Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I hate the Josh McCown signing

This team is rebuilding! We need to give snaps to Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg! Josh McCown simply is an old journeyman veteran who makes a bad Jets team a little bit better. Instead of going 0-16 the Jets could go 4-12 for example and miss out on the ultimate #1 Draft Pick slot. I'm not a fan of McCown and think it was a terrible signing.
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I love Hack but he is clearly not ready and may never be. Petty was good against the third string and stunk last year.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

McCown will be injured by week 3, he is about as injury prone as tiny romo

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles:31834768
    This team is rebuilding! We need to give snaps to Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg! Josh McCown simply is an old journeyman veteran who makes a bad Jets team a little bit better. Instead of going 0-16 the Jets could go 4-12 for example and miss out on the ultimate #1 Draft Pick slot. I'm not a fan of McCown and think it was a terrible signing.
    Completely agree.... I expect to miss out on the #1 pick because of the McCown signing, Darnold goes #1, becomes a star, and we take Rosen or someone like that with the 3rd or 4th pick, and said player becomes a bust.

Sounds about right

Is anyone else scared of taking a USC QB? I'm terrified of this, I'm almost thinking at this point Rosen will be the better QB

Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Is anyone else scared of taking a USC QB? I'm terrified of this, I'm almost thinking at this point Rosen will be the better QB
    I really think Baker Mayfield will be the safest pick. I think he's going to be a good QB at the next level. He may not be great but I think he can be a guy to lead a franchise for a decade. He's tough minded, athletic, accurate with a good, not great arm and makes good reads.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Not a fan of Allen?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

The Jets are awful, if they don't have a win by the 5th game there is a great chance they go 0-16.

Darnold is on prime time Saturday. Time to get my amateur scouting hat on.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

McCown was a good signing
    Veteran QB that knows how to lose
    He'll take a beating for 6-8 weeks, when everyone officially gives up on the Jets, Hackenberg should be able to slide in and only be abused by the media instead of massacred

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    He'll take a beating for 6-8 weeks, when everyone officially gives up on the Jets, Hackenberg should be able to slide in and only be abused by the media instead of massacred
    Agree - McCown never wins, dont know why that would change with this supporting cast. You literally couldn't put Hack out there, he is so far from ready. I am 98% sure he never will be. It still feels like our D could be enough to let us sneak a couple wins in this first 5 which could be catastrophic for our future but hey, you have to play the game and I want our guys giving their all

I want Sam Darnold or Josh Allen.
    World Championships

Miracle Mets

Super Bowl III

Dr. J (ABA)

Potvin's Cups

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    As long as he loses, I'm okay with it.
    World Championships

Miracle Mets

Super Bowl III

Dr. J (ABA)

Potvin's Cups

You never want guys playing to lose or thinking it's OK to lose. That sets a horrible example and develops a bad culture that can be hard to dig out of.

Getting the #1 pick isn't a necessity. I mean Eli Manning was the consensus #1 pick in that draft and honestly I'd rather have Big Ben. We just have to get a guy who we can rely on for a decade whether it's at pick #1 or in the 3rd round. For ****s sake the best QB of all time got picked in the 6th round.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    You never want guys playing to lose or thinking it's OK to lose. That sets a horrible example and develops a bad culture that can be hard to dig out of.

Getting the #1 pick isn't a necessity. I mean Eli Manning was the consensus #1 pick in that draft and honestly I'd rather have Big Ben. We just have to get a guy who we can rely on for a decade whether it's at pick #1 or in the 3rd round. For ****s sake the best QB of all time got picked in the 6th round.
    Peyton Manning wasn't a 6th round pick.

Give me Sam Darnold #1
    World Championships

Miracle Mets

Super Bowl III

Dr. J (ABA)

Potvin's Cups

Hack is the third string qb.
    Someone better get his **** together and quick, if he's going to have a chance

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast