Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Bring Giancarlo Stanton to New York

That contract is an albatross but the Mets have a window to win and can't pass up this opportunity. It's not like the Mets haven't acquired a Marlins superstar before. Mike Piazza anyone? This can happen. This Offseason Sandy and the Wilpons have to act like a big market team. We need a star. And Miami is known to be wanting to cut payroll.

Stanton is the formidable monster bat we'd need to get back to the Playoffs and possibly even win a World Series. When the Yankees acquired Alex Rodriguez they gave up Alfonso Soriano and Joaquin Arias because of the contract attached to A-Rod. He won them the 2009 World Series, thus cementing it as a trade worth the while. If the Mets can get Stanton for Brandon Nimmo and Dominic Smith, Do it. Go all in. What's the worst that can happen?

https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/should-...nton/251801000
    Last edited by MJNetsIsles; 10-31-2017 at 12:14 PM.
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Sure, send them a bag of balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm all for "another" superstar bat

We would have the best OF in Baseball. Cespedes, Conforto, Stanton

The Marlins need to sell tickets remember. No one would go if they traded Stanton.

Trust me, I fully expect to see Nori Aoki in RF next year on Opening Day.

Doesn't mean I don't love the idea of trading for Giancarlo Stanton. We need him. He's a franchise changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    The Marlins need to sell tickets remember. No one would go if they traded Stanton.
    No one goes now.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No one goes now.
    Exactly this. No one goes now anyway, Stanton needs to be in a big market. If the Wilpons wanted to truly make up this lost season to Mets fans, Stanton is their man. I would also then trade for Jose Abreu.

Cespedes, Stanton, Abreu, Conforto. The OFFENSE would be f***cking loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    Exactly this. No one goes now anyway, Stanton needs to be in a big market. If the Wilpons wanted to truly make up this lost season to Mets fans, Stanton is their man. I would also then trade for Jose Abreu.

I think there is a better chance of the Mets sending them the pieces they need to contend than them sending us Stanton. We have nothing to offer them.

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    I think there is a better chance of the Mets sending them the pieces they need to contend than them sending us Stanton. We have nothing to offer them.
    Didn't stop us from acquiring Johan Santana.

Wouldn't take much. Have you seen Stanton's contract? Miami is not bringing in an elite haul of players.

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post

And who are we giving up for Stanton and Abreu that the White Sox and Derek Jeter would accept.?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Wouldn't take much. Have you seen Stanton's contract? Miami is not bringing in an elite haul of players.
    I have seen his contract. Stanton is getting a $10M increase next year over what he is making this year. His salary figures remain steady for the remainder of the contract. Miami, with their new owners can probably absorb the $10M increase in the hopes of contending, which they very well can if they can get some pitching. They will probably try and trade him in a few years but I doubt they do that now. Not while there is a chance of contending.

It's always easy to say something like "The Mets need to get ____ (fill in the blank)".

The trick is actually getting it done.

Everyone would like to have a guy like Stanton. The problem is that this isn't a PS4 mlb2K18 game where you can make trades as you personally would like. Just because WE want something does not mean that THEY want something.

Does not mean that a trade could not be done, but simply positing an obvious statement does not mean that *voila* it can be accomplished.
    I can be boring and vanilla, too! Controversy = BAD...

I have seen his contract. Stanton is getting a $10M increase next year over what he is making this year. His salary figures remain steady for the remainder of the contract. Miami, with their new owners can probably absorb the $10M increase in the hopes of contending, which they very well can if they can get some pitching. They will probably try and trade him in a few years but I doubt they do that now. Not while there is a chance of contending.
    We already know they're looking to trade him. It's not a secret.

And if they don't do it soon, they might never be able to. With that contract, he only gets less tradeable as time goes on.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast