Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Found it:

Forbes has released their list of the top 10 highest paid WWE wrestlers for the year of 2016. Forbes compiles this list using “WWE’s public filings, booking contracts and pay documents as well as interviews with industry insiders.” Wrestler pay includes their base salary and bonuses from merchandise and live events.

Brock Lesnar finished #1 with $12 million, knocking 2015’s highest paid WWE star, John Cena, to #2 with $8 million.

10. Randy Orton – $1.9 million
    9. Seth Rollins – $2 million
    8. The Undertaker – $2 million
    7. Shane McMahon – $2.2 million
    6. AJ Styles – $2.4 million
    5. Dean Ambrose – $2.7 million
    4. Roman Reigns – $3.5 million
    3. Triple H – $ 3.8 million
    2. John Cena – $8 million
    1. Brock Lesnar – $12 million
    https://411mania.com/wrestling/list-...a-no-longer-1/

Some guys must make a boatload in incentives and bonuses. I mean what kind of a contract could AJ have originally signed? $800,000 or so?

EDIT: Just read something where it may have $500,000.
    Last edited by Driven; 09-09-2017 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Found it:

https://411mania.com/wrestling/list-...a-no-longer-1/

Some guys must make a boatload in incentives and bonuses. I mean what kind of a contract could AJ have originally signed? $800,000 or so?

EDIT: Just read something where it may have $500,000.
    TNA offered him a little over $300,000 back at the end of his run there, so that would make sense. His merch has sold plenty though, the kids love the gloves.

How in the hell does Lesnar make 12 million? The guy only shows up 4/5 times a yr. I hate to say it
    but guys like Reigns are getting screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    How in the hell does Lesnar make 12 million? The guy only shows up 4/5 times a yr. I hate to say it
    I don't buy Lesnar makes that much either. I think I remember ESPN and other outlets reporting that he signed a 3 year/9 million dollar deal in 2015. That said, that's just a baseline salary. He makes a decent % of the merchandise he sells as well.

No 7 figure number is that surprising though. He's billed as a special attraction and his resume certainly commands that he is paid handsomely even for limited dates.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-10-2017 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I don't buy Lesnar makes that much either. I think I remember ESPN and other outlets reporting that he signed a 3 year/9 million dollar deal in 2015. That said, that's just a baseline salary. He makes a decent % of the merchandise he sells as well.

No 7 figure number is that surprising though. He's billed as a special attraction and his resume certainly commands that he is paid handsomely even for limited dates.
    he has a **** ton of endorsements.. He gets endorsements from wwe and UFC... He gets money for the video games/commercials/body building crap and so on down the list.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Lmfao guys like Reigns are getting screwed? Are you serious? If you were running wwe you would pay roman more than brock? The Only people on this roster that should be paid more than Brock are taker/Cena period... I love Styles more than anything but even he doesnt fill the seats like Brock and if you are running WWE you pay brock that amount because people watch... Without Brock Other sports outlets would have never started to cover the wwe.

Stone cold steve austin lived out of his truck and ate tuna fish from a can for breakfast lunch and dinner and made 200 dollars a week until he was finally able to put the fans in the seats with his star power.... Roman comes in at what 200k plus a year? For what to do a few moves and be terrible on the mic?

Yep. Lesnar moves the needle. So does Cena and Roman nudges it right now. Everyone else is not there. We watch because of them but we will watch either way. Mainstream isn't adjusting for AJ or Seth Rollins. Working with ESPN might change that but it's really tough to say.

Brock earns his money and then some is the bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

I remember when Brock came back he was able to keep his own endorsements on WWE TV. I don't know if anything has changed since then, but that's a huge deal. Who knows if those numbers are included in that 12 million. I don't think that that number is that outlandish.

Brock's appeal may have worn off, but overall his current run has been a major success for the WWE.

Not sure about 'Mania, but Lesnar/Goldberg I did big money for WWE.

I remember when Brock came back he was able to keep his own endorsements on WWE TV. I don't know if anything has changed since then, but that's a huge deal. Who knows if those numbers are included in that 12 million. I don't think that that number is that outlandish.

Brock's appeal may have worn off, but overall his current run has been a major success for the WWE.

It's tough to get TV endorsements when he's not on TV...haha. But check for the Jimmy John's shorts, that's a good gauge.

The only thing I would say is that his endorsements are not part of his WWE base salary and merchandise rights. He's probably the only guy who is allowed to have outside endorsements independent of WWE be on his apparel, etc but that's not part of what the WWE pays him.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Lmfao guys like Reigns are getting screwed? Are you serious? If you were running wwe you would pay roman more than brock? The Only people on this roster that should be paid more than Brock are taker/Cena period... I love Styles more than anything but even he doesnt fill the seats like Brock and if you are running WWE you pay brock that amount because people watch... Without Brock Other sports outlets would have never started to cover the wwe.

Stone cold steve austin lived out of his truck and ate tuna fish from a can for breakfast lunch and dinner and made 200 dollars a week until he was finally able to put the fans in the seats with his star power.... Roman comes in at what 200k plus a year? For what to do a few moves and be terrible on the mic?
    Yeah cause Reigns at least there what 300+ days out of the yr? He should be getting paid at least
    5 million. Well don't forget Reigns also has the Rock as a cousin so there's that.

No one works 300 day schedules anymore, it's probably closer to 200.

Basically, this argument is full time workers who live the grind vs. part-timers who don't have to put in much work. At the end of the day it just comes down to value. I'm sure Roman is compensated and treated well. All of these guys deserve whatever they're getting paid, or else they wouldn't be paid that. Well, except for maybe Shane-O-Mac. But he clearly has a lot of value as well.

No one works 300 day schedules anymore, it's probably closer to 200.

Basically, this argument is full time workers who live the grind vs. part-timers who don't have to put in much work. At the end of the day it just comes down to value. I'm sure Roman is compensated and treated well. All of these guys deserve whatever they're getting paid, or else they wouldn't be paid that. Well, except for maybe Shane-O-Mac. But he clearly has a lot of value as well.
    I believe Dean worked over 300 matches in 2016. I don't know if that's 300 nights but it's damn impressive.

Over 300 matches would be 6 days per week.

Perhaps it's matches. Each RAW and Smackdown have additional dark matches. So he could wrestle twice on those shows. But those numbers still don't really add up. I'd have to see the source on that.

The only thing I've found is this - http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers/...=2016&res=2000

I counted and it listed 188. Doesn't mean that's accurate.

EDIT: Of course I just now found the number listed. It's 187. 219 in 2015.
    Last edited by Driven; 09-13-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234