Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    We have an excellent top 4 starting pitchers with Sevy, Gray, Tanaka, CC. We have a terrific bullpen. Sure guys could underperform but on paper we are very good playoff staff. In the lineup there have been some inconsistencies but the top level talent is there as well.

On paper if guys are playing well this team could honestly beat anyone and it not be a surprise. Probably the 4th best team in the AL paper but it wouldn't be a shock if they beat anyone.
    Agree. No shocker if they advance. They have the arms and the bats. Need them both to perform consistently.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Some people give up on their team entirely too early. Then again it has been a theme in this forum for years.

If the Yanks win tonight that would make it 10 wins in their last 14. They have played a few series against teams either chasing them in the WC or ahead of them in the division. They have taken all those series.

They still have one of the best run differentials in the league. Obviously there are areas for improvement but I can see this team going very far.

They have scored nearly 6 a game during the last 14.

Get in and get hot.
    Last edited by Yankees 1903; 09-14-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Remember the first 2.5 months of the season when everyone was hyped about this team and thought they had the ability to go deep? Well they finished that span with a .623 winning %. They had a mediocre 2nd half of June and bad start to July. Since the AS break (2 months) the Yanks have a .593 winning %. They're winning nearly at the same rate as that 2.5 month span.

Seems the hype is not nearly as high as it was back then. You have "fans" throwing in the towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    Remember the first 2.5 months of the season when everyone was hyped about this team and thought they had the ability to go deep? Well they finished that span with a .623 winning %. They had a mediocre 2nd half of June and bad start to July. Since the AS break (2 months) the Yanks have a .593 winning %. They're winning nearly at the same rate as that 2.5 month span.

Seems the hype is not nearly as high as it was back then. You have "fans" throwing in the towel.
    we started slumping when we lost, Castro, Hicks and Holliday to injury all about the same time. IMO if we can get them all back, healthy and hitting we'll see a winning percentage closer to the first half. Especially with the improved rotation and BP

Yankess could be a threat if they sneak into the WC, but then it's anyones guess as to what happens.

Well, the good news is.. The Yanks have clinched a .500+ season... Which many (here and in the media) felt couldn't be done this year...

The real problem I've seen.. The Yanks struggle with 2 teams.. Houston and Cleveland.. both very good teams (cleveland just forgot how to lose for 3 weeks...) The problem is.. no matter what those will be the 2 primary hosts for the ALDS whether the Yanks are the WC team or they overcome Boston..

For a team in year 1 of a 2 year rebuild.. a damn good position to be in considering where they were "supposed" to finish..

I can agree, in the ALDS, a short series anything can happen.. the Yanks could surprise someone. Either way.. Next year is looking really nice.
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies
    3. Whoever is playing the Red Sox tonight!

I think it's possible they win the pennant. They'd have a hard time in the WS though. I think the Dodgers/Nats are just better teams.
    "Here on the field, from up close, just watching coach Vance Joseph, from here, you watch him now on the screen"- Sergio Dipp

Quote Originally Posted by LordJohn View Post
    I think it's possible they win the pennant. They'd have a hard time in the WS though. I think the Dodgers/Nats are just better teams.
    I think if they make it to the WS the Indians will likely be the best team they face.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I think if they make it to the WS the Indians will likely be the best team they face.
    Absolutely

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12