Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Very true. I just don't think he should be left off the list of possibles

I was thinking about another post talking about trading the first pick of the draft for a boatload of picks. I agree with the theory of trading the number one pick. Especially if you could get a guy like him in the mid first.
    With his off field issues, he might sneak in the 1st round. If you have one of the top three picks, the Jets need to take one of the top three.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I would rather watch Petty and Hackenberg than McCown take one snap. That's just me, I like youth and believe in them more than a 38 year old journey man who won't be back next season.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    With his off field issues, he might sneak in the 1st round. If you have one of the top three picks, the Jets need to take one of the top three.
    I don't know. It depends how the board is. Unless there is a clear QB to take at 1, I trade back.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

I don't know. It depends how the board is. Unless there is a clear QB to take at 1, I trade back.
    Never would I trade back from the #1 pick.

I'd draft the best player available and watch everyone else squirm with fear of the new looked Jets!
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

I really think Baker Mayfield will be the safest pick. I think he's going to be a good QB at the next level. He may not be great but I think he can be a guy to lead a franchise for a decade. He's tough minded, athletic, accurate with a good, not great arm and makes good reads.
    sounds like blake bortles coming into the NFL, franchise QB

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    Never would I trade back from the #1 pick.

I'd draft the best player available and watch everyone else squirm with fear of the new looked Jets!
    i agree, teams will be scared of the all mighty Jets led by Darnold and the rest of a cast of nobodies

J E T S

Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    i agree, teams will be scared of the all mighty Jets led by Darnold and the rest of a cast of nobodies

J E T S
    Darnold is just one piece, it takes years to build a Super Bowl contender. But drafting Darnold is a vital step toward Jets winning.
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

This team is rebuilding! We need to give snaps to Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg! Josh McCown simply is an old journeyman veteran who makes a bad Jets team a little bit better. Instead of going 0-16 the Jets could go 4-12 for example and miss out on the ultimate #1 Draft Pick slot. I'm not a fan of McCown and think it was a terrible signing.
    Still feel the same way.

This team is rebuilding! We need to give snaps to Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg! Josh McCown simply is an old journeyman veteran who makes a bad Jets team a little bit better. Instead of going 0-16 the Jets could go 4-12 for example and miss out on the ultimate #1 Draft Pick slot. I'm not a fan of McCown and think it was a terrible signing.
    5-11

5-11
    Lol
    You can't even be wrong, right.

We wasted a terrible season with the McCown signing, unless by some fluke, a lower rated QB that we draft turns out to be better than the 3 QBs drafted ahead of him. With luck, we're the team that gets the Dan Marino and the ones in front of us get stiffed.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    We wasted a terrible season with the McCown signing, unless by some fluke, a lower rated QB that we draft turns out to be better than the 3 QBs drafted ahead of him. With luck, we're the team that gets the Dan Marino and the ones in front of us get stiffed.
    How much have you really watched, Darnold? Rosen? Allen? Mayfield?
    I've seen a decent amount of darnold and Rosen. They both have serious bust potential. They could both be great but as I've said, I don't think Darnold is very smart. Rosen is smart but I don't know how he will hold up physically or mentally. I haven't seen much of Allen but the limited amount I've seen, he's a project but could be the best out of all QBs. He's got the size, the arm and the athleticism. I watch a ton of Mayfield. He's going to be good. I believe he is the safest pick. He can start from day 1. He will love the NY pressure. He has so much passion and fire. He can also throw the ball and he's very, very smart on the field.

If the Jets want a QB, they will either end up with a very high, superstar ceiling but low floor guy or a guy who will be a long time starter with a superstar possibility. We will be fine

Lol
    You can't even be wrong, right.
    I was off by 1 fkn game. That's a great prediction of the season. Stop making yourself look foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Thank you for being intelligent.

I was off by 1 fkn game. That's a great prediction of the season. Stop making yourself look foolish.
    Jesus doesn't swear.
    Your prediction was incorrect yet you brag.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast