going to lead to sustained drives by the opposing teams. So it's not like the offense is the only culprit if we lose the TOP battle.

Besides the year we went 15-1 and Rodgers was absolutely nuts, there's really not much difference in our offensive output per year from the super bowl season to now. I mean, last year we scored 27.6 points per game, and finished 4th in that category. In 2010, we scored 25.3 and finished 7th. There's yearly fluctuation in ppg, but outside of 2011 and the year Rodgers was hurt, our ppg has been pretty similar each year.

So I don't think the current version of the offense compared to the 2010 version is neccesarily better or worse, it's just different.

Well I do think that Rodgers being as good as he is at throwing the ball makes up for a lot of flaws including his own indecision at times. I'm being a lot picky when it comes to these complaints, he's a great QB. But there just seems to be times when he's unnecessarily holding the ball forever. The scoreboard may not reflect the difference but I don't remember many times last season when our offense had that "unstoppable" feel of prior seasons.

Hanging 38 in the playoffs on a team that didn't allow 30 points all year felt pretty good last year.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910