Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgerKnight32 View Post
    Still think the sky isn't falling? lol

Let it rain!!!

This has become such a joke.
    Nope. Do you think this team won't be competitive in the playoffs?
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

- Carl Sagan

Come on guys, are you kidding me?

We went from "we're the best team in baseball history", to "let's trade Kershaw because he may never win a ring here" all because of 13 meaningless games where the scrubs have been prominently featured?

This team is younger and better than it has been in each of the last four years where it's been competitive.

No, the sky isn't ****ing falling. Why should I believe it is? Because you tell me? So what happens when this same team wins the WS? You're gonna come back in here and qualify your "the sky is falling" logic by saying things like "I just knew they weren't going to win if they kept playing that way"... well, no ****.

It sucks watching them lose but jeeze, let's not rebuild just yet. In three weeks, none of what happened over these last 30 days, or 6 months, is going to mean a thing.

Do you guys honestly believe this team can't win the WS?

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Come on guys, are you kidding me?

We went from "we're the best team in baseball history", to "let's trade Kershaw because he may never win a ring here" all because of 13 meaningless games where the scrubs have been prominently featured?

This team is younger and better than it has been in each of the last four years where it's been competitive.

No, the sky isn't ****ing falling. Why should I believe it is? Because you tell me? So what happens when this same team wins the WS? You're gonna come back in here and qualify your "the sky is falling" logic by saying things like "I just knew they weren't going to win if they kept playing that way"... well, no ****.

It sucks watching them lose but jeeze, let's not rebuild just yet. In three weeks, none of what happened over these last 30 days, or 6 months, is going to mean a thing.

Do you guys honestly believe this team can't win the WS?
    anyone in the playoffs can win... that goes without saying...

there certainly are young players to be optimistic about moving into the future...

There is just something off about this group and it mostly has to do with pitching health and bullpen depth (sound familiar).

I assume the hitting will improve once the line up normalizes but there are still some holes in that group.

The Dodgers will face the same issues this postseason as last... will the starting pitching past KC hold up, will the pen hold up, and will the Seager/Bellinger/Taylor/Turner/Puig group perform to a normalized level...

I think it is 50/50 at this point whether we will get by either Arizona or Washington because they both can rake and with the Dodgers pitching of late that is not a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    anyone in the playoffs can win... that goes without saying...
    I appreciate the measured response.

To the above, this was kind of the point of asking the question. Our odds of winning it all now haven't changed much from what they were 2 weeks ago.

there certainly are young players to be optimistic about moving into the future...

There is just something off about this group and it mostly has to do with pitching health and bullpen depth (sound familiar).
    I think much of that will be fixed when Maeda and Ryu slide to the pen, and perhaps if Buehler gets the nod. That makes our bullpen look something like Maeda, Ryu, Buehler, Baez, Morrow, Kenley, and more. Watson and Cingrani seem to be settling in too. One or both may make the cut. If both do, that's 12 pitchers in the first round roster. That's a pretty damn good pen, IMO.

I assume the hitting will improve once the line up normalizes but there are still some holes in that group.
    Totally. I still feel that we should've tried trading a package surrounding Puig for JD Martinez. I like what he's been doing, I don't know that he's got the poise for playoff baseball or, more generally, sustained success at this level.

The Dodgers will face the same issues this postseason as last... will the starting pitching past KC hold up, will the pen hold up, and will the Seager/Bellinger/Taylor/Turner/Puig group perform to a normalized level...
    IMO, the playoff pen will be stronger this year than in years passed.

I think it is 50/50 at this point whether we will get by either Arizona or Washington because they both can rake and with the Dodgers pitching of late that is not a good thing.
    I think a 5 or 7 game series is generally close to a 50/50 proposition anyway. This squad, IMO is still the best all-around team in baseball, given equally clean bills off health.

I'll tell you what though, hindsight being 20/20, sure would be nice to have Scherzer behind CK.

Lol...

The first 120 games of the season:
    "the dodgers could be the best team in mlb history"

Last 20 games that the dodgers played:
    "The sky is falling the sky is falling! Trade everybody! The dodgers suck!"

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Trading Kershaw? Lol. As much I want to see Kershaw winning a WS, it's too ****ing early to even think about trading him for that to happen. You trade our ace and get what exactly? Another ace from another team plus prospects? You trade him away, you certainly going to lose the opportunity to get Darvish back. Who the hell wants to sign with us when we go ahead and rebuild. So we're stuck with rebuilding our rotation and wasting our best offensive lineup in years so we don't waste Kershaw. But by doing that, we waste our other talents in the lineup. Counterproductive eh.

The guy had a bad night. First lose since May. First lose in his last 17 starts and you want you want to trade him? He got rocked first inning while still fanning out 7 in less than 4 innings. Jeez. Even if you put other pitchers on the mound, we'll still likely lose since the offense is a crapshoot right now. Whatever you're smoking, get a refund from your dispensary.

Seager is back so do you think Roberts goes with the strongest lineup? I know Taylor is sitting and hot hitting Granderson is leadoff.

At least Scherzer gave up a 3-run shot in the first so Kershaw has a little cushion in the ERA lead.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    I appreciate the measured response.

To the above, this was kind of the point of asking the question. Our odds of winning it all now haven't changed much from what they were 2 weeks ago.

I think much of that will be fixed when Maeda and Ryu slide to the pen, and perhaps if Buehler gets the nod. That makes our bullpen look something like Maeda, Ryu, Buehler, Baez, Morrow, Kenley, and more. Watson and Cingrani seem to be settling in too. One or both may make the cut. If both do, that's 12 pitchers in the first round roster. That's a pretty damn good pen, IMO.

Totally. I still feel that we should've tried trading a package surrounding Puig for JD Martinez. I like what he's been doing, I don't know that he's got the poise for playoff baseball or, more generally, sustained success at this level.

IMO, the playoff pen will be stronger this year than in years passed.

I think a 5 or 7 game series is generally close to a 50/50 proposition anyway. This squad, IMO is still the best all-around team in baseball, given equally clean bills off health.

I'll tell you what though, hindsight being 20/20, sure would be nice to have Scherzer behind CK.
    While I was never against Trading for Martienez(though his defense is attroicious) you look at what the diamondbacks gave up to get him, and you think the dodgers should have Built a Package around Puig for JD Martienez?
    So not just Puig for a two month rental.
    Puig + other stuff?

The Diamondbacks got J.D. Martienez for a handfull of minor league filler from one of the weakest systems in baseball. I think the Dodgers could have gotten him for much less than Puig or Pederson etc. There's no reason to think they couldn't have offered better minor league filler than the DBacks and still got him. Unless Detroit knows somthing about the players they got that we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    While I was never against Trading for Martienez(though his defense is attroicious) you look at what the diamondbacks gave up to get him, and you think the dodgers should have Built a Package around Puig for JD Martienez?
    So not just Puig for a two month rental.
    Puig + other stuff?

The Diamondbacks got J.D. Martienez for a handfull of minor league filler from one of the weakest systems in baseball. I think the Dodgers could have gotten him for much less than Puig or Pederson etc. There's no reason to think they couldn't have offered better minor league filler than the DBacks and still got him. Unless Detroit knows somthing about the players they got that we don't.
    Shut up troll.

They need to call someone up to back up Grandal and put Barnes at 2nd while batting 346 against RHP.

About ****in' time. Now Roberts should wise up and avoid using The Three Stooges (Font, Castillo, and Ravin) later in the game.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

I've always hated Bud Black's whiny *** game face.

Yu darvish is now the fastest pitcher ever to 1000 strikeouts.

Fastest both on games and innings pitched

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

AZ was down 8-0 but it's now 8-6 and they have the bases loaded with 1 out.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast