Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Cavs trading for Cousins? or fake news? lets speculate......

Leading Sports Media‏*
    @LeadingSports_
    Follow

More
    Report: Cavs, Pelicans have discussed a deal for DeMarcus Cousins that would send Shumpert & Nets 1st round pick to NO.
    Never seen this account before. Even though they got like 78k followers. But we did talk about this before in the other Irving trade threads. Or could be fake news. Cousins on the Cavs for crapshoot Nets pick and Shumpert and whatever other junk as salary fillers be killer. Then if Cavs land Wade as well. Just cant picture Pelicans giving up on the season so early.

AD would be pissed. Unless AD demands a trade to Celtics for a godfather offer of Tatum, Brown, Lakers pick, Clippers pick, Grizzlies pick and whatever salaries to match. Maybe Horford cause not many other big contracts after Irving and Hayward. I could see any Cousins trade Pelicans wanna dump Asik in it as well. Maybe Cavs part with Thompson then?

@kc1nyk‏*@kylecohenNBA 20h
    20 hours ago

More
    Report: #Pelicans interested in #Cavs #Cavaliers SG-PG-SF Iman Shumpert.

@kc1nyk‏*
    @kylecohenNBA
    Following

More
    Rumor: #Cavs #Cavaliers and #Pelicans discussing SG-PG-SF Iman Shumpert and 2018 #Nets 1st round pick for superstar C-PF DeMarcus Cousins.
    12:08 AM - 3 Sep 2017
    @kc1nyk‏*
    @kylecohenNBA
    Following

More
    Rumor: #Cavs #Cavaliers and #Pelicans discussing SG-PG-SF Iman Shumpert and 2018 #Nets 1st round pick for superstar C-PF DeMarcus Cousins.
    12:08 AM - 3 Sep 2017
    Even if it happened. LeBron, Cousins and IT could all walk. If Pelicans close to missing playoffs. I could see them going cheap and trade Cousins for the Nets pick at trade deadline.

“As owners of Brooklyn’s No. 1 pick, which could be a top-five pick in next year’s draft, Cleveland has fielded numerous calls already about a potential trade. It could be a part of a major trade package for the Cavs later this year, or, conceivably, the Cavs could make that pick next June.”

I think Cavs need one more big time win now piece.

Sorry Cleveland fans. Lebron probably walked into Altman's office, demanding that he traded the first, and Gilbert probably walked in after agreed with Lebron.

PAPI SMASH!

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Even if it happened. LeBron, Cousins and IT could all walk. If Pelicans close to missing playoffs. I could see them going cheap and trade Cousins for the Nets pick at trade deadline.
    Why would Cavs trade the pick at that point? Near the trade deadline. It wouldn't make no sense.

You would want a player that would be a free agent in the offseason to be with you the whole entire year so you can show him what your organization is about.

& OP... why would N.O trade AD to Boston??? You don't think they will hold onto AD until the last possible hour? Not trade him with years still left on his contract?

Too much of you guys have Boston on the brain and you believing the media and YouTube hype.

If Westbrook doesn't sign that deal, he might be traded within the next two months.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Why would Cavs trade the pick at that point? Near the trade deadline. It wouldn't make no sense.

You would want a player that would be a free agent in the offseason to be with you the whole entire year so you can show him what your organization is about.

& OP... why would N.O trade AD to Boston??? You don't think they will hold onto AD until the last possible hour? Not trade him with years still left on his contract?

Too much of you guys have Boston on the brain and you believing the media and YouTube hype.

If Westbrook doesn't sign that deal, he might be traded within the next two months.
    Because Gilbert is Lebron's yes man at this point. He is holding on to hope that Lebron stays

PAPI SMASH!

Cavs Nation‏*@CavsNationNet 12h
    12 hours ago

More
    The Cavs are dangling the Nets' pick.
    http://cavsnation.com/cavs-talked-tr...tected-pick/*…
    Its no WOJ bomb. Also no blue check marks. But googling around. Cavs wanted Cousins back when he was with the Kings yet. I'm sure Lebron wants help right now. Especially with no IT for how many months. LeBron wont let Gilbert sit on that Nets pick.

Does TT come off the bench or does he go to NOP?

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post

If its a godfather offer like I suggested of Lakers and Grizzlies and Clippers picks and Tatum and Brown and Horford as the dead weight salary filler. I'm sure Pelicans start over. Bottom out and use their own pick as well if they own one AD been dinged up last couple years. Also Holiday been injured a lot. Also stuck with dead weight Asik which they didn't use the stretch provision on. Also if they can trade Cousins for Nets pick and Shumpert and Fry and maybe weasel in Asik for Thompson. Pelicans could have ........

Nets pick
    Lakers pick
    Grizzlies pick
    Clippers pick
    Thompson
    Brown
    Tatum
    Horford
    Shumpert

Cross your fingers that Lakers/Nets pick is top 5 each for Porter or Bagley or Ayton. Cross your fingers Grizzlies rebuild. Then with injury bugs to Blake and Gallinari and Beverley. Pelicans could re-flip Horford somewhere as well. But his contract sucks. So they maybe stuck with him. Also Pelicans didn't give up much for Cousins. Probably peddle off Holiday as well.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    If I was Pelicans i'd force feed Asik going back to Cavs and Thompson going to Pelicans with Shumpert and Nets pick for Cousins. Maybe even expiring Frye. I didn't check the salaries. That's what i'd do in a rebuild. AD probably ticked off anyway. Even though he seems to always get injured as well. Cavs could even call up Pat Riley and ask about Whiteside for Nets pick as well. But cant picture Heat ready to tank right away. Since Heat owe Suns a first round picks yet for Dragic trade.

Keep in mind Lebrons FA decision comes after the draft. It seems like there might be a delay for IT and maybe he doesn't get fully acclimated. Even so, CLE should still win the East. They could get IT cheaper as a result. And then whoever is available in the draft you could agree to deal for contingent on LBJ committing. So you sell to him that hey look we're adding two all stars if you stay,

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

GS without Bogut doesn't have a player to effectively slow Cousins.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Shump makes $10M, Cousins makes $16M and TT makes $16M. If they want Shumpert it's him, the pick, and filler. TT would blow up the deal and NO would have to send back a lot more salary. Asik, Solomon Hill, or E'Twaun Moore would work.

Unless the Pelicans are saying **** it and blowing the team up now to get picks, then that's a terrible trade Cleveland will probably have to add their own unprotected pick next year and then risk giving up a top pick if they all leave in order to try and win this season. The fiasco with Boston has probably further damaged their reputation too, especially if they had known all of Thomas's issues beforehand and it was all in Gilberts plan to accept the deal, then hold it up to try and get more out of the other team.

I mean, I'm sure that the Pelicans can get something much better at this point from another team that might be lotto bound. Hell, they might want to go see how much they can get from Boston with their tons of little protection/unprotected picks and Tatum/Brown .... How about Davis/Cousins for Horford (need a big contract), Tatum/Brown and All of their acquired picks for the next few years? That'll immediately help the Pelicans if their goal is to blow everything up for young talent and draft picks

Maybe the Cleveland deal would work mid season, if the Pelicans big men combo isn't working well, and Cousins has shown indications that he's leaving... otherwise it probably won't happen. Even in that other scenario, would Cleveland risk it? Because regardless of whether it's his fault or not, Cousins would absorb a ton of the blame if the Pelicans aren't near what people expected.

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast