6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Falcons

4 66.67%
  • Falcons

2 33.33%
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Houst cut

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Mitch was reported to be the #2 already.
    While i agree that Mark is likely a waste of a roster spot. im not going to lie. I would probably rather have him around to help Mitch then say a guy who likely almost never sees the field anyway. luckily we did not loose anyone we wanted to keep anyway.
    I may be in the minority but I think Sanchez is a pretty good backup QB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Houst cut
    Ashame he turned out to be an Injury Bust. Guy was so dominant when he was with oakland.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    sounds like Parnell and Danny will be back for Sunday. unlclear on roles. sounds like Danny is starting. Parnell may be coming off the bench. either way. good signs.

FWIW. my phone is correcting Pernell to Parnell

Quote Originally Posted by sdrobert View Post
    Ashame he turned out to be an Injury Bust. Guy was so dominant when he was with oakland.

he was pretty good here all things considered. when he was on the field he played well. I didn't think he would take the transition to OlB well. but that seemed all right. unfortunately injuries just keep coming

McPhee isn't a starter on the depth chart, nor does he really deserve to be, and it's probably best that they take it slow with him anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    McPhee isn't a starter on the depth chart, nor does he really deserve to be, and it's probably best that they take it slow with him anyway.

I agree. Not sure it'll matter though, I have 0 faith he'll ever stay healthy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I agree. Not sure it'll matter though, I have 0 faith he'll ever stay healthy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    He won't. He's had something like 4-5 knee surgeries in his career already.

I don't believe he's even on the roster next year because of it and the way his contract is structured. No point in paying him $8M to play half a season, if that. Unless he magically plays an injury free season, take the savings, draft a pass rusher on day 2 next year.

I don't believe he's even on the roster next year because of it and the way his contract is structured. No point in paying him $8M to play half a season, if that. Unless he magically plays an injury free season, take the savings, draft a pass rusher on day 2 next year.

Really disappointing too, he was a hell of a football player. Probably still is.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Week 1: Atlanta Falcons (0-0) @ Chicago Bears (0-0) | 9-10 | 12:00 pm CDT

Yeah pretty much my thoughts exactly. Although, I wouldn't count out a pass rusher in the 1st either if there's a good prospect available. Beyond Floyd the bears have no youth and really no depth to speak of. Houston is gone, Young is a band aid (although a solid one), and Acho is a borderline rotational player. Not sure what the free agent class looks like but pass rushers are going to command big money and Paces approach is more geared towards value/upside/contract flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Yeah pretty much my thoughts exactly. Although, I wouldn't count out a pass rusher in the 1st either if there's a good prospect available. Beyond Floyd the bears have no youth and really no depth to speak of. Houston is gone, Young is a band aid (although a solid one), and Acho is a borderline rotational player. Not sure what the free agent class looks like but pass rushers are going to command big money and Paces approach is more geared towards value/upside/contract flexibility.
    I fully expect the bears to trade out of a top pick unless we have a surprising season. pass rusher. CB and WR (barring white really stepping up) all on the board. OT potentially as well. (though I expect RT to be the last of our needs at this point with everything else locked up )

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I fully expect the bears to trade out of a top pick unless we have a surprising season. pass rusher. CB and WR (barring white really stepping up) all on the board. OT potentially as well. (though I expect RT to be the last of our needs at this point with everything else locked up )
    With Pace, I think all options are on the table come draft time. But the last two drafts, they've been intent on trading up to get their guy. The only way they trade out of their spot is if they get a great package and there's not someone on the board they absolutely love. There's a lot of factors though. We don't know where they'll be drafting and if they can cash in on one of the top QBs. Right now I'd say their top need is WR and then CB/OLB is neck and neck to me.

The FA class is virtually nonexistent for edge rushers. There are however several good CB's and a crapload of interesting WR's available. As of now the Bears have $44M in cap space for next year and that could be close to $70M after cuts...I'd expect/hope Pace to fare better this time with what should be ascending roster, Trubisky starting, and potentially a new coaching staff.

I wouldn't rule out a pass rusher either in the draft, but unless we have a shot at Arden Key (likely a top 3 pick), I think I'd prefer to grab a Tackle or DB in the 1st of this draft...so far away though, so I won't speculate too much on what they'll do there until seeing how the season plays out a bit.

Last edited by DamnGoat; 09-07-2017 at 10:42 PM.

The FA class is virtually nonexistent for edge rushers. There are however several good CB's and a crapload of interesting WR's available.

I wouldn't rule out a pass rusher either in the draft, but unless we have a shot at Arden Key (likely a top 3 pick), I think I'd prefer to grab a Tackle or DB in the 1st of this draft...so far away though.

I'm not crazy about an OT in the 1st...but I trust Pace no matter what he does. Hell, depending on how Bullard and RRH perform, you could make an argument for a DE or an ILB as well. Pace is going to go BPA other than QB obviously....and you can most likely take RB off the board in the 1st too.

I'm not crazy about an OT in the 1st...but I trust Pace no matter what he does. Hell, depending on how Bullard and RRH perform, you could make an argument for a DE or an ILB as well. Pace is going to go BPA other than QB obviously....and you can most likely take RB off the board in the 1st too.
    Only reason I mentioned OT is because this is a solid draft for them and I don't think Leno's contract should stop them from taking one.

DL could be in play if Hicks isn't extended.

I don't think this team has that many needs anymore, but that could obviously change between now and April. For me the top 2 are far and away WR & CB. After that there are plenty that could use more depth.

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast