Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Plenty of people did.

Lately, LeBron has been constantly saying that he has nothing left to prove. He's "maturing" so to speak and undoubtedly thinking more and more about his post-NBA career. Turning down a huge amount of money to ring-chase to a team in the West that would likely get hammered by GS ANYWAY, is probably not very appetizing for him. He already said that he never ever truly considered a team in the West back in 2014 when he joined Cleveland, so why would he subject himself to that later in his career just to lose to GS anyway?

Kawhi + LeBron + bums ain't beating GS (Spurs would literally have to gut their roster in trades to sign LeBron. Green + Gay + Aldridge can easily opt-in and ruin any minute chance of acquiring LeBron in free agency) anymore than Cleveland is with LeBron + Love + IT + whatever star the Brooklyn pick can acquire.

LA isn't gonna be able to put together a team to compete with GS, unless perhaps George and Westbrook join. However, GS is not only an enormous talent, but their chemistry/cohesiveness is through the roof. I'd bet money they beat that LA team handily. Then LeBron will have not only lost out on money in that scenario, but power as well. Magic won't give him the kind of power he'd have in Cleveland.

The reports/media have been 99% wrong all summer. I just don't see the logic in leaving tons of money at the table to join a team that could potentially only be a LITTLE better than the team you're already on (Brooklyn pick being traded being a factor into this).

So if Paul George is available at the deadline, do people really think LeBron would rather join a team in LA with LESS money, LESS power with Magic in charge, outside his hometown, to play with George and Westbrook over staying in his hometown area with MORE money, MORE power, to play with George (brooklyn pick traded to acquire), Love, IT, TT and JR (his buddies)?

Russell Westbrook hasn't signed an extension with OKC and can opt out. If OKC starts fearing he might leave to LA, that Brooklyn pick is a very enticing offer for a rebuilding piece.

My point is - there are MANY scenarios in how this whole thing can play out. To guarantee (not saying you've done this, Flash, but many others have) LeBron is gone/leaving Cleveland is just silly. Is there a good chance? Sure, I think so. As long as LeBron and Gilbert don't like each other then it's a possibility. It's just not guaranteed.
    Sounds like you're trying to find arguments for LeBron to stay rather than obvious reasons as to why he would leave.

1) Spurs are easily the better team. Kawhi is 10x better than any player on the Cavs and he would give LeBron the ability to not defend KD and dominate Draymond. Not to mention the fact that they have, you know, Popovich. Rudy Gay is not opting in and if he does, he's on a friendly contract. LaMarcus is leaving. Dude is unhappy there. Spurs are amazing at moving the ball - something LeBron could deeply use at this stage of his career as it would mean a wider lane for him to attack and or make distinctive passes.

2) Lakers are attractive in the sense that they have the cap and lifestyle that LeBron has been enamored with. I get it, they are still a young team and it will depend on how willing they are to let LeBron dictate some demands but if they have the cap space and others have already stated their interest for the Lakers, what makes you think LeBron wouldn't be interested? Lakers have a lot of flexibility, here. They can trade Lonzo if this thing goes bust.. trade Ingram if he hasn't developed the way they expected.. package Deng and Clarkson along with young talent to get rid of cap.. Lots of moves to be made.

3) My point is, Cavs aren't going to beat the Warriors in the future as it is with the current contracts in-place. LeBron got Cleveland that ring and he seems to be assured that Cleveland has appreciated him for doing that. I would be more surprised that he stays than leaves, assuming they don't win.

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    I think you're letting the fact that you're a Cavs fan blind you here a little bit, and that's definitely understandable. LeBron very well could build a super team in LA next year. They could clear up to 80M+ in cap space and LeBron, PG and Westbrook could sign 1+1 deals and sign 5 year max deals the next year. They could use he MLE on someone like Wade and maybe keep Lopez for the minimum if he wants to win. They will also have tons of vets flocking to that team for the minimum.

As LeBron Wade And to a lesser extent, PG and Westbrook get older, Lonzo Ingram Kuzma etc will also get older and closer to their primes so it will cancel out.
    Lol i def don't get blinded. I've also been very honest.

BTW- what you said isn't really building a team. I was speaking of Lebron and George going to a team with Ball, Ingram etc... Thats just stacking a team lol. I think thats hoping for 2 many cards to fall.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

I think they should trade the pick regardless at this point at the deadline.

If they get Cousins and LeBron walks but they retain their FAs:

IT/???
    JR/Korver
    Crowder/Green?
    Love/???
    Cousins/TT

Still pretty damn good.

Same if they got Whiteside.

If the Blazers or Wizards are struggling and looking to clear cap (Wizards may for Cousins):

Lillard/???
    JR/Korver
    Crowder/Green
    Love/???
    TT/???

IT/???
    McCollum/JR
    Crowder/Korver
    Love/???
    TT/???

IT/???
    Beal/JR
    Crowder/Korver
    Love/???
    TT/???

Although he's definitely no LeBron they got a solid piece in Crowder to slide in at SF if LeBron leaves. They should trade the pick for one of an all star C or SG imo.

Cleveland fans, how would you feel if they said "**** it were trading the pick for an all star, if LeBron wants to stay great but if not, well still have a pretty damn good team"?
    Last edited by WaDe03; 09-12-2017 at 01:57 PM.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Lol i def don't get blinded. I've also been very honest.

BTW- what you said isn't really building a team. I was speaking of Lebron and George going to a team with Ball, Ingram etc... Thats just stacking a team lol. I think thats hoping for 2 many cards to fall.
    Maybe but the thing is, they very well could clear up that cap room to do it. I feel these guys are hanging more than usual this summer.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Plenty of people did.

Lately, LeBron has been constantly saying that he has nothing left to prove. He's "maturing" so to speak and undoubtedly thinking more and more about his post-NBA career. Turning down a huge amount of money to ring-chase to a team in the West that would likely get hammered by GS ANYWAY, is probably not very appetizing for him. He already said that he never ever truly considered a team in the West back in 2014 when he joined Cleveland, so why would he subject himself to that later in his career just to lose to GS anyway?

Kawhi + LeBron + bums ain't beating GS (Spurs would literally have to gut their roster in trades to sign LeBron. Green + Gay + Aldridge can easily opt-in and ruin any minute chance of acquiring LeBron in free agency) anymore than Cleveland is with LeBron + Love + IT + whatever star the Brooklyn pick can acquire.

LA isn't gonna be able to put together a team to compete with GS, unless perhaps George and Westbrook join. However, GS is not only an enormous talent, but their chemistry/cohesiveness is through the roof. I'd bet money they beat that LA team handily. Then LeBron will have not only lost out on money in that scenario, but power as well. Magic won't give him the kind of power he'd have in Cleveland.

The reports/media have been 99% wrong all summer. I just don't see the logic in leaving tons of money at the table to join a team that could potentially only be a LITTLE better than the team you're already on (Brooklyn pick being traded being a factor into this).

So if Paul George is available at the deadline, do people really think LeBron would rather join a team in LA with LESS money, LESS power with Magic in charge, outside his hometown, to play with George and Westbrook over staying in his hometown area with MORE money, MORE power, to play with George (brooklyn pick traded to acquire), Love, IT, TT and JR (his buddies)?

Russell Westbrook hasn't signed an extension with OKC and can opt out. If OKC starts fearing he might leave to LA, that Brooklyn pick is a very enticing offer for a rebuilding piece.

My point is - there are MANY scenarios in how this whole thing can play out. To guarantee (not saying you've done this, Flash, but many others have) LeBron is gone/leaving Cleveland is just silly. Is there a good chance? Sure, I think so. As long as LeBron and Gilbert don't like each other then it's a possibility. It's just not guaranteed.
    this.

Just not many reasons for lebron to leave. I mean if all you got is he likes the LA lifestyle then thats pretty weak. Lebron can already do that.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

I think they should trade the pick regardless at this point at the deadline.

If they get Cousins and LeBron walks but they retain their FAs:

IT/???
    JR/Korver
    Crowder/Green?
    Love/???
    Cousins/TT

Still pretty damn good.

Same if they got Whiteside.

If the Blazers or Wizards are struggling and looking to clear cap (Wizards may for Cousins):

Lillard/???
    JR/Korver
    Crowder/Green
    Love/???
    TT/???

IT/???
    McCollum/JR
    Crowder/Korver
    Love/???
    TT/???

IT/???
    Beal/JR
    Crowder/Korver
    Love/???
    TT/???

Although he's definitely no LeBron they got a solid piece in Crowder to slide in at SF if LeBron leaves. They should trade the pick for one of an all star C or SG imo.

Cleveland fans, how would you feel if they said "**** it were trading the pick for an all star, if LeBron wants to stay great but if not, well still have a pretty damn good team"?
    All the Wizards would have to do is trade Mahinmi and a first then Gortat. They don't have to get rid of Beal

Wall
    Beal
    Porter
    Morris
    Cousins

PAPI SMASH!

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    this.

Just not many reasons for lebron to leave. I mean if all you got is he likes the LA lifestyle then thats pretty weak. Lebron can already do that.
    He can also build a better team and/or the banana boat team in LA. Thats why I think you guys have to trade the pick for an all star to make it even harder for him to leave. Have to bring Wade in post buyout as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Sounds like you're trying to find arguments for LeBron to stay rather than obvious reasons as to why he would leave.

1) Spurs are easily the better team. Kawhi is 10x better than any player on the Cavs and he would give LeBron the ability to not defend KD and dominate Draymond. Not to mention the fact that they have, you know, Popovich. Rudy Gay is not opting in and if he does, he's on a friendly contract. LaMarcus is leaving. Dude is unhappy there. Spurs are amazing at moving the ball - something LeBron could deeply use at this stage of his career as it would mean a wider lane for him to attack and or make distinctive passes.

2) Lakers are attractive in the sense that they have the cap and lifestyle that LeBron has been enamored with. I get it, they are still a young team and it will depend on how willing they are to let LeBron dictate some demands but if they have the cap space and others have already stated their interest for the Lakers, what makes you think LeBron wouldn't be interested? Lakers have a lot of flexibility, here. They can trade Lonzo if this thing goes bust.. trade Ingram if he hasn't developed the way they expected.. package Deng and Clarkson along with young talent to get rid of cap.. Lots of moves to be made.

3) My point is, Cavs aren't going to beat the Warriors in the future as it is with the current contracts in-place. LeBron got Cleveland that ring and he seems to be assured that Cleveland has appreciated him for doing that. I would be more surprised that he stays than leaves, assuming they don't win.
    I don't know, man. I'm just looking at the bigger picture. LeBron was noticeably more mellow and cool/collected in the 2017 finals loss than every other finals loss in his career. Word is that he feels he gave his all and his teammates feel that GS had to recruit KD to beat them. The deck was stacked against them - no shame in losing to such a team.

LeBron saw the writing on the wall even before the finals. He said he has nothing left to prove. He's not giving up, but he's acknowledging the fact that he's headed into the twilight of his career. If he doesn't get anymore rings - oh well. He showed that it takes an Olympic-like team to take him down, so why be down about it? His heart is in NE Ohio, and so I wouldn't be shocked if the rumors of him wanting his son to go to St. Vincent St. Mary high school are true. If LeBron James Jr goes to SVSM, then no way LeBron will be living in LA while his son is living in Cleveland. His son favors the Cavs over other teams (creates his own player in NBA2k and has him play with the Cavs).

To quote a cupcake:

"I got him staying in Cleveland,

Durant continued that hes told LeBron as much.

I, personally, always said he was staying, Durant said. I told him this. Ask me, I think hes gonna end it in Cleveland. Thats his crib now. He runs it. And Im sure hes going to turn that into something mega when hes done. Hes gonna do something in Cleveland.

Additionally, Durant sees the Nets pick the Cavs just acquired as a potential clue. He says that if the Cavs trade the pick, its a sign Cleveland has received a commitment from James.

If they trade the pick, they know hes staying, he said.
    It's not as cut-and-dry as people want it to be, ESPECIALLY if the Cavs are in fact willing to deal the Brooklyn pick for an all-star to keep the Cavs atop the East and challenging Golden State.

BELIEVELAND WE CHAMPS!!! 2016!!!

As long as it's someone good then I'd probably be okay with it. Don't trade it for Marc Gasol or Carmelo Anthony or Paul Millsap (all-stars).

DeMarcus Cousins is interesting, but I'm hesitant on him mainly because he's on a contract year. The worst case scenario as a fan of the team is scary bad:

DMC walks
    LeBron walks
    IT walks
    Brooklyn pick is gone
    Kyrie is gone

That would be 5 HUGE PIECES gone within one year. That would be catastrophic and extremely poor management - certainly the GM would be worth firing for that.

At least if we kept the Brooklyn pick, we'd have a shot at some top-end talent in the draft. Porter and Bagley look like they could end up as franchise players.

Now, I would definitely think about trading for Cousins if he (or LeBron, but that probably ain't happening) agrees to an extension. Paul George can agree to opt in on the final year of his contract if he is traded to the Cavs, etc... there would have to be SOME kind of assurance of having the asset last for more than a half-year rental, even if a formal extension is not actually made.

That's my take on it - at the end of the day, I won't be mad if we traded it for Cousins. We'd see how the year play out and go from there and hopefully re-sign our major pieces.
    Last edited by Vee-Rex; 09-12-2017 at 02:56 PM.

BELIEVELAND WE CHAMPS!!! 2016!!!

Without having to trade a 1st; thoughts about Cousins, Hill, Moore to Wizards for Beal, Gortat, and Obrue?

WAS: Cousins/Morris/Porter/Bogs/Wall
    B: Smith, Hill, Moore, Satorsky, Frazier

NO: Gortat/Davis/Obrue/Beal/Holiday
    B: Asik, Diallo, Miller, Jackson,Rondo

I don't know, man. I'm just looking at the bigger picture. LeBron was noticeably more mellow and cool/collected in the 2017 finals loss than every other finals loss in his career. Word is that he feels he gave his all and his teammates feel that GS had to recruit KD to beat them. The deck was stacked against them - no shame in losing to such a team.

LeBron saw the writing on the wall even before the finals. He said he has nothing left to prove. He's not giving up, but he's acknowledging the fact that he's headed into the twilight of his career. If he doesn't get anymore rings - oh well. He showed that it takes an Olympic-like team to take him down, so why be down about it? His heart is in NE Ohio, and so I wouldn't be shocked if the rumors of him wanting his son to go to St. Vincent St. Mary high school are true. If LeBron James Jr goes to SVSM, then no way LeBron will be living in LA while his son is living in Cleveland. His son favors the Cavs over other teams (creates his own player in NBA2k and has him play with the Cavs).

To quote a cupcake:

It's not as cut-and-dry as people want it to be, ESPECIALLY if the Cavs are in fact willing to deal the Brooklyn pick for an all-star to keep the Cavs atop the East and challenging Golden State.
    Meh, I'm not going to focus on the miniscule objectives such as his son playing as a Cleveland Cavailers in NBA 2k or where is heart is.. I think he's past that. If you're a Cleveland Cavs fan or Ohio resident and hate on LeBron for leaving again, you are just unreasonable. I get the sense that most Cleveland fans are going to respect his decision and want to see LeBron achieve greatness wherever he goes.

As for KD's quote, it honestly proves my point. Cavs are hesistant in making a trade with the pick presicely because they don't have a high confidence that LeBron resigns. The only reason they even asked and looked for a pick was because of LeBron's uncertainty. If LeBron truly wanted to stay with the Cavs beyond this season, he would tell the Cavs management to make some moves with the pick and if they can get someone who he believes will help them win for future years, that he would resign. I don't think that happens but if it does, then that is assurance LeBron would actually stay.. when he tells them he will.

Quote Originally Posted by JOSKOMANG4 View Post
    Without having to trade a 1st; thoughts about Cousins, Hill, Moore to Wizards for Beal, Gortat, and Obrue?

WAS: Cousins/Morris/Porter/Bogs/Wall
    B: Smith, Hill, Moore, Satorsky, Frazier

NO: Gortat/Davis/Obrue/Beal/Holiday
    B: Asik, Diallo, Miller, Jackson,Rondo
    We arn't trading Beal! I keep on hearing this idea because we need to trim space. All we have to do is trade Mahinmi and a 1st then trade Gortat. Someone will take that 1st.

PAPI SMASH!

To quote a cupcake:

Yes. Lebron runs things in Cleveland and there is a huge level of fan loyalty for him there. And he's not all kissy kissy Jerry Jones with Gilbert but they have proven they can work together and probably that's more comfortable. As opposed to say having to deal with Jeannie Buss over the top gushing and waving to Lebron from the stands during games, and Magic Johnson trying to be all involved and wrestle for personnel control, and Kobe thru Pelinka always lurking like the phantom menace.

I mean the problem with the blank slate theory of "LA has cap and lifestyle" is really that Magic is there, sucking the air out of every conversation. Whereas in reality Lebron has become much bigger than Magic and ultimately a much greater and more complete NBA legend and spokesman than Magic, even than Jordan really because Jordan had the baseball and the gambling wild debauchery rumours for years and years.

Lebron is totally clean and is a magnificent ambassador for the game. I could even envision Lebron getting a law degree and running for president some day, like 2024, with Taylor Swift as his running mate, and winning.

Listened to First Take yesterday, new Clippers consultant Jerry West was on. Nothing said, but obviously it seems like the Clippers would be a better draw than the Lakers right now, because they got Ballmer and West while the Lakers feel to claustrophobic with all their layers of nepotism and weird close-knit family inside politics.

But yeah Cleveland has to be a huge favorite. And if Lebron is intent on doing something different that is big and legendary, it wouldnt be joining a bought team in LA, it would be ressurrecting the Knicks

Of course if Lavarr Ballz speaks it into existence that changes things

Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    All the Wizards would have to do is trade Mahinmi and a first then Gortat. They don't have to get rid of Beal

Wall
    Beal
    Porter
    Morris
    Cousins
    Why aren't Deng and Ryan Anderson being dumped using 1st if it's that easy? Both better players.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast