6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Falcons

4 66.67%
  • Falcons

2 33.33%
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast
    It was week 1
    Mistakes were made, too many mistakes
    But they hung in there and still ALMOST pulled it off.
    I'm so used to them losing that the pain went away quickly, but I am honestly optimistic about this season, within reason, 7-9 seems attainable to me.
    And um, those of you who jumped all over me for calling Kevin White a bust last year ... I rest my case.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    A timeout should have been called there. You could see all of the confusion.
    You could but you hope they told eachother what they were going to do. When they looked confused. Instead it seems. Both took the same zone coverage and nobody took hopper.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Don't gas up Cooper too much he was getting worked by Julio Jones OFTEN in the game . Def wasn't the best if that's what you wanna call it; But once Julio wasn't targeted much he was as well as you could be . From the highlights I saw he allowed two big catches of Julio 4 catches . He did make a great play on a ball but didn't end up with it on the sideline.

Fuller played well mostly , that other big hooper catch I remember multiple bears missing tackles . Fuller was guarding another WR then nobody was watching hooper underneath so he caught it then fuller broke off to try and tackle him and got stiffed arm too. The second defender Eddie Jackson also missed a big open tackle on hooper and he was off to the races until pushed out of bounds.

All the hooper big plays happened because of the safety help and an LB not covering . Demps got caught spying on Julio who was guarded by Fuller which allowed Hooper to get wide open on that 3rd down. Then Demps got pushed into hell by a stiff arm and it was TD Hooper. If those didn't happen the back end actually did a decent job vs a top offense .

Bryce also did good in the slot , he was targeted 5 times and allowed 2 catches for 10 yards.

The most targeted Falcons WR was Sanu yesterday on 9 for 6 catches 47 yards 7.8 ypr.

Julio had 5 targets 4 for 66 he was kind of frozen out of the game being guarded by different dbs throughout the game after the coop switch.

Hooper of course had 2 targets for 2 catches and 128 and a TD.

Here's Demps getting destroyed by Hooper on the TD

https://twitter.com/nfloutsiders/sta...60480643817473

Demps was awful yesterday hopefully he plays better but tough matchup in Tampa

You take out those huge Hooper plays you prob looking at 195 - 220 through the air from Matt Ryan .

Falcons run game was non existent
    Not really trying to gas up Cooper, whatever that means. He played fine, not great. FWIW he graded out in the mid 70's and Fuller was in the mid 30's according to PFF, and the discrepancy was largely due to poor coverage.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    Kevin White drafted in front of Todd Gurley & Devante Parker.

#NeverForget
    Vic Beasley too. I remember liking Gurley quite a bit, but could you imagine this front 7 with Beasley and Floyd?
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    A timeout should have been called there. You could see all of the confusion.
    Fox said in the post game presser that they wanted to call a timeout there. Didn't really elaborate on why they couldn't though.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Vic Beasley too. I remember liking Gurley quite a bit, but could you imagine this front 7 with Beasley and Floyd?
    Beasley and Floyd off the edges and we have a garunteed top 5 defense this year...

But if we're going to play the time machine game and swap another player we missed by a single pick (though he went just before us) imagine what this team would be if we'd gotten Aaron Donald (I think that was the year we took Fuller) and then taken Beasley over White.... That's like an 85 Bears level defense just from the front 7.

That was Emery's last year and I'm pretty sure he wanted Donald as well. I think just about everyone here wanted him too. Just his presence alone makes a D top tier, much like Watt in Houston.

Oh well, I'm still pretty high on this group if they can land a stud CB next offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    https://twitter.com/bearsbarroom/sta...30219419881472

Still don't see how they thought this was a 1st down
    Wasn't even close. This was absurd and still bugs me today.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Fox said in the post game presser that they wanted to call a timeout there. Didn't really elaborate on why they couldn't though.

On fox. I didn't hear that. I heard him say he didn't think there was confusion.

https://youtu.be/-sq-lrsijbA here at 1:40. He says that the play that was run was not the play that was called. And said he did not relize there was disaray till hopper caught the ball

White on IR after breaking a bone in the back of his shoulder.

Overall, he's been paid over $14 mil to play a total of 5 games in 3 years.

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

Activate Gentry, see what he's got
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

freak injury for white. I still won't call him a bust. IMO, "bust" implies that his skill's weren't good enough to cut it.

I just feel bad for him

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    freak injury for white. I still won't call him a bust. IMO, "bust" implies that his skill's weren't good enough to cut it.

I just feel bad for him
    Problem is he has not shown ability for the 5 and a half games we have seem him

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Problem is he has not shown ability for the 5 and a half games we have seem him
    Hard to tell too with the play calling he always getting screen plays. I've only seen him take 3 deep plays. Best play was his catch vs Dallas

5/33 games.
    #7 over all pick in the draft
    Season ending IR x 3

BUST
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast