2 run homer for Myers, Padres lead 3-0

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

Good **** Padres.

Now hold the ****ing lead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

9/4-9/7: Cubs (75-61) at Pirates (65-72): #SeptemberPushEdition

Erick Aybar just made the dumbest tag up I've ever seen. Didn't even attempt to slide and got tagged out easily at 2nd on a throw by Fowler.

Jesus

#FlyTheW

God the Padres are worthless...

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

Bases loaded, 2 outs for Fowler.

#FlyTheW

5 game lead boys!

Padres win 3-0!

Its getting to that time now: Magic Number = 18

#FlyTheW

Cubs taking a five game lead into the weekend over the Cards/Brewers.

Good night of baseball for us!

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Just remember they swept us. I know it's baseball. The Braves swept the Dbacks, the Reds swept the Brewers, etc.

Man and the Dodgers goodness what a collapse they are having right now. They better figure it soon because all of that magic they had is wearing off fast.

Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    Just remember they swept us. I know it's baseball. The Braves swept the Dbacks, the Reds swept the Brewers, etc.

Man and the Dodgers goodness what a collapse they are having right now. They better figure it soon because all of that magic they had is wearing off fast.
    I know the dodgers are still going to win the division but could you imagine if the DBacks could get that lead down to 5 games?

Maybe the Dodgers will flip the switch and be ready for the playoffs, but they are showing why they should not be the heavy favorites in the playoffs.
    Screw sabermetics.

Crazy to think that the Dodgers would need to go 12-11 the rest of the way to have a better win total than the Cubs 2016 regular season. It wasn't long ago they were on pace to match the 2001 Seattle Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    Crazy to think that the Dodgers would need to go 12-11 the rest of the way to have a better win total than the Cubs 2016 regular season. It wasn't long ago they were on pace to match the 2001 Seattle Mariners.
    They were actually on pace to beat that Mariners win total for a little while there.

Idk, was just never that sold on them. They've gotten a crazy good season from Chris Taylor, virtually out of nowhere, Bellinger is slugging more than he ever did in the minors, Alex Wood has never been this good and he's been mediocre/bad in the 2nd half, and the back end of their rotation isn't anything special.

They're definitely a good team but I was never really convinced they were an all time great, or this unstoppable juggernaut come playoff time.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    They were actually on pace to beat that Mariners win total for a little while there.

Idk, was just never that sold on them. They've gotten a crazy good season from Chris Taylor, virtually out of nowhere, Bellinger is slugging more than he ever did in the minors, Alex Wood has never been this good and he's been mediocre/bad in the 2nd half, and the back end of their rotation isn't anything special.

They're definitely a good team but I was never really convinced they were an all time great, or this unstoppable juggernaut come playoff time.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    That's how I felt about the Dodgers. I was never sold on them either. Like you said players like Taylor, Wood, and even Turner and Puig were playing above their norm, Darvish has struggled. Everything and I mean everything was going right for them for about 2 months. They may still do some damage in the playoffs but there are some serious problems going on with them right now. When we had our struggles last year right before the All Star break we had time to right the ship and get the momentum back for the second half. The Dodgers have 3 weeks left to figure this out.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Hahahaha!! Yes they are!

Dodgers are still the favorites, no doubt but yeah, what it really shows is that people need to be less concerned with how your team plays against teams over .500. Generally being the best team means winning all the games against crap teams. I don't even have to look, I would be near 100% certain their record vs over .500 teams is right around .500, and that most of their dominance has been beating up on the Giants and Padres similar to what the Cubs were doing last year in our division.

The Dodgers have been playing much better teams and yeah it's going extremely poorly but I'm not looking too much into it. That's baseball.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast