Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Cavs said today they're going to see what's available for the Nets pick. Can probably get more value at the deadline.
    That depends on how bad the Nets are doing by that time. If they are doing real poor, that pick's value goes up exponentially. If Nets are hanging in there, teams might see that pick as one that won't be a top 5. I've always said to trade Love but he's on such a good contract that they probably see too much value in him still.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    That depends on how bad the Nets are doing by that time. If they are doing real poor, that pick's value goes up exponentially. If Nets are hanging in there, teams might see that pick as one that won't be a top 5. I've always said to trade Love but he's on such a good contract that they probably see too much value in him still.
    I think they need to do whatever they can to keep Love. They have to stack as much talent on that team as possible.

I think the Nets are going to be terrible and they lost the only thing resembling anything of an all star play in Brook so I think they may be even worse.

If they're bottom 3 and the Pelicans aren't in good position for the playoffs I think that pick Shumpert and Frye gets you Cousins. If the Heat are on the outside looking in that pick and filler may get you Whiteside. There could be a lot of options out there because I think there will be some surprising teams that just fall flat and suck this year and I think that Nets pick will be high.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

If the Cavs can get Cousins or Whiteside for the Nets pick and filler and sign Wade after his buyout do they beat the Warriors with the following team?

IT/Rose
    Wade/JR
    LeBron/Korver
    Love/Crowder
    Cousins/TT

Either Rose or Korver playing spot minutes with Crowder getting majority of those minutes.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    If the Cavs can get Cousins or Whiteside for the Nets pick and filler and sign Wade after his buyout do they beat the Warriors with the following team?

IT/Rose
    Wade/JR
    LeBron/Korver
    Love/Crowder
    Cousins/TT

Either Rose or Korver playing spot minutes with Crowder getting majority of those minutes.
    It could work out just as you mentioned if that Brooklyn pick's value goes up and the Pelicans are looking bad/having issues. They already want Shumpert pretty badly - they'd cough up Cousins for Shump + Frye + Brk pick.

That's a helluva team. I think they got a shot at beating the Warriors and could probably push it to 7. The combinations they could do with that team would be nasty.

The only problem is I don't think the Cavs trade for Cousins unless he agrees to an extension. If he does, and he and LeBron get along, I think our chances of signing LeBron increases big time. Hard to leave a team that would own the East and have a guaranteed finals appearance for the next 3 years (and maybe winning 1 more ship too).

We could re-sign LeBron and Cousins for 2018-19 and beyond and still be at around the same amount (give or take some min contracts) of money we're at right now (140 million). But the tricky part is re-signing Thomas. We'd be at nearly 170'ish million and would most likely have to decide between letting him go or trading Love, since I doubt Gilbert would want to spend that kind of luxury tax. Unless we move JR and/or TT (both whom are LeBron's best buddies on the Cavs right now).

The part I'm most happy about right now is that we have a **** ton more flexibility than we did before the Kyrie trade.

BELIEVELAND WE CHAMPS!!! 2016!!!

Cousins to Cleveland is basically a done deal. Probably Kevin Love + Brooklyn pick.

It's too perfect and its within their grasp. I did a thread on this like back in March. Lebron + Cousins could be an ultimate tandem and legit puts them in the GSW conversation.

And now with that pick and KLove is tradeable its in their grasp

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    It could work out just as you mentioned if that Brooklyn pick's value goes up and the Pelicans are looking bad/having issues. They already want Shumpert pretty badly - they'd cough up Cousins for Shump + Frye + Brk pick.

That's a helluva team. I think they got a shot at beating the Warriors and could probably push it to 7. The combinations they could do with that team would be nasty.

The only problem is I don't think the Cavs trade for Cousins unless he agrees to an extension. If he does, and he and LeBron get along, I think our chances of signing LeBron increases big time. Hard to leave a team that would own the East and have a guaranteed finals appearance for the next 3 years (and maybe winning 1 more ship too).

We could re-sign LeBron and Cousins for 2018-19 and beyond and still be at around the same amount (give or take some min contracts) of money we're at right now (140 million). But the tricky part is re-signing Thomas. We'd be at nearly 170'ish million and would most likely have to decide between letting him go or trading Love, since I doubt Gilbert would want to spend that kind of luxury tax. Unless we move JR and/or TT (both whom are LeBron's best buddies on the Cavs right now).

The part I'm most happy about right now is that we have a **** ton more flexibility than we did before the Kyrie trade.
    So much flexibility that Love is now ignored in trade talks. This worked wonders for the Cavs, tbh. You got good trade pieces in Crowder+1st 2018 and or you can just keep them and make the NBA Finals again. Win-win on both terms.

Cousins learning from Lebron and turning the corner and getting into his prime. Just as Lebron masters the 3-point game. Could make Cleveland title favorites tbh

Love + BRK pick would clinch CLE never getting past a healthy Golden State IMO. The BRK pick is all they have to seriously improve and they can't afford to blow it on an upgrade from Love to Cousins. They need that pick to land them a major player in addition to the ones they already have.

People need to realize how much better GS is. Replacing the combined 30 minutes/game that Jefferson and Shumpert played vs. GS with Crowder isn't going to make any material difference in how big the gap is. Replacing the 12 minutes/game that D-Will played vs. GS with Derrick Rose won't make a difference. Especially not when you consider that they're offsetting some of those improvements by replacing the 40 minutes/game that Kyrie played with a slight downgrade in IT if he's healthy (and a bigger downgrade if he doesn't get all the way back to last year's form).

Golden State was already one of the greatest teams we've ever seen and then added Durant, an all-time top 20 player already probably. In his prime no less. CLE upgrading a couple of their role players isn't going to come close to matching that, especially considering that GS has similarly upgraded their role players too, and upgrading Kevin Love (top 25ish player) to Cousins (top 15ish) isn't going to be enough either. It'll help some for sure but it's just not enough. CLE doesn't have many tradable pieces for a star so they can't afford to blow the one chip they do have on an upgrade from one all star to a better one unless it's an MVP type guy. They need to keep the all star they already have and use the BRK pick for another one if they want to **** with Golden State.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post

That's why I think you HAVE to trade that pick. Show LeBron you're willing to go all in. Sign his best friend post buyout and win it all and try and bring the same team back.

If it comes down to IT and one of JR or TT I'm sure LeBron would understand then moving one of those 2 guys, like they say "it's a business".

I think they win it all. They won't be able to stop Cousins, LeBron is still the best player in the world by a decent margin, IT is a bucket, you still have Love, Wade and LeBron are ridiculous in the pick n roll/pop with a big that is versatile and can score both ways, Crowder brings a lot of what they needed last year and takes a lot of defensive pressure off LeBron, and the bench is very well balanced. Wade and Love outlet passes to LeBron will be beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    Cousins to Cleveland is basically a done deal. Probably Kevin Love + Brooklyn pick.

It's too perfect and its within their grasp. I did a thread on this like back in March. Lebron + Cousins could be an ultimate tandem and legit puts them in the GSW conversation.

And now with that pick and KLove is tradeable its in their grasp
    Love wouldn't need to be and shouldn't be included imo.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Love + BRK pick would clinch CLE never getting past a healthy Golden State IMO. The BRK pick is all they have to seriously improve and they can't afford to blow it on an upgrade from Love to Cousins. They need that pick to land them a major player in addition to the ones they already have.

People need to realize how much better GS is. Replacing the combined 30 minutes/game that Jefferson and Shumpert played vs. GS with Crowder isn't going to make any material difference in how big the gap is. Replacing the 12 minutes/game that D-Will played vs. GS with Derrick Rose won't make a difference. Especially not when you consider that they're offsetting some of those improvements by replacing the 40 minutes/game that Kyrie played with a slight downgrade in IT if he's healthy (and a bigger downgrade if he doesn't get all the way back to last year's form).

Golden State was already one of the greatest teams we've ever seen and then added Durant, an all-time top 20 player already probably. In his prime no less. CLE upgrading a couple of their role players isn't going to come close to matching that, especially considering that GS has similarly upgraded their role players too, and upgrading Kevin Love (top 25ish player) to Cousins (top 15ish) isn't going to be enough either. It'll help some for sure but it's just not enough. CLE doesn't have many tradable pieces for a star so they can't afford to blow the one chip they do have on an upgrade from one all star to a better one unless it's an MVP type guy. They need to keep the all star they already have and use the BRK pick for another one if they want to **** with Golden State.
    I agree you can't include Love, you have to keep him and add that 4th all star.

I understand your take on it being far apart at the top as the series ended in 5 but, if the ball bounces a different way game 3 such as KD missing that 3 or Korver making his, that Cavs win. Then we have game 6 in Cleveland and it could've potentially went 7.

They give up that pick and filler for Cousins and sign Wade and I think that gap is definitely closed.

I'm surprised they haven't went after Tony Allen for his defense.

I wouldn't trade love AND that pick for boogie brk pick+fillee for boogie is great though.

The cavs need every bit of firepower they can muster to try and beat the warriors. Even w boogie idt they beat em but it'd be more interesting w him on that cavs team

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post

Kevin Love isnt really that good in the grand scheme of things. Adding Cousins, specifically to Cleveland, to that crew, to play alongside Lebron..... THAT move is like adding a prime Shaq essentially. That's what I think. You drop KLove and dont think twice.

JR I think is a player you keep. He has a TON of fight in him and is an amazing shooter when in the zone. Kept Cleveland alive so many times. Just absolute money and keeps fighting. LoL KLove is still out there padding stats much of the time and doesnt really generate wins.

I would say that adding a (just hitting) prime Cousins to a Lebron who in the finals really seemed to be mastering the 3-point game..... THAT is huge. Thats like a kobe-shaq situation and is ansolutely a threat to GSW. Isaiah Thomas /PG is still a problem, but KLove is just an above avg role player. Even if you can get cousins without him, should still trade him for value because if salary, get backup PG and young PF ir something. Send KLove to Dallas for Dennis Smith Jr that is the ninja move

smushie again showing he doesn't understand player value ... there is zero chance love/brook pick gets traded straight up for boogie if everyone is healthy

I think it comes down to a few variation or compromises for both sides. I'm sure Pelicans say if they don't get Love then its Nets pick and ya eat Asik as well and we get Thompson and Shumpert and fillers. If its no Love or Thompson then its got to be more sweeteners added besides Nets pick. Shumpert and Frye are nothing at this point. Reason why Asik is forced into the deal since he's negative value contract wise. Cavs don't have much else to offer other then future own draft picks.

Haven't checked if they own all their picks or don't have any for how many years yet. I think Cavs have to part with a big man. Since there would be a log jam at PF/C and not many minutes to go around unless injuries occur. Also Thompson off the bench in a limited role be kinda a luxury and costly. LeBron getting most the minutes at SF then makes Crowder a luxury besides old man Korver and Shumpert and Smith. Then ya got injured IT and Rose. Probably why Wade opened up and suggested Clippers and Lakers and I think he said Rockets. He said 3 or 4 teams.

If Pelicans don't dump Asik in the deal and only get a Shumpert and Frye and the Nets pick that's less value coming back then what they gave up to trade for Cousins to begin with. Hield was a high lottery guy and they gave up another lottery pick at #10 and second round pick and salary fillers for Cousins and Cassipi.

Pick Swaps:
    2018 — Owed first-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Kevin Garnett, Kyrie Irving).
    2018 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Keith Bogans), may go to Charlotte Hornets (Andrei Kirilenko, Juan Pablo Vaulet).
    2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2021 and 2022 second-rounders) to Atlanta Hawks (Kyle Korver)
    2019 — Owed second-rounder from Minnesota Timberwolves (Tyus Jones).
    2019 — Owed second-rounder from Los Angeles Lakers (Roy Hibbert, Rakeem Christmas).
    2019 — Owe higher of Minnesota Timberwolves and Los Angeles Lakers second-rounders to Portland Trail Blazers (Brendan Haywood), both possibly to Trail Blazers, if owed first-rounder is not conveyed. (Anderson Varejao).
    2019 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Dion Waiters), possibly to Orlando Magic (Kyle O’Quinn).
    2020 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Portland Trail Blazers (Mo Harkless, Joe Harris).
    2020 — Owe second-rounder to Los Angeles Clippers (Brendan Haywood, Anderson Varejao, Channing Frye, C.J. Wilcox).
    Cavs owe their 2019 pick to Hawks for Korver. Cavs have two picks this coming draft. But Nets pick is easily out going. So they have to keep their own or trade it after the draft for a later future pick. Not sure what else Cavs could give up if their not parting with Love or Thompson. Nets pick is a crapshoot. Also the pick is a year away yet. Which means giving up on another season of AD and Holiday. I think they'd want Love and the pick. Love should of been traded before Irving in my opinion.

If I was LeBron I would of traded Love to Suns for Bledsoe and a filler.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/cl...s-team-salary/

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast