Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Like I said he used to be able to make that play all the time, that surgery really did a number.

Also what did you expect? Super Bowl? Lost our QB before the season started, good teams can't over come that just ask the Packers.
    That defender was in front of the receiver before the ball ever left Cutlers arm.

I also think comparing Tannehill to Rodgers is a little overboard. Look at Minnesota, their mediocre QB goes down and they plug in a livable QB and they are 8-2.....Our problem is Cutler is no longer livable and Gase has stuck with him way too long. More than anything I think this is a case of bad coaching.

We got screwed on that safety. Not only did we not get 2 points we lost a timeout.

I can't handle watching Cutler anymore. If Gase sticks with Cutler over a healthy Moore I might quit watching Dolphins games until next season. I have been watching Dolphins games since 1972 and this is the first time I have ever felt this way. Gase decision to stick with Cutler is bad coaching. Gase is his own worst enemy.

Another concussion too...time for my guy cutty to hang em up for sure

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-a-minute View Post
    This is has been just the most joyless, most depressing Dolphins team to watch in many, many years. This season has been no fun. No sign of a future either.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more. I can't even watch anymore. I honestly wish they would have lost every game. How many players on the current team would you actually like to see stay with the team? Parker, Landry, Tunsil, Harris, Phillips, Jones?? How many quality NFL players are on this team? Future is bleak.

We must, I mean MUST find a young franchise QB. Tannehill is an average starting QB and WAY better than Cutler, but at his age and based on what we've seen so far, he's not leading you to the promise land either.

We cannot become the Browns who can't find a franchise QB. But I'm afraid we are becoming that team. Not one good QB since Marino.

It's hard watching teams like Philly w/Wentz, LA w/Goeff, Houston w/Watson, etc... Teams that now have their franchise QB and a bright future.

Please Dolphins, get a franchise QB in the upcoming draft. That's our only hope for a future. Yes we need a defense, yes we need a good O-Line... But first and foremost, we must strike gold on a QB.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    That defender was in front of the receiver before the ball ever left Cutlers arm.

I also think comparing Tannehill to Rodgers is a little overboard. Look at Minnesota, their mediocre QB goes down and they plug in a livable QB and they are 8-2.....Our problem is Cutler is no longer livable and Gase has stuck with him way too long. More than anything I think this is a case of bad coaching.
    Case Keenum has also been sacked once since week 4, has one of the best rushing attacks in the NFL and has 2 top 10 WRs this year.

Offense is more than just the QB. Draft any qb you want this year and you'll still see them struggle with a **** oline and inconsistent playmakers.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Case Keenum has also been sacked once since week 4, has one of the best rushing attacks in the NFL and has 2 top 10 WRs this year.

Offense is more than just the QB. Draft any qb you want this year and you'll still see them struggle with a **** oline and inconsistent playmakers.
    You are dismissing the QB way too easily. Sam Bradford has been sacked 5 times this season and Casey Keenum has been sacked 5 times. Same team, same line, different results. The Vikings were sacked 38 times last season. The QB plays a role in whether he is sacked or not. Lets give Keenum some of credit, if Bradford was healthy all season we wouldnt be talking how few times the Minnesota QB has been sacked.

No position is a big factor in the outcome than the QB. Look at how poorly Houston played under Savage, Watson comes in and elevates that team to a high scoring offense. Rodgers leads green bay to one of the highest scoring offenses and he goes down they can't score. Luck goes down the Colts are horrible.

The Vikings have a good team and Keenum has been doing a very good job in leading that team to 8-2. If the Vikings had Hundley instead of Keenum you wouldnt be saying how the Vikings have 2 of the top 10 WR this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    You are dismissing the QB way too easily. Sam Bradford has been sacked 5 times this season and Casey Keenum has been sacked 5 times. Same team, same line, different results. The Vikings were sacked 38 times last season. The QB plays a role in whether he is sacked or not. Lets give Keenum some of credit, if Bradford was healthy all season we wouldnt be talking how few times the Minnesota QB has been sacked.

No position is a big factor in the outcome than the QB. Look at how poorly Houston played under Savage, Watson comes in and elevates that team to a high scoring offense. Rodgers leads green bay to one of the highest scoring offenses and he goes down they can't score. Luck goes down the Colts are horrible.

The Vikings have a good team and Keenum has been doing a very good job in leading that team to 8-2. If the Vikings had Hundley instead of Keenum you wouldnt be saying how the Vikings have 2 of the top 10 WR this season.
    Vikings spent 90M bucks on the two OTs and a 3rd round pick to fix there Oline, so can't compare them to last season. Also Sam Bradford had looked really good in that offence as well. Helps when you have a good OL a running game and great D. Same thing can be said for the Texans, Savage just isn't a NFL starter.

Like Wrench mentioned, the Vikings completely remodeled their oline this year and have one of the best turnarounds I've seen.

You're arguing with raw stats which is your biggest problem. There's so many teams this year that look amazing because of a crazy influx in talent on their offense and a great scheme. The Rams, Vikings, Eagles and Houston all added a few key pieces (Houston really only changed QB) and it's been a game changer. And you'll see all 3 of those offenses are using misdirection and RPO plays to constantly confuse the offense. Since you mentioned Houston, look at the offense that is being ran now with Savage compared to Watson. Yes Watson is better QB but the offense is completely different. Goff, Keenum and Wentz are playing well but they also have a crazy offense around them. You'll also notice that all of those teams have a great Oline.

Just to further back my point, just look at the Raiders this year. What really changed on their offense to make them struggle? Wasn't Derek Carr an MVP caliber QB last year? Now that his oline isn't invincible and his receivers aren't catching everything he looks like an average QB. Hell, you can even look at the simple change of OC for the Falcons and see that an good offense needs more than just a good QB.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

The offense can be fixed easily this off-season. You just have to get the players that fit the system. We've seen what Gase wants since we traded Ajayi and it's given us hope for a few minutes at least. Gase can make a very good offense just like all the teams I mentioned.

Fix the oline. Get a TE and 3rd WR that can consistently get open without having to be schemed open. That's it. The problem with that is the fact that no one trusts our FO to find those players.

Biggest difference in the Raiders is lack of running game and the D is terrible. There D wasn't great last year but they where getting turnovers, this year they have not gotten a INT all year. That's an NFL record.

All of the best teams in the league have at least 2 out of 3, either a good D, solid running game or solid OL.

Take the Saints for example. One of the best passing attacks ever for years, been terrible the past few years. This year they really fixed that D (Lattimore is a stud) and that running attack is really good with Ingram and Kamara.

You guys failed to point out that Bradford took 5 sacks this season in less than 1 and a half games.

I am not going by raw stats, that's generally your guys job. I am going by team results. How does a team perform with 1 QB compared to another QB.

Personally I think Gase offense sucks. He is just too conservative for me. He has this idea that passing should be within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. Those are not my words those are Gase words. His offense worked in Denver thanks to Peyton Manning. It didn't work well in Chicago with Jay Cutler or in Miami with Cutler.

Personally I think the reason Gase doesn't like Matt Moore because Matt Moore doesn't follow within Gase scheme. If healthy I expect Gase will start Cutler next week because Cutler stays within Gase scheme.

Right now this team is in a downward spiral. At the rate we are going this team will be worst at the end of the season compared to when Gase got the team. There is just something wrong with Gase. In his press conference he tried to make this game sound like a learning experience for the players, but he will come away learning nothing himself. This team with its current roster would be better with a down field passer than a dink and dunk passer. I keep hearing we can't thrown down field because our Oline sucks and then Matt Moore comes in and throws the ball down field.

We lost our realistic chance the last 4 games to make the playoffs. Horrible game plan against the Raiders, even Tom Brady took some shots down the field against the Raiders.

I fell of the Gase bandwagon. I am still close enough to catch up and jump back on but if Gase chooses to start Cutler over a healthy Moore I will stop running. I can't see how any coach in their right mind would start Cutler over Moore. Cutler has had 9 games too lead us to the worst offense in the league. Only reason I can see Gase starting Cutler over Moore is his ego which I think is too high and probably a detriment to this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Biggest difference in the Raiders is lack of running game and the D is terrible. There D wasn't great last year but they where getting turnovers, this year they have not gotten a INT all year. That's an NFL record.

All of the best teams in the league have at least 2 out of 3, either a good D, solid running game or solid OL.

Take the Saints for example. One of the best passing attacks ever for years, been terrible the past few years. This year they really fixed that D (Lattimore is a stud) and that running attack is really good with Ingram and Kamara.
    I think you are over simplifying it. What 2 of the 3 do the Patriots have? A good offense can make a defense better. A good QB can make a offensive line look better. I could go on and on. Our defense would be a lot better if we were not always playing from behind and constantly putting our defense on the field. The Patriots defense has been one of the worst in the league, but they tend to play better up 3 touchdowns.

I could argue that QB play is the reason for success. QB play is the biggest #1 factor in success, its why they make the big dollars. Its not the only reason but the largest. If Green Bays, Indianapolis, and Houston's QB didn't go down all 3 would probably be in the hunt for a playoff spot now all 3 are highly unlikely to make the playoffs.

So a few things, Plague

You used raw stats to say that the Vikings oline wasn't that good in their first 2 games of the season. One of those game Bradford played with half a leg.

You also mentioned that Gase has a conservative offense even though last year we had one of the best offenses in the NFL in terms of Big plays. It was actually a major problem with our team that we weren't consistent. Gase wants the offense to be explosive, it's why we kept Stills. The problem is that Cutler can't be trusted to throw deep consistently because I throws into double coverage and he throws an awful deep pass at this point in his career. He brought Cutler in because he thought he could still run a consistent quick strike offense like he did in Chicago. Everyone who actually watched the 2015 tape of those two together mentioned that Gase limited Cutlers impact to a quick and efficient QB. If you had watched that tape you would have seen that Cutler didn't throw deep often that year at all.

You're right that Gase doesn't trust Moore to stay within the play. And at this point why should anyone trust Moore to do that? We've all seen the awful INTs he throws because he's trying too much. Hes basically what everyone thinks Cutler is. You can't win consistently with him. He s a great spark plug but he's not consistent.

No one is arguing that this season has been good. Gase deserves plenty to blame. But it's so frustrating that one year after leading an insane, unsustainable playoff run, that we would suddenly turn on Gase 2 years after taking the ****** roster that Philbin created. Some teams get lucky and can have an insane turn around like the Rams have had this year, but for most teams it takes a few years. Everyone was saying when Gase got hired that if he could make the playoffs by year 3 then it would be a success. Well hes already done that. And now he's had a year with more off the field stuff then I've seen since I started watching the team. It's ok to be angry, but not everything needs to be a nuclear reset.

Also, I agree that QB play is the #1 reason for a successful offense. All I've been saying for the past few years is that more goes into successful QB play then just the QB. This year has shown so many examples of that and it's just frustrating that people still haven't seen that and instead listen to ESPN talk about how "Goff and Wentz have taken the next step" without acknowledging the amazing talent around them.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast