Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    The biggest thing with LeBron is he's gonna go where he gets say in what happens.

I personally doubt that Magic and Palinka give him that.
    That's another huge reason why Lebron would never go to LA.

Because the great Magic would be trying to catapult off of Lebron, everyday saying "see we wanted him we went out and got him" etc etc and would just be insufferable with his nonstop blah blah blah and taking credit and making decisions and roster moves and telling Lebron what to do and then ultimately criticizing Lebron and saying "listen Lebron is a really tremendous player, but if he wants to be even greater he has to [x y z]."

I mean why the **** would Lebron, the King of the Eastern Conference, leave all that to be in Magic's stupid arrogant fat shadow, on the Lakers, who are currently a lottery team the past 3 years? The more I think about this the more ludicrous it becomes. Oh and overrated Paul George who got run out of the East with no titles or Finals or anything is supposed to be the big draw for Lebron to LA? Or LoL Lonzo who will play with such unselfish exuberance that of course Lebron will want to be there in LA. Oh and I heard Lebron's wife thinks LA is a really neat place. LoL it's stupid on its face.

Face it, by owning the East Lebron gets a shot at the title every year, which is his best/only chance to get #4 and also builds his case to be the Nike GOAT going forward, which = incredibly huge global money.

Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    That's another huge reason why Lebron would never go to LA.

Because the great Magic would be trying to catapult off of Lebron, everyday saying "see we wanted him we went out and got him" etc etc and would just be insufferable with his nonstop blah blah blah and taking credit and making decisions and roster moves and telling Lebron what to do and then ultimately criticizing Lebron and saying "listen Lebron is a really tremendous player, but if he wants to be even greater he has to [x y z]."

I mean why the **** would Lebron, the King of the Eastern Conference, leave all that to be in Magic's stupid arrogant fat shadow, on the Lakers, who are currently a lottery team the past 3 years? The more I think about this the more ludicrous it becomes. Oh and overrated Paul George who got run out of the East with no titles or Finals or anything is supposed to be the big draw for Lebron to LA? Or LoL Lonzo who will play with such unselfish exuberance that of course Lebron will want to be there in LA. Oh and I heard Lebron's wife thinks LA is a really neat place. LoL it's stupid on its face.

Face it, by owning the East Lebron gets a shot at the title every year, which is his best/only chance to get #4 and also builds his case to be the Nike GOAT going forward, which = incredibly huge global money.
    Yeah he gets a shot at the title but what is the point of staying if you lose in 4-5 games. If Cleveland loses in 4-5 games then he is probably gone. And the teams you proposed in the East are not happening.

PAPI SMASH!

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Remember all the LeBron-to-New York rumors in 2010? Because he loves New York so much?

In fact, there was a TON of smoke and rumors and reports around LeBron leaving the Cavs in 2016, after winning the title.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/05/23/...-championship/

https://nesn.com/2016/06/is-lebron-j...finals-he-can/

https://www.gq.com/story/lebron-jame...veland-dummies

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2da74fedf029

http://www.complex.com/sports/2016/0...iers-nba-title

All those are reports saying that LeBron was likely/gonna leave Cleveland after winning the 2016 championship. Instead he signed a 2+1 deal. And guess what? Numerous posters on these forums were salivating at those reports and exclaiming he was gone. Where are they now? Making the exact same statements every time LeBron is on a contract year.

Believe what you wanna believe, but at this point you guys (general) are all prisoners of the media. You (general) take ANY report, even if it's from a 12 year old living in Africa no matter how illogical, irrational, and incredulous it may seem. As long as it's full of potential drama, you AUTO-believe it like you're some sort of robot incapable of rational thought and is programmed solely off media reports.

I'm fine acknowledging that he might leave, but NO WAY is it guaranteed or already a foregone conclusion like the dramatic people would have you believe.
    Let's be honest, there are always rumors about LeBron or any superstar player during the offseason. The thing is, with LeBron, you can almost tell he's planning a leave. He did leave in 2010 and I don't know who took his 2016 call to leave seriously but he just won a championship.. I doubt he would have left unless he won them a ring, too. He won them a ring, resigned because he liked his chances vs the Warriors until KD arrived, and he's getting to the point where the Cavs squad is not capable of beating the Warriors any time soon. The guy has a reason to leave and go to the Spurs/Lakers - where if he joined the Spurs, they are already better than the Cavs and if he joined the Lakers and they get PG and another star, it's better than the Cavs, too. I think there is a positive amount of evidence that he will most likely leave.

Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    Yeah he gets a shot at the title but what is the point of staying if you lose in 4-5 games. If Cleveland loses in 4-5 games then he is probably gone. And the teams you proposed in the East are not happening.
    That logic doesnt make any sense.

Let's not undervalue the prestige of winning the Eastern Conference. Winning the East, especially so many years in a row, is a big deal. And very prestigious.

Lebron is the most famous basketball player in the world. And winning and having great seasons and representing the East year after year is an entertainment and ratings bonanza, and basketball at a very high level. Oh yeah and he wins a title every two or three years. It's the perfect situation.

Could Lebron build or join another super team somewhere? Sure. But its much better if it's in the East because then you can play on the big stage. And not face HOU, SA, OKC and GSW before even getting there. And again why join LA when you'd have to work through or work around Magic and Pelinka, two hyped up and hollywooding inexperienced execs with lots of strong opinions and a losing lottery team.

Theres just no way you can say "what's the point if you lose in the Finals... therefore Lebron will go to LA."

Just no way. Lebron isnt on a farewell tour, he is playing for rings. Literally he is playing for rings every year. Cant win one if youre not in the arena at Finals time.

Honestly I think Magic and the Lakers will have their hands full trying to develop Lonzo and dealing with all the Lavarr Ballz drama and reality TV shows etc.

I dont think they should worry too much about landing Lebron and building a super team honestly. Just try to land ONE mid-tier star first, a Paul George lets say, and then lets talk.

Honestly it would be a more compelling storyline if Dangelo, Ingram and Ball as well as Randle might all possibly turn into young stars on a hot team. But now Dangelos gone, and theyre talking salary dumping Randle. That leaves a total rookie Lonzo and an Ingram who hasnt shown much consistent accuracy from deep. MCP and Lopez are either max players or gone. Deng wil be MUCH harder to trade than Mosgov, who had real value. I could go on.

Lakers are exactly the kind of team thst Lebron would never consider

That logic doesnt make any sense.

Let's not undervalue the prestige of winning the Eastern Conference. Winning the East, especially so many years in a row, is a big deal. And very prestigious.

Lebron is the most famous basketball player in the world. And winning and having great seasons and representing the East year after year is an entertainment and ratings bonanza, and basketball at a very high level. Oh yeah and he wins a title every two or three years. It's the perfect situation.

Could Lebron build or join another super team somewhere? Sure. But its much better if it's in the East because then you can play on the big stage. And not face HOU, SA, OKC and GSW before even getting there. And again why join LA when you'd have to work through or work around Magic and Pelinka, two hyped up and hollywooding inexperienced execs with lots of strong opinions and a losing lottery team.

Theres just no way you can say "what's the point if you lose in the Finals... therefore Lebron will go to LA."

Just no way. Lebron isnt on a farewell tour, he is playing for rings. Literally he is playing for rings every year. Cant win one if youre not in the arena at Finals time.
    Winning the East is a big deal. But losing in the finals in at least 6 2 out of 3 times is bad. If it happens again, i think he is gone. I know its a different team but Cleveland only has one chance. If they can't prove that they can play with GS, then i think he goes out West.

PAPI SMASH!

Honestly I think Magic and the Lakers will have their hands full trying to develop Lonzo and dealing with all the Lavarr Ballz drama and reality TV shows etc.

I dont think they should worry too much about landing Lebron and building a super team honestly. Just try to land ONE mid-tier star first, a Paul George lets say, and then lets talk.

Honestly it would be a more compelling storyline if Dangelo, Ingram and Ball as well as Randle might all possibly turn into young stars on a hot team. But now Dangelos gone, and theyre talking salary dumping Randle. That leaves a total rookie Lonzo and an Ingram who hasnt shown much consistent accuracy from deep. MCP and Lopez are either max players or gone. Deng wil be MUCH harder to trade than Mosgov, who had real value. I could go on.

Lakers are exactly the kind of team thst Lebron would never consider
    I think he is considering LA. If Lebron decides he wants to leave Cleveland he doesn't have too many choices. This ain't 2010.
    Last edited by j-bay; 09-11-2017 at 11:43 PM.

PAPI SMASH!

Winning the East is a big deal. But losing in the finals in at least 6 2 out of 3 times is bad. If it happens again, i think he is gone. I know its a different team but Cleveland only has one chance. If they can't prove that they can play with GS, then i think he goes out West.
    Dude, think of it like playing in the Final Four, or the National Title Game. It's a big deal and if you're in the game that's a big deal. Youre at the highest level of basketball, youre part of the show, and if things go your way you could win a 4th title. Also you've extended this historic domination.

Or you could join the Lakers and get slapped around in 5 games by GSW or San Antonio.

I mean if Lonzo is great or has great trade value, if Ingram is great, if Randle becomes another Barkley or Zach all of a sudden, Nance is the real deal, then yoh get Lebron, CP3 and Westbrooke on team friendly deals, and then Magic steps aside and gives Lebron/Nike full signoff power in writing... ok well then you could possibly have an epic WCF like GSW v OKC was. And with the refs maybe Lebron could possibly win.

OR he could stay in Cleveland, add Cousins and a big point guard with defense, and go after GSW again next year in the Finals.

I mean Lebron to LA would be super weird and unusual but not totally impossible that's why I give it a ~1% chance. So once in every 100 Lebron free agencies he chooses LA to play under Magic

LeBron is what 33 years old lol. he cant keep building franchises. If he truly wants to win again the Lakers are out sorry. Thats just a fact.

Lets not forget he would be taking a huge pay-cut leaving Cleveland. He's complained about doing that in Miami.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    LeBron is what 33 years old lol. he cant keep building franchises. If he truly wants to win again the Lakers are out sorry. Thats just a fact.

Lets not forget he would be taking a huge pay-cut leaving Cleveland. He's complained about doing that in Miami.
    He can't keep on building franchises but he can't keep on staying on the same franchise getting the same result.

PAPI SMASH!

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post

I think you're letting the fact that you're a Cavs fan blind you here a little bit, and that's definitely understandable. LeBron very well could build a super team in LA next year. They could clear up to 80M+ in cap space and LeBron, PG and Westbrook could sign 1+1 deals and sign 5 year max deals the next year. They could use he MLE on someone like Wade and maybe keep Lopez for the minimum if he wants to win. They will also have tons of vets flocking to that team for the minimum.

As LeBron Wade And to a lesser extent, PG and Westbrook get older, Lonzo Ingram Kuzma etc will also get older and closer to their primes so it will cancel out.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

I think Lebron will go where he has the best shot to win a title. CLE put themselves in great position to do that with the Kyrie trade but it's dependent on 1) IT's health and 2) what they can trade the BRK pick for.

If IT is healthy and they move the BRK pick for another all-star they turned one all-star into 2 (granted, IT isn't quite as good as Kyrie but it's still 1 all-star for 2). They closed the gap in that scenario and I can't see anyone getting closer. But if the BRK pick doesn't yield a superstar ready to win now and/or IT never regains full form then they just swapped an all-star out for another one or even worse for no all-stars. In that case they kept the same gap to where Lebron might want a change or they even widened the gap. (And PLEASE, don't talk to me about role players like Crowder or Rose - those are not pieces that close a gap with a juggernaut like GS that also upgraded their ancillary parts.)

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    I think you're letting the fact that you're a Cavs fan blind you here a little bit, and that's definitely understandable. LeBron very well could build a super team in LA next year. They could clear up to 80M+ in cap space and LeBron, PG and Westbrook could sign 1+1 deals and sign 5 year max deals the next year. They could use he MLE on someone like Wade and maybe keep Lopez for the minimum if he wants to win. They will also have tons of vets flocking to that team for the minimum.

As LeBron Wade And to a lesser extent, PG and Westbrook get older, Lonzo Ingram Kuzma etc will also get older and closer to their primes so it will cancel out.
    Doubt Westbrook comes. If its the Lakers its Paul George, Wade, and Lonzo. Now they might have to get another superstar via 2019 FA. Its not the best situation but he has very little options. All his options are west. The way its looking right now he has mentaly left Cleveland and there has to be a very good championship series for him to stay.

PAPI SMASH!

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Let's be honest, there are always rumors about LeBron or any superstar player during the offseason. The thing is, with LeBron, you can almost tell he's planning a leave. He did leave in 2010 and I don't know who took his 2016 call to leave seriously but he just won a championship.. I doubt he would have left unless he won them a ring, too. He won them a ring, resigned because he liked his chances vs the Warriors until KD arrived, and he's getting to the point where the Cavs squad is not capable of beating the Warriors any time soon. The guy has a reason to leave and go to the Spurs/Lakers - where if he joined the Spurs, they are already better than the Cavs and if he joined the Lakers and they get PG and another star, it's better than the Cavs, too. I think there is a positive amount of evidence that he will most likely leave.
    Plenty of people did.

Lately, LeBron has been constantly saying that he has nothing left to prove. He's "maturing" so to speak and undoubtedly thinking more and more about his post-NBA career. Turning down a huge amount of money to ring-chase to a team in the West that would likely get hammered by GS ANYWAY, is probably not very appetizing for him. He already said that he never ever truly considered a team in the West back in 2014 when he joined Cleveland, so why would he subject himself to that later in his career just to lose to GS anyway?

Kawhi + LeBron + bums ain't beating GS (Spurs would literally have to gut their roster in trades to sign LeBron. Green + Gay + Aldridge can easily opt-in and ruin any minute chance of acquiring LeBron in free agency) anymore than Cleveland is with LeBron + Love + IT + whatever star the Brooklyn pick can acquire.

LA isn't gonna be able to put together a team to compete with GS, unless perhaps George and Westbrook join. However, GS is not only an enormous talent, but their chemistry/cohesiveness is through the roof. I'd bet money they beat that LA team handily. Then LeBron will have not only lost out on money in that scenario, but power as well. Magic won't give him the kind of power he'd have in Cleveland.

The reports/media have been 99% wrong all summer. I just don't see the logic in leaving tons of money at the table to join a team that could potentially only be a LITTLE better than the team you're already on (Brooklyn pick being traded being a factor into this).

So if Paul George is available at the deadline, do people really think LeBron would rather join a team in LA with LESS money, LESS power with Magic in charge, outside his hometown, to play with George and Westbrook over staying in his hometown area with MORE money, MORE power, to play with George (brooklyn pick traded to acquire), Love, IT, TT and JR (his buddies)?

Russell Westbrook hasn't signed an extension with OKC and can opt out. If OKC starts fearing he might leave to LA, that Brooklyn pick is a very enticing offer for a rebuilding piece.

My point is - there are MANY scenarios in how this whole thing can play out. To guarantee (not saying you've done this, Flash, but many others have) LeBron is gone/leaving Cleveland is just silly. Is there a good chance? Sure, I think so. As long as LeBron and Gilbert don't like each other then it's a possibility. It's just not guaranteed.

BELIEVELAND WE CHAMPS!!! 2016!!!

Doubt Westbrook comes. If its the Lakers its Paul George, Wade, and Lonzo. Now they might have to get another superstar via 2019 FA. Its not the best situation but he has very little options. All his options are west. The way its looking right now he has mentaly left Cleveland and there has to be a very good championship series for him to stay.
    You never know but if I were OKC I'd be trying to clear cap space to make my own run at LeBron.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast