Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Undertaker not retired? WWE may be planning Taker/Cena feud after all

Again, multiple sources including PWI, so if there's smoke like this, expect a fire even though I am sure Vince wanted to keep it under wraps.

- Various news outlets, including Pro Wrestling Insider and WrestleZone, have been reporting on a possibility of an in-ring return for the Undertaker. While to many viewing Wrestlemania 33, it appeared that Undertaker retired but nothing was formally announced. For SummerSlam 2017, it was reported that Undertaker was in the New York area but that may have been something video game related but even that has had conflicting reports.

Reportedly, the Undertaker was working out in the ring before the SummerSlam event and even rumors of him interfering in the Fatal 4 Way match, but obviously that didn't happen.

There is some speculation circulating of some interest in a John Cena vs. Undertaker match in the future, potentially Survivor Series 2017 to continue to assist that longtime Pay Per View (last year featured Goldberg vs. Lesnar and did great business). Otherwise, Wrestlemania 34 is a possibility as a Wrestlemania 33 match-up almost happened but plans were changed.

It should be noted that Undertaker needed full hip replacement surgery in May following his Wrestlemania 33 match (due to lingering injuries before that match, not caused by it).

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...LdGr1GU47Mm.99

Love Taker but there's no way WWE can backtrack on something like this without negative consequences.

You don't let him leave his stuff in the ring, have him break character and everything only to have him come back. I love Taker but I hope they boo the **** of out him if he comes back and stuff.

If WWE wanted to turn Roman heel, they could have taker come back and pin Roman quick, then Roman destroys taker and completes his full heel turn. It will never happen though but could be a interesting idea since Roman likes to brag all the time he retired the undertaker.
    Fan of Redsox , Chi town bears , Boston Celtics , Dale Jr. , Uva

Can't be mad at Taker. Its a guaranteed 7 figure payday to work Wrestlemania season and if his hip feels better, maybe that can put together a 3 star match with John Cena. People have always wanted to see it but we know how the WWE feels about their fans wanting to see something.

It's either 5 years too late or it never happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Love Taker but there's no way WWE can backtrack on something like this without negative consequences.

You don't let him leave his stuff in the ring, have him break character and everything only to have him come back. I love Taker but I hope they boo the **** of out him if he comes back and stuff.
    They can always write something that makes sense to excuse it.....such as booking Reigns and UT at Survivor Series, with UT saying that Reigns wouldn't have to worry about him had he not run his mouth off or something along those lines. Have Cena get involved, interfering in the match for UT but costing him the match in some way. Cena says from his perspective he took over as locker room leader from UT when he left full-time, wanted to protect his legacy, have UT say it's not his place, someone puts a finisher on the other and you've set it up for WM.

I can't count on creative to flesh that out, or any other scenario, and make it a successful story. Also, like metswon said, if his hip feels better, and I know my grandfather was almost a new man when he had his knees replaced, maybe UT feels he can give it a go.

I am conflicted. Taker is, was, and likely will forever be, my favorite wrestler. The guy the last few years is a shell of who he used to be and it sucks to watch. That said anytime he is on the TV I will watch. So maybe I am the problem. He is still a draw and they will use him that way. If Taker wants to keep doing it he will definitely be out there and that is his call, damn what I or anyone thinks. The other part of me wants him to finally retire and get the much deserved ceremony he has long since earned. The way they sent him off last year was a good way to go out, minus the very underwhelming match.

I've been sick of him for like 6-7 years. really hope this doesnt happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    They can always write something that makes sense to excuse it.....such as booking Reigns and UT at Survivor Series, with UT saying that Reigns wouldn't have to worry about him had he not run his mouth off or something along those lines. Have Cena get involved, interfering in the match for UT but costing him the match in some way. Cena says from his perspective he took over as locker room leader from UT when he left full-time, wanted to protect his legacy, have UT say it's not his place, someone puts a finisher on the other and you've set it up for WM.

I can't count on creative to flesh that out, or any other scenario, and make it a successful story. Also, like metswon said, if his hip feels better, and I know my grandfather was almost a new man when he had his knees replaced, maybe UT feels he can give it a go.
    Storyline wise, you can make it that way. But you can't re-write the emotions around it. It was quite obvious they produced the match and the ending of WM to be Taker's goodbye. It takes away from it if they backtrack on that.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I am conflicted. Taker is, was, and likely will forever be, my favorite wrestler. The guy the last few years is a shell of who he used to be and it sucks to watch. That said anytime he is on the TV I will watch. So maybe I am the problem. He is still a draw and they will use him that way. If Taker wants to keep doing it he will definitely be out there and that is his call, damn what I or anyone thinks. The other part of me wants him to finally retire and get the much deserved ceremony he has long since earned. The way they sent him off last year was a good way to go out, minus the very underwhelming match.
    If they didn't send him off last year, then I wouldn't have a problem with him coming back. But now there's no way they can just change their mind on that.

Undertaker not retired? WWE may be planning Taker/Cena feud after all

He got hip surgery in May. Considering his age taking bumps this early I don't know. Plus it seemed like he was done. It seems like whenever taker is close by wwe it's always oh he's coming back but I'm not buying it

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    I've been sick of him for like 6-7 years. really hope this doesnt happen.
    Haha yeah....
    I basically enjoy his ring entrance and then that's it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    He got hip surgery in May. Considering his age taking bumps this early I don't know. Plus it seemed like he was done. It seems like whenever taker is close by wwe it's always oh he's coming back but I'm not buying it
    I don't see him showing up at Survivor Series. Its only been like 5 months since he had the surgery and at his age, he's probably going to need more time to rehab. That said, if you start talking about Wrestlemania season, its 9 months removed from surgery and his mobility may be notably better. I don't care if they bring him back but I don't want to see him against Reigns. I want to see him against Cena or someone who could carry him to a good match.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-04-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Would wwe ever consider bringing him back as the american bad *** again? Technically it was the deadmans last match.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Would wwe ever consider bringing him back as the american bad *** again? Technically it was the deadmans last match.
    It would be a logical way to explain his return but I highly doubt it. Technically speaking he never retired though. What he did at Wrestlemania was symbolic but he never said he was walking away from the ring.

I could be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that his hip wasn't as bad as they originally thought and just had surgery on it, and didn't have a full on replacement. If that's the case, that might explain why he might do another match.

He probably did the mania match feeling it was his last because of how bad of shape he was in. obviously he isn't going to do another match if he has limited mobility or is in a lot of pain or it's an injury risk. I'm not even sure he could do a match if he had his entire hip replaced. I would imagine the wear and tear in a match would not be good for it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast