Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Now you guys are ok with the team not honoring their side of the contract. Hilarious
    The only part of the contract that matters is the guarantees. In that respect the Raiders have honored that.

That's why sometimes you will see a player redo a contract for less money as long as it comes with more guarantees.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, especially over such a small amount of money.
    If that's just more money going into Mark Davis' pocket then sure, that's a problem to me. But if 4 million more cap gets us upgrades worth noting at LB and either CB or DL, I'm good with it.

Guarantees are in contracts for a reason. If you're not ready for the season and the team can save 90% of your contact, you should be cut - especially if you're a player on decline. I love Janikowski, but his performance has dipped and we need every opportunity to score that we can get.

Ugh. I wonder what Greg Davis, Michael Husted and Cole Ford are doing? These were the kickers we had between Jaeger and SeaBass. We foolishly cut Jaeger to keep Ford and it went downhill from there.

Who's with me on the Vita Vea draft train?

N. Cog Neato Phil MaGroin

It would have been nice to win a superbowl with Jano just before he calls it quits, but we need to be realistic, time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by jason:31835332
    Now you guys are ok with the team not honoring their side of the contract. Hilarious
    Lol Exactly! Screw Penn he is a bastard bit yeah when they want to change the terms for Jano...... That's rich and good point! Not to mention they are doing it to a long term good employee.

I wonder what stork, flash, inspector, and others will say to explain this who were calling for Penn's head and labeling him a traitor and terrorist? Gentlemen (used with a loose interpretation)?
    Last edited by Raider_Mackin; 09-05-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider_Mackin View Post
    Lol Exactly! Screw Penn he is a bastard bit yeah when they want to change the terms for Jano...... That's rich and good point! Not to mention they are doing it to a long term good employee.

I wonder what stork, flash, inspector, and others will say to explain this who were calling for Penn's head and labeling him a traitor and terrorist? Gentlemen (used with a loose interpretation)?
    I learned something else about you, you can't read. Read my post....

Read my previous post.....it's time to move on from Jano.

For the team to take this approach, it seems that they don't expect him to be better and return. For Jano not to redo, there's something else that they are not reporting. Hope they settle....hate to start the season this way. Regardless, I wish Jano all the best.....and thanks for the memories. Maybe he'll provide some more this year!

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    The only part of the contract that matters is the guarantees. In that respect the Raiders have honored that.

That's why sometimes you will see a player redo a contract for less money as long as it comes with more guarantees.
    Exactly. Why is this such a difficult concept for some to grasp. You get what you have guaranteed..period.

Janikowski declines to rework contract.

Business is business, and every player is entitled to exactly what his contract (a mutual agreement) stipulates.

Both parties are bound by it, and isn't terribly complicated.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Contract allows us to cut him. What's not honoured?

Liar you are a liar. Cold stone cold liar. I have never called for Penns head or called him a terrorist or traitor correct yourself now immediately I've had enough of your lies on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump jumper View Post
    Exactly. Why is this such a difficult concept for some to grasp. You get what you have guaranteed..period.
    Thems the rules

Janikowski declines to rework contract.

That was all me. I characterized it as a harsh, but fair analogy and I stand by what I said.

Hyperbole is a useful tool for getting your point across to the obtuse.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Deleted my response not worth my time
    Last edited by cykoraider; 09-05-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast