Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Well in fairness, the Yankees went 1-12 over their final 13 games in 2000 and went on to win the world series.
    Yeah but they're the Yankees, we're the Dodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Well in fairness, the Yankees went 1-12 over their final 13 games in 2000 and went on to win the world series.
    But they already had three championships in their previous four seasons at that point in time. For us, it's a different story.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    here comes Pedro. Doc throwing in the towel with a 1 run deficit.
    ChickenBrain usually does OK when we are already losing or have a large lead because there is no pressure... but put him in a tight playoff spot, which Roberts WILL do (if we get there), and enjoy the homerun derby.
    Last edited by handle; 09-09-2017 at 11:04 AM.

For the love of all that is holy, please send "Grandy" back to the scrap heap.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    I appreciate the measured response.

To the above, this was kind of the point of asking the question. Our odds of winning it all now haven't changed much from what they were 2 weeks ago.

I think much of that will be fixed when Maeda and Ryu slide to the pen, and perhaps if Buehler gets the nod. That makes our bullpen look something like Maeda, Ryu, Buehler, Baez, Morrow, Kenley, and more. Watson and Cingrani seem to be settling in too. One or both may make the cut. If both do, that's 12 pitchers in the first round roster. That's a pretty damn good pen, IMO.

Totally. I still feel that we should've tried trading a package surrounding Puig for JD Martinez. I like what he's been doing, I don't know that he's got the poise for playoff baseball or, more generally, sustained success at this level.

IMO, the playoff pen will be stronger this year than in years passed.

I think a 5 or 7 game series is generally close to a 50/50 proposition anyway. This squad, IMO is still the best all-around team in baseball, given equally clean bills off health.

I'll tell you what though, hindsight being 20/20, sure would be nice to have Scherzer behind CK.
    wow... the olive branch bolded LOL

As for the rest of it...

1. I hope you are right about those guys contributing in the pen... one thing is for sure we should have more healthy bodies to choose from so that is a plus

2. Trading for JD would have been smart in hindsight but probably a hard sell with how well the team was playing ...

I am still not a fan of the piling up of slightly above average players and then using that depth to win during the season because once the playoffs starts that depth becomes less relevant... I would much rather see the team go after top end FA's and players in trades (I was pleased with the Yu deal) than the prior approach...

I know the Dodgers can take more chances with injured/underperforming guys but there really hasn't been a home run on this approach until taylor... it clogs the 40 man roster and the salary commitments especially on pitchers keeps us out of the top end market...

Oh well... not going to complain... just going to see how the year plays out and hope that the strategy is to start going after the bigger players once more of the garbage salaries are off the books.

Tonight's lineup actually looks good 1-6 with Joc and Forsythe at the bottom the order. It should be a win tonight with a deep lineup.

I feel like they actually turned a corner with tonight's lineup. First time in a long time that I've actually felt excited to watch 3 consecutive hitters bat.
    Last edited by DigglinDickers; 09-09-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Farmer is also recalled today. Hopefully we see him catching and having Barnes start at 2B for soresight. I like Joc at LF today since Curtis has been an ultimate **** show offensively.

Roberts is going to continue to use Baez in high leverage situations to prove a point to booing fans.

The main 4 of the lineup have only batted 1-4 28 times this season.
    Last edited by DigglinDickers; 09-09-2017 at 09:22 PM.

It really is the old Wood again. I would let Buehler take a start in the playoffs at this point.

****in' joke.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

I feel like it's about to be 6-0 in a minute.

I think Grandal is a tad overrated after watching him every game.

Old Wood is back... better get Strippling ready.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast