Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    Yeah but gone where?

Cleveland could be as good as any place for Lebron to make a stand. And if they throw a good squad together around him this season he would at least in all likelihood stick around one more season to try to take another whack at it and win that 4th ring.

I mean first of all... there is no way Lebron is leaving the Eastern Conference. So let's just dispense with all those theories right here right now once and for all.

Stories about Lebron leaving for a Western Conference team are an essential diversification of the daily story/narrative generating sports journalism industry, and they can be amusing speculation, and get fans riled up on either side, but for those in-the-know PSD readers and posters let's just *wink wink* and alright we all ****ing know there is no way in ****ing **** that Lebron is leaving the Eastern Conference.

I mean would you bet $100 that Lebron is leaving the Eastern Conference? Ok because I don't think that Nike and the NBA and all its collective sponsors are gonna be on board with just flushing $200M in revenue this year and the 20 year gravy train of GOAT advertising etc that will be perpetuated with Lebron continuing to arrive in the Finals every year for the next 3 years minimum.

So ok we know Lebron is staying in the East. That puts Miami, NY, and possibly Brooklyn...? on the list of possibilities. The only possible place is NY really. Miami situation was kind of tense after Lebron left. Riley didn't write a "letter" but you can imagine it was tense and you don't want to go back and work for any angry hyper motivational Riley with an axe to grind when you already own Cleveland. So let's forget about Miami.

New York, if they can clear the decks... New York would be the epic. You hear the grumblings about Dolan, but honestly it seems like Dolan can write the checks and step out of the way for 2-3 years at a time. He gave Isaiah a ton of runway, he gave Phil Jackson a lot of runway, etc. Paid them a lot, and didn't hear a peep from him until the situations just got so ridiculously bad that he just stepped in and mercy-fired them before the media burned down MSG.

There is a ton of big hedge fund money there obviously, big ticket, big venue, big legend. You hand Lebron the keys and next year New York is in the Finals and The Legend is even greater.

Summary of analysis:

60% probability that Lebron stays in Cleveland
    40% probability that Lebron goes to New York Knicks
    ~ <less than> 1% probability he does something weird like go to the Lakers, Nets or Spurs

This is based on the information I have. For all I know Lebron may already be 100% to stay in Cleveland or 100% to go to New York. But if I had to bet on it, I'd say it's 60:40 Cleveland/New York

So yeah, whether Lebron is staying in Cleveland or not they should almost definitely trade the pick, at least from Lebron's point of view. And you gotta cash in now and make a run at the Finals. This could be one of Lebron's best years. Believe me if Lebron leaves you will have lots of lottery picks every year, possibly for decades. Deal the pick, put a squad out there, boom. No other choice
    Well there is the reports Lebron' wife wants to go to LA. And yes while the East is weak the Cavs have not done well against GS. Yes they have won but they almost loss in 5 games. Yes its an easy path in the East but what is the point in staying if you go down in 4-5 games. This is the last chance to show to Lebron what Cleveland can do. He isn't going back to Miami. And he sure is not going to a mess like NY or Brooklyn. The Lakers seem very likely at this point. I would say a 75 percent chance at this point.

PAPI SMASH!

Since 2009 how many times have we seen reports about Lebron leaving his team, and those reports turn out to be true.

PAPI SMASH!

Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    Since 2009 how many times have we seen reports about Lebron leaving his team, and those reports turn out to be true.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    I doubt anyone wants Mahimi for a bad 1st rounder and I can't think of any team that could use Gortat.
    If I ran the Pacers, I'd do that. They're not doing anything the next two years anyway, get a 1st out of it and trade Mahimni when he's expiring.

Well there is the reports Lebron' wife wants to go to LA. And yes while the East is weak the Cavs have not done well against GS. Yes they have won but they almost loss in 5 games. Yes its an easy path in the East but what is the point in staying if you go down in 4-5 games. This is the last chance to show to Lebron what Cleveland can do. He isn't going back to Miami. And he sure is not going to a mess like NY or Brooklyn. The Lakers seem very likely at this point. I would say a 75 percent chance at this point.
    Look I'm a long time Laker fan... and to me the idea of Lebron going to Los Angeles seems wildly unrealistic and unlikely. It just does. For several reasons, not to mention the fact that Lebron would have to drop everything, his championship flow, the state of Ohio, his current squad, not to mention the NBA cash train of ratings because Lebron is in the Finals every year, and oh yeah they actually won the title last year too. AND they could be greatly improved because A. Kevin Love has been totally underwhelming and B. there is a market for Kevin Love and they also have the Brooklyn pick.

Losing Kyrie for I.T. is a huge downgrade and Kyrie was an essential ingredient... but there are ways to improve that squad even in the post-Kyrie era now

I don't see the appeal for LeBron to go to Lakers unless two other stars going with him. If Westbrook stays with Thunder for super max. Then PG13 may change his mind and stay. I think CP3 stays with Harden. Randle be RFA so Lakers would need to renounce him. Lakers haven't salary dumped Clarkson yet. Also Deng be hard to dump. Also a healthy IT following season besides whatever happens with the Nets pick.

LeBron be better off to stay. Also they got Crowder. Even if Melo opted out next summer and Wade and him follows LeBron to the Lakers. Doubt they win much. Probably wouldn't get past first round of playoffs. Lakers should of just traded for George this summer and had him out right. Now there's a chance Westbrook changes PG13's mind the next 82 games.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    I don't see the appeal for LeBron to go to Lakers unless two other stars going with him. If Westbrook stays with Thunder for super max. Then PG13 may change his mind and stay. I think CP3 stays with Harden. Randle be RFA so Lakers would need to renounce him. Lakers haven't salary dumped Clarkson yet. Also Deng be hard to dump. Also a healthy IT following season besides whatever happens with the Nets pick.

LeBron be better off to stay. Also they got Crowder. Even if Melo opted out next summer and Wade and him follows LeBron to the Lakers. Doubt they win much. Probably wouldn't get past first round of playoffs. Lakers should of just traded for George this summer and had him out right. Now there's a chance Westbrook changes PG13's mind the next 82 games.
    The biggest thing with LeBron is he's gonna go where he gets say in what happens.

I personally doubt that Magic and Palinka give him that.

PROCESSING

Cavs and spurs lol are the only teams i could honestly see him going to. The Lakers just make zero sense. Still waiting for a real reason to join the Lakers.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Cavs and spurs lol are the only teams i could honestly see him going to. The Lakers just make zero sense. Still waiting for a real reason to join the Lakers.
    Because he and his wife love LA. There ain't a whole lot of choices for Lebron. And i hear the excuse of the Lakers need 2 stars, it might be just Paul George. I said Lakers because it does seem to be the most likely place. We have seen too many reports saying Lebron is gone. We have seen this TWICE before guys. There is just too much smoke for there not to be a fire.

PAPI SMASH!

Because he and his wife love LA. There ain't a whole lot of choices for Lebron. And i hear the excuse of the Lakers need 2 stars, it might be just Paul George. I said Lakers because it does seem to be the most likely place. We have seen too many reports saying Lebron is gone. We have seen this TWICE before guys. There is just too much smoke for there not to be a fire.
    Lebron does love LA thats why he has a home there. nice thing about being nasty rich lol. Loving a city does not mean you gotta play there. Thats not a reason. Lebron loves the attention. He may very well go there but I don't believe anyone knows. So all the reports you hear are straight trash.

Lebron has a system that is stupid. He likes to tell the front office "improve the team or im gone" which actually hurts the team from improving. because most FA's or players coming trough in a possible trade want a commitment from lebron which of course he will never do no matter what team he plays for.

They will need much more then Paul George.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Remember all the LeBron-to-New York rumors in 2010? Because he loves New York so much?

In fact, there was a TON of smoke and rumors and reports around LeBron leaving the Cavs in 2016, after winning the title.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/05/23/...-championship/

https://nesn.com/2016/06/is-lebron-j...finals-he-can/

https://www.gq.com/story/lebron-jame...veland-dummies

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2da74fedf029

http://www.complex.com/sports/2016/0...iers-nba-title

All those are reports saying that LeBron was likely/gonna leave Cleveland after winning the 2016 championship. Instead he signed a 2+1 deal. And guess what? Numerous posters on these forums were salivating at those reports and exclaiming he was gone. Where are they now? Making the exact same statements every time LeBron is on a contract year.

Believe what you wanna believe, but at this point you guys (general) are all prisoners of the media. You (general) take ANY report, even if it's from a 12 year old living in Africa no matter how illogical, irrational, and incredulous it may seem. As long as it's full of potential drama, you AUTO-believe it like you're some sort of robot incapable of rational thought and is programmed solely off media reports.

I'm fine acknowledging that he might leave, but NO WAY is it guaranteed or already a foregone conclusion like the dramatic people would have you believe.

BELIEVELAND WE CHAMPS!!! 2016!!!

Not all. Following the 2016 finals there were reports (Stephen A Smith fueled some of them) that he was leaving after "fulfilling his promise" to Cleveland.

BELIEVELAND WE CHAMPS!!! 2016!!!

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Lebron does love LA thats why he has a home there. nice thing about being nasty rich lol. Loving a city does not mean you gotta play there. Thats not a reason. Lebron loves the attention. He may very well go there but I don't believe anyone knows. So all the reports you hear are straight trash.

Lebron has a system that is stupid. He likes to tell the front office "improve the team or im gone" which actually hurts the team from improving. because most FA's or players coming trough in a possible trade want a commitment from lebron which of course he will never do no matter what team he plays for.

They will need much more then Paul George.
    Paul George might be the only choice he has if he wants to leave. As to the comnent "The reports are straight up trash", those same reports have been right before. All Lebron has to say is "I want to stay in Cleveland". It doesn't mean he will but thats all he has to say. Based on him being quiet and the reports he has mentaly left Cleveland. If Cleveland is hoing to have any shot keeping Lebron it would have to go to game 6 and be a close game. A game 6 blowout or any thing below that and Lebron is gone. And I keep on hearing "Well he needs two superstars to join" there arn't a lot of options. And the options he has are all west. 2 names to cross out
    OKC-Can't see it
    SA-A lot of people talking about this, but again can't see it

Now 3 likely locations
    Houston-Chris Paul is there now. Morey is known to be aggressive on FAs. A team of James, Harden, and Paul would be good
    Clippers-I know they are cap loaded right now but you guys are saying Lebron needs two stars well here we go. Lebron could convince Paul George to go to LA team B. Lebron, George, and Griffin. Maybe Jordan but i doubt it.
    Lakers-Yep here we go. "But Lebron needs more than 2 stars". Well he might have to deal with one, unless Lonzo becomes an issue. The pool in next years FA class is strong with C,SF, and PGs. But its weak with SG and PFs.

PAPI SMASH!

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Remember all the LeBron-to-New York rumors in 2010? Because he loves New York so much?

In fact, there was a TON of smoke and rumors and reports around LeBron leaving the Cavs in 2016, after winning the title.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/05/23/...-championship/

https://nesn.com/2016/06/is-lebron-j...finals-he-can/

https://www.gq.com/story/lebron-jame...veland-dummies

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2da74fedf029

http://www.complex.com/sports/2016/0...iers-nba-title

All those are reports saying that LeBron was likely/gonna leave Cleveland after winning the 2016 championship. Instead he signed a 2+1 deal. And guess what? Numerous posters on these forums were salivating at those reports and exclaiming he was gone. Where are they now? Making the exact same statements every time LeBron is on a contract year.

Believe what you wanna believe, but at this point you guys (general) are all prisoners of the media. You (general) take ANY report, even if it's from a 12 year old living in Africa no matter how illogical, irrational, and incredulous it may seem. As long as it's full of potential drama, you AUTO-believe it like you're some sort of robot incapable of rational thought and is programmed solely off media reports.

I'm fine acknowledging that he might leave, but NO WAY is it guaranteed or already a foregone conclusion like the dramatic people would have you believe.
    I believed Lebron was going to stay in 2016. But there are just too many red flags. If i was Lebron i would have come out and say "This is my team and we are winning another championship".

PAPI SMASH!

If anything Thunder should be trying to create cap by dumping Adams and Kanter for a third star.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast