Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Janikowski declines to rework contract.

Should have ditched him...years ago.

Someone tell me I'm an idiot...next time he hits a clutch kick with the game on the line.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post

Someone tell me I'm an idiot...next time he hits a clutch kick with the game on the line.

-Stork
    Let's not forget when the offense stunk so bad he was our only points, I'm just saying. It does seem as if his distance is less of an anomaly these days. The problem still is who do you replace him with? I'm OK with it either way but in a sense of looking to our future it will be time to say goodbye after this contract. I thought about his age for just a second until I think of Blanda still kicking at what, forty eight?
    "..When you have great coaches, then after you have great coaches you get great players, you have a great organization, and you tell them one thing-

Just win baby"

~ Al Davis ~

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post

-Stork
    We definitely should not have relied on him, it's hard to win games with just FGs

So the argument to keep Jano is;!he's only 3m, nostalgia, if we replace him the kicker might be worse .

God help us if we need an onside kick his normally bounce in end zone...

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    So the argument to keep Jano is;!he's only 3m, nostalgia, if we replace him the kicker might be worse .

God help us if we need an onside kick his normally bounce in end zone...
    The criteria will be different once he's no longer under contract. Sometimes you stay with the devil you know...
    "..When you have great coaches, then after you have great coaches you get great players, you have a great organization, and you tell them one thing-

Just win baby"

~ Al Davis ~

BTW, I agree with his lack of ability for onside kick...

Just win baby"

~ Al Davis ~

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    BTW, I agree with his lack of ability for onside kick...
    https://youtu.be/jqPeQPX9qok

Hammer nail duh 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Let's not forget when the offense stunk so bad he was our only points, I'm just saying. It does seem as if his distance is less of an anomaly these days. The problem still is who do you replace him with? I'm OK with it either way but in a sense of looking to our future it will be time to say goodbye after this contract. I thought about his age for just a second until I think of Blanda still kicking at what, forty eight?
    Do you remember when Lamonica couldn't get it done, and he'd come in and QB the team back, then do the kicking? What do you pay a guy like that today?
    Can Jano QB?

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Do you remember when Lamonica couldn't get it done, and he'd come in and QB the team back, then do the kicking? What do you pay a guy like that today?
    Can Jano QB?
    Those were times I wish I were around to see. All I have is stories from my father. I think I'd pay that kind of player what Jano made in his heyday plus the top tier backup QB money. What's that come to, around 8-10 mil total? Not awful, to consider that would free up a roster spot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RN4L View Post
    Those were times I wish I were around to see. All I have is stories from my father. I think I'd pay that kind of player what Jano made in his heyday plus the top tier backup QB money. What's that come to, around 8-10 mil total? Not awful, to consider that would free up a roster spot as well.
    There are a lot of memories, crazy games, fights, last minute comebacks, etc. Funny part about Blanda....he was just as good as Lamonica. He was clutch. There will never be a player like him again. A tough man, like Jim Otto.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456