Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    so the pelicans gave up hield and a top 10 pick for cousins at the deadline last year and now would trade him for a potential top 5 pick and filler...

really?

There's no reason to trade Cousins right now if you're the Pelicans. You didn't get a full year of Cousins+Davis so that experiment is too short to judge. Let's assume Pelicans make it to the 2nd round and lost in a close game 7.. I can see Cousins resigning. On the other hand, if this thing doesn't work out by mid-deadline, just trade Cousins. You won't get the same offer but I can see a desperate team that needs Cousins to elevatre their team willing to make a decent enough trade. You gave up Hield and Evans with some pick.. that was an absolute steal as it was. If I'm the Cavs, I'd offer Channing+Shump+1st rounder from BKLYN.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    There's no reason to trade Cousins right now if you're the Pelicans. You didn't get a full year of Cousins+Davis so that experiment is too short to judge. Let's assume Pelicans make it to the 2nd round and lost in a close game 7.. I can see Cousins resigning. On the other hand, if this thing doesn't work out by mid-deadline, just trade Cousins. You won't get the same offer but I can see a desperate team that needs Cousins to elevatre their team willing to make a decent enough trade. You gave up Hield and Evans with some pick.. that was an absolute steal as it was. If I'm the Cavs, I'd offer Channing+Shump+1st rounder from BKLYN.
    Not if DC clears cap and Gortat

PAPI SMASH!

wait. a 1st and Shumpert for DMC? Damn, how his stock has fallen if that bs true. has to be BS.

EDIT: Brooklyn's 1st round pick. OK, that makes more sense.
    Last edited by Lakers + Giants; 09-04-2017 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    Not if DC clears cap and Gortat

I believe Lbj is staying out East, so there I really don't see a reason for DC to sign with the Wiz.

It's time for DC to start thinking about truly contending from year to year. He needs to team up with players like, Westbrook, Lbj...etc

Wall is good, it's just that that Wiz team just needs more overall talent. Trust me i like super teams, I just would like 2 to 3 more organizations to actually create one; so it can be some actually real challenge to GS.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

This was also discussed in 2 other threads. Cousins to cavs is a legit trade idea but won't happen till trade deadline. pelicans gonna wait and see how their season goes first.

I still have not heard a legit reason Lebron would leave but if the cavs had a lineup of Thomas, Wade, Lebron, Love and Cousins (which seems very likely) nobody is going anywhere unless the cavs let them walk. But lebron and cousins would def be back.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    There's always reasons to trade. It's highly unlikely this early with Demps still making decisions, but if the team can say move Asik, get Shumpert, and the Brooklyn pick they should consider it as we already lost Hill and well likely be weak at the wing position again an area that has unfortunately been a huge problem for several seasons.

"Eighteen Twenty-five _______"

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    I believe Lbj is staying out East, so there I really don't see a reason for DC to sign with the Wiz.

It's time for DC to start thinking about truly contending from year to year. He needs to team up with players like, Westbrook, Lbj...etc

Wall is good, it's just that that Wiz team just needs more overall talent. Trust me i like super teams, I just would like 2 to 3 more organizations to actually create one; so it can be some actually real challenge to GS.
    First of all like i said i doubt Lebron stays if they fail to beat the Warriors again. And where in the East would he go? I doubt he goes back to Miami. Washington and Boston are out. I doubt he would go to Toronto or the Bucks. So where would he go.

As for Cousins, he and Wall are very good friends. They talked about playing together before the NO trade. So don't be surprised to see Cousins with Wizards next offseason.

PAPI SMASH!

I can't see Cousins playing with Lebron. Cousins would rush Lebron if he had one of his temper tantrums going off on a teammate in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Balltime View Post
    I can't see Cousins playing with Lebron. Cousins would rush Lebron if he had one of his temper tantrums going off on a teammate in public.
    I don't believe so at all. I don't mean this in a disrespectful way but have you ever played sports? Because you handle every player different. Some guys u can scream at and they respond positive, others you gotta baby them and take an easy. Lebron would have to understand that and i believe he would. Plus Lebron has earned the right to yell at people lol.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    I don't believe so at all. I don't mean this in a disrespectful way but have you ever played sports? Because you handle every player different. Some guys u can scream at and they respond positive, others you gotta baby them and take an easy. Lebron would have to understand that and i believe he would. Plus Lebron has earned the right to yell at people lol.
    So you think Lebron yelling @ Cousins will be ok? Cousins is bigger and has a chip on his shoulder. I don't see them meshing. Cousins can play the 3 ball game, but with his game he can post up in the block as well. We all know Lebron wants spacing and the paint clear. I see problems with Cousins playing with Lebron like we did with Bosh and Love hovering around the perimeter when they should be utilized more in the paint.

If im the Pelicans, I'm asking for Love and the nets pick and doing it without hesitation.
    If im the Cavs i'm doing it with solid depth pieces added in. If I'm Lebron no way im leaving after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

I feel confident that Cousins will join Wall in DC if they clear cap. Even if Lebron stays.

PAPI SMASH!

First of all like i said i doubt Lebron stays if they fail to beat the Warriors again. And where in the East would he go? I doubt he goes back to Miami. Washington and Boston are out. I doubt he would go to Toronto or the Bucks. So where would he go.
    As long as he stays away from Miami, we all good.

The team i see him taking a serious look at is the 6ers. If they san stay healthy and show signs they can truly turn into star players; then I see Lbj landing their. He can get 2 to 4 more rings if everything works out.

But just also try to think outside the box. Just because you can't clearly see a team Lbj, Melo, Wade & whoever can join right off the bat; doesn't mean plans are not in motion to clear that team roster and they can all sign in one place.

Once again, I feel that Lbj will never leave the EAST. It would look good for his legacy if he can keep on making Final's. He should try to aim for 10 or 11 straight Final's. But of course he needs to start winning more rings.

So when all is send and done, everyone would look back and say, damn, he shot out the entire conference for an entire decade.

It will make NO sense for Lbj to go out West & don't make the Final's. Critics would use that to say, you see Lbj would never have made otto all these Final's out West.

As for Cousins, he and Wall are very good friends. They talked about playing together before the NO trade. So don't be surprised to see Cousins with Wizards next offseason.
    If it happens good for them. But how will that help DC or the NBA? The key players to dethroning what KD did are; Westbrook, Lbj, Giannis, AD, & Kawhi as of right now. 3 out of these 5 players have to team up.

As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    If im the Pelicans, I'm asking for Love and the nets pick and doing it without hesitation.
    If im the Cavs i'm doing it with solid depth pieces added in. If I'm Lebron no way im leaving after that.

I just think the Cav's have yo offer Love & a filler, and the deal should get done. The Cav's will not & should not give up the Nets pick, unless Cuz says he will re-sign. But if he is just a one year rental, you offer them Love & dump a contract off on them.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast