Week 1: Atlanta Falcons (0-0) @ Chicago Bears (0-0) | 9-10 | 12:00 pm CDT

Week 1
    @

Soldier Field, Chicago, Illinois
    Sunday, September 10th at 12:00 PM CDT
    TV: FOX 32

Click For More Stats

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I think we'll keep it close for a half, maybe well into the 3rd quarter, but ultimately I don't see how this Offense is scoring enough with Glennon.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I think we'll keep it close for a half, maybe well into the 3rd quarter, but ultimately I don't see how this Offense is scoring enough with Glennon.

We'll need Howard to have an absurd game to have a chance. Even with that, not sure that's possible against Atlanta.

38-13 loss is my prediction

Click here to register!

Falcons blog predicting a blowout 35-7

Click here to register!

Bears 'hopeful' LG Kyle Long returns to lineup in Week 1
    LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- The Chicago Bears are still holding out hope that Kyle Long’s surgically-repaired right ankle will have healed to the point that he can play in Chicago’s regular-season opener against Atlanta on Sept. 10.

“He's on target,” coach John Fox said on Tuesday. “We're hopeful, again he's really day-to-day as far as coming off that ankle. We'll just continue to rehab until medically cleared.”

Long started 47 games during his first three NFL seasons but played in just eight games last season after suffering a gruesome ankle injury in November. Long also partially tore the labrum in his left shoulder last summer, but he opted not to have surgery.

A three-time Pro Bowler, Long missed Chicago’s entire offseason program but practiced sporadically while the club conducted training camp in Bourbonnais.

However, Long’s been relegated to side work since the Bears kicked him out of practice for fighting on Aug. 14 -- coincidentally the final practice in Bourbonnais. Long met with the doctor that performed his ankle surgery after the club broke camp but has since remained off-limits to the media.

To counter Long’s absence, Chicago moved center Cody Whitehair over to left guard and started Hroniss Grasu in the middle during the past two preseason games. The Bears also have veteran offensive lineman Tom Compton on the roster who can play left guard.

Click here to register!

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    On shaheen looking raw. from previous thread. im surprisingly not worried and hear me out. out of all the names in training camp. shaheen was probably the one who was said to be the. most dominate and making plays from what I have heard. while he has not shown it in game yet. I can't believe he is going to be a training camp beast and just disapear. maybe im wrong. but it's not like he has just been quite and bad. hopefully it's just nerves and a couple of games and catches can get him going

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

This will be highlighted more vs a team like Atlanta, and probably Green Bay..... but this is honestly my biggest concern for the season right now...

Our defense as a whole has played well in preaseason, but I don't have a ton of faith in the secondary, and I don't have any faith right now in Glennon..... We can keep the scores lower if we pound the rock all game, but at some point we need to have the threat of the passing attack.... and look, it's not just Glennon being a big problem.... Even if Biscuits went in there, and was capable of playing up to his preseason form..... who exactly is he going to pass to?

Our WR depth even with Cam was suspect, and now it's basically non existent..... Sure we could run double TE formations more often, but that's replacing the slot receiver, which is the spot we actually have depth for.... We pretty desperately need someone who can play outside.... and right now our best options are Kevin White, who aside from being injured twice in 2 years has shown almost nothing when he has been healthy..... and Gentry, an UDFA who while vastly exceeding expectations for an UDFA, is a limited route tree runner and as a rookie UDFA not exactly who you want to hang your season's hopes on....

Now maybe we can wait for the waiver wire and find a guy, but I'm not sure a waiver wire guy is going to be good enough to fill the hole we have.
    Last edited by Epyon; 09-01-2017 at 04:39 PM.

Crazy that in 2014 Fuller was guarding Julio and he went 4 for 68 on 12 targets . We took them out that game

Regarding Shaheen, he's been underwhelming, but expectations were also WAY too high. The Baby Gronk nickname and measurables only get you so far. If you look at his physique, Gronk is way more chiseled and looks all around stronger and more athletic. Definitely not writing the kid off, but coming from a small school and being as new to the position as he is, I think we're all seeing he needs time.

Week 1: Atlanta Falcons (0-0) @ Chicago Bears (0-0) | 9-10 | 12:00 pm CDT

Upset special Bears win 21-17
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Upset special Bears win 21-17
    does glennon get injured in the first after we are down 14 to 0. then a great rally by mitch.

I find it hard to believe that Glennon will be able to move the ball for 21 points.

im giving us 13 points at best defense will have to hold a great offense

over/under

Mike glennon gets booed off the field during our first home game.

if so. what quarter.

Tight ends usually take a little while to adjust to the NFL. I say we give him some time before we trash him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    over/under

Mike glennon gets booed off the field during our first home game.

if so. what quarter.
    He'll be booed off the field on his first 3 and out, imo...... Especially if it looks like the Browns preseason game with 3 handoffs for nothing.

As for the quarter? It'll either be first quarter or second quarter.

Glennon has to ball out. He doesn't have much room for error with the hype around Mitch and the fans desire to see the rook. Even a decent Glennon will be met with people being unimpressed and wanting to see what Trubs could do. If I'm Glennon, I'm calling this the kill or be killed season. I'm actually pulling for him because it would be amazing if Pace could trade him for something decent next year. If Glennon plays great and the Bears get a 2nd or dare I say it, even a 1st for him, I could easily wait another year to see Trubs take over.

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast