Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    As long as it's someone good then I'd probably be okay with it. Don't trade it for Marc Gasol or Carmelo Anthony or Paul Millsap (all-stars).

DeMarcus Cousins is interesting, but I'm hesitant on him mainly because he's on a contract year. The worst case scenario as a fan of the team is scary bad:

DMC walks
    LeBron walks
    IT walks
    Brooklyn pick is gone
    Kyrie is gone

That would be 5 HUGE PIECES gone within one year. That would be catastrophic and extremely poor management - certainly the GM would be worth firing for that.

At least if we kept the Brooklyn pick, we'd have a shot at some top-end talent in the draft. Porter and Bagley look like they could end up as franchise players.

Now, I would definitely think about trading for Cousins if he (or LeBron, but that probably ain't happening) agrees to an extension. Paul George can agree to opt in on the final year of his contract if he is traded to the Cavs, etc... there would have to be SOME kind of assurance of having the asset last for more than a half-year rental, even if a formal extension is not actually made.

That's my take on it - at the end of the day, I won't be mad if we traded it for Cousins. We'd see how the year play out and go from there and hopefully re-sign our major pieces.
    I agree and I hope you all do say **** it and go all in, I think that would actually make LeBron want to stay more. Not to mention me and Wade will likely be a part of Cavs Nation in the coming months lol.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Why aren't Deng and Ryan Anderson being dumped using 1st if it's that easy? Both better players.
    Have no clue about Anderson bulut the Lakers can't give up another 1st. Not if they wanted to add a key piece if Lebron is coming

PAPI SMASH!

Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    Have no clue about Anderson bulut the Lakers can't give up another 1st. Not if they wanted to add a key piece if Lebron is coming
    Like I said, I wouldn't waste a lot of time worrying about Lebron coming to the Lakers. But hey if you find some excitement there go for it, you never know you might be Right

Rumors are teams want 2 1st for Anderson and he's actually a solid piece and fits the current day NBA. Rockets are actually better with him than without although they would be better with Melo. Not sure Mahimi or even Gortat at this point move the needle and they're both worse than Anderson. It's going to take more than a 1st to dump them, may even have to include Oubre.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Another reason I think the Cavs should trade the pick for an all star at the deadline is because I don't think the Celtics are done either. I could actually see them in a bidding war for Cousins at the deadline if the Pelicans suck.

He can also build a better team and/or the banana boat team in LA. Thats why I think you guys have to trade the pick for an all star to make it even harder for him to leave. Have to bring Wade in post buyout as well.
    I agree and disagree. first off Lebron won't build anything. He WILL NOT go somewhere with the chance of building a team. The Lakers will have to build the team first. If lonzo and imgram look great this year, and they can dumb the cap to sign Westbrook, George and some good bench guys while still having the max to sign Lebron yes he may consider that. Although i have many questions about how that team would even work together with subpar shooters. Point is though thats a lot of question marks. Westbrook would be leaving lots of money.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    I agree and disagree. first off Lebron won't build anything. He WILL NOT go somewhere with the chance of building a team. The Lakers will have to build the team first. If lonzo and imgram look great this year, and they can dumb the cap to sign Westbrook, George and some good bench guys while still having the max to sign Lebron yes he may consider that. Although i have many questions about how that team would even work together with subpar shooters. Point is though thats a lot of question marks. Westbrook would be leaving lots of money.
    I'm sure if those 3 guys are interested in joining LA they will be talking to each other trying to figure out a way to get it to work.

I'm sure if those 3 guys are interested in joining LA they will be talking to each other trying to figure out a way to get it to work.
    sure but Lebron will be the last piece to sign. Just like with the heat. ( Bosh joining wade)
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

huh? you really don't understand the CBA and how it works... the lakers can buy a pick late in the first round of the next two years and that enables them to trade another pick even in 2019.

It is quite frankly the easiest work around issue in cap/roster management.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Meh, I'm not going to focus on the miniscule objectives such as his son playing as a Cleveland Cavailers in NBA 2k or where is heart is.. I think he's past that. If you're a Cleveland Cavs fan or Ohio resident and hate on LeBron for leaving again, you are just unreasonable. I get the sense that most Cleveland fans are going to respect his decision and want to see LeBron achieve greatness wherever he goes.
    I wouldn't be upset if he left again. I just want my GM/front office to be prepared for it.

As for KD's quote, it honestly proves my point. Cavs are hesistant in making a trade with the pick presicely because they don't have a high confidence that LeBron resigns. The only reason they even asked and looked for a pick was because of LeBron's uncertainty. If LeBron truly wanted to stay with the Cavs beyond this season, he would tell the Cavs management to make some moves with the pick and if they can get someone who he believes will help them win for future years, that he would resign. I don't think that happens but if it does, then that is assurance LeBron would actually stay.. when he tells them he will.
    The Cavs are just being smart about it. There aren't many options out there right now, despite the stuff about DMC. The Cavs would rather wait until around the deadline to see the players available. They may also have a better idea as to where they'll be in the future.

LeBron would be an idiot to guarantee he's staying or leaving right now. Maybe he'll provide hints towards the deadline, particularly if a superstar-level player is available and could tip the scales a bit. Just because the Cavs are hesitant on trading the pick right now doesn't mean LeBron is telling him he is gone. If that were the case they wouldn't even be examining offers for it at all and would've probably taken another pick instead of Isaiah Thomas back in that trade.

They are HOPEFUL LeBron stays (which indicates he hasn't told them he's leaving or anything) but are planning to be ready in case he leaves.

BELIEVELAND WE CHAMPS!!! 2016!!!

It's important to note also that the draft happens before FA. CLE could conceivably make the BRK pick and then put trades in place contingent on Lebron re-signing. It doesn't have to be moved now or even at the deadline.

Next offseason Klay Thompson would be heading into the final year of his deal for example. Let's say GS decides they don't want to pay the tax. So instead they trade him... CLE can offer that BRK pick then. That's probably not the best example because I doubt GS would want to trade him to their most direct competition. But you get the point. Inevitably there will be some star player available via trade at the draft next year and CLE could make an offer then, which would still come before Lebron's decision.

If they go that route though there is the risk that he becomes annoyed beyond the point of return I guess. If they "punt" on improving this year he might just get so pissed off that he leaves even with a trade proposal on the table for next year.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Yeah, and then at that point Jeannie would have to decide for real, which they haven't actually had to do yet, if they want to tie up a billion dollars in salaries and tax to win or almost win a magical title for Magic

Like they've been able to cruise along with a very reasonable salary structure the past 5-10 years and still claim or maintain that Jerry Buss sky's the limit pay anything to win reputation. But it puts it to the test in this era of $200M+ contracts and super tax. And again that is if if if

... So you're saying there's a chance...

Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    Like they've been able to cruise along with a very reasonable salary structure the past 5-10 years and still claim or maintain that Jerry Buss sky's the limit pay anything to win reputation. But it puts it to the test in this era of $200M+ contracts and super tax. And again that is if if if
    Again this gets back to emotionally trading away D'Angelo, who loved being a Laker and was a cost controlled rookie asset. Like it might have felt good to throw him out the door and say F-you to Jim and Mitch, but all you got back was raw cap space. Which can only be used on max deals etc.

Actually in a way it protects their budget, because if they kept Dangelo, Ingram and Randle and THEN brought in Lebron and one or two other maxes then you could REALLY go way over the cap in two years when you pay the young core.

But yeah if you clear capspace and fill to the salary cap with free agents, then you will probably only go over $10-$20m unless you super max extend 3 superstars + re-sign Ingram Ball and maybe Randle. **** Nance may end up being a $15m a year guy sooner than later. And just forget KCP and Lopez, unless nobody's coming and you have to beg those dudes to stay and pay them max dollars max years

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast