Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Falcons

4 66.67%
  • Falcons

2 33.33%
Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    RRH can be a Hicks type talent IMO. Length plus explosiveness is a good combo.
    If he could just be Hicks-lite that'd be great.

Just need to add a little more edge rushing depth and I'll feel pretty comfortable with this front 7 for the next few years.

Yeah, this D has potential to be pretty stout vs. the run.

We'll probably still give up something absurd like 4500 yards passing, but it should be more interesting to watch than the last few seasons.

That said, I still really want us to suck *** this year to grab a Top 5 type of pick, can Fox, and let the Mr. Biscuit era begin with another high-impact type of player from the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Damn I come in here to the longest post I've ever seen. Mind blown

Followed up by another novel by wolf

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Yeah I put some time into that post haha

Mine was hardly a cover flap in comparison

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Mine was hardly a cover flap in comparison
    Yours wasn't long at all. Anyway, who do you all think has a break out season? I say Bullard, RRH, and Cohen.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Yeah, this D has potential to be pretty stout vs. the run.

We'll probably still give up something absurd like 4500 yards passing, but it should be more interesting to watch than the last few seasons.

That said, I still really want us to suck *** this year to grab a Top 5 type of pick, can Fox, and let the Mr. Biscuit era begin with another high-impact type of player from the draft.
    It's what I truly know should happen and what I would not be mad at come end of season. It's just so damn hard to put my homer thoughts to the side at the start of every season. We have very potential pieces, but deep down inside it's still missing pieces that put us in serious SB contention. It's not far in my mind, but even getting that field general presence on defense would put us miles ahead (could be on the team as we speak). However it's underrated how much a true leader on either side of the ball can push a team. Still need a WR obviously and I still think I'd like to have the Bears really form a dominant yearly OL.

Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    It's what I truly know should happen and what I would not be mad at come end of season. It's just so damn hard to put my homer thoughts to the side at the start of every season. We have very potential pieces, but deep down inside it's still missing pieces that put us in serious SB contention. It's not far in my mind, but even getting that field general presence on defense would put us miles ahead (could be on the team as we speak). However it's underrated how much a true leader on either side of the ball can push a team. Still need a WR obviously and I still think I'd like to have the Bears really form a dominant yearly OL.
    I also want that dominant OL, but I don't want to lose. We also need some wide receivers. We have a good start inside on the line if they can stay healthy. We need to add a dominant tackle. If we get one that's a left tackle, do you think Leno would take a step back switching to the right side?

I don't think they're going to be bad enough for a top 5 pick again. Top 10, maybe/probably.

It's fun to think about plugging the remaining holes for next year, but I do believe this team can surprise this year. I'm excited to see them play.

Go Bears!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

A tad concerning that we're rolling with Thompson/Bellamy as a starter today, but I expect that to be a constant theme throughout the season.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I don't think they're going to be bad enough for a top 5 pick again. Top 10, maybe/probably.

It's fun to think about plugging the remaining holes for next year, but I do believe this team can surprise this year. I'm excited to see them play.

Go Bears!

Jets
    Bills
    Jaguars
    Colts (especially if Luck can't get healthy)
    49ers
    Browns

Are all likely to be worse or in the same league as the Bears. The Bengals, Rams and Chargers seem like a tier ahead

Of course one or two teams will surprise and 1 or 2 of the teams we expect to do well will not. I could see the Cardinals dropping off a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Jets
    Bills
    Jaguars
    Colts (especially if Luck can't get healthy)
    49ers
    Browns

Are all likely to be worse or in the same league as the Bears. The Bengals, Rams and Chargers seem like a tier ahead

Of course one or two teams will surprise and 1 or 2 of the teams we expect to do well will not. I could see the Cardinals dropping off a lot.
    I think Lions revert back to being the Lions again. They had a ton of close wins last year, the worst D in the league, and an okay Offense. I think they finish last in the division.

Guessing we'll almost certainly be better than the Rams. I think the Chargers will be halfway decent though, no idea on the Bengals, but they're still pretty talented.

Last edited by DamnGoat; 09-10-2017 at 12:39 PM.

Ideally they will either go win 2 to 4 games this year (but hopefully at least be competitive in most of the losses and have 1 of those wins against GB) ... or really get things together and win 9 ... the 5-11, 6-10, 7-9,8-8 seasons are the worst, not good enough for playoffs .. not bad enough to get a really good player in the draft.

Decided to get Sunday Ticket, though I used an old student email and got the streaming version for much cheaper, lol.

Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast