Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Have you ever posted a thread and then just totally ditched it?

Normally when I make a thread I am very interested in the topic. I post repeatedly and reply to comments throughout. Often getting in good discussions or deep debates. That's why you sign up for an internet forum right?

Anyway, I created a post in the NBA forum that is currently going about a teacher creating a hand-out that essentially calls Durant out for taking the easy way. "Don't be...a Kevin Durant." I am a teacher and a huge basketball fan so this topic was right in my wheel house. Then a day went by and I forgot about the thread and another day. And then I just didn't feel like hopping in the debate. It's hardly a record long thread but it has over 200 posts, I don't read it, and I am pretty sure I just have the OP as my 1 and only post.

Can you think of a time you posted a thread and it got decent traction but you just totally ditched it and let other people have the discussion?

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

It has happened to me a ton of times. Many times it's from me stating my opinion, not caring to actually debate it, and it just happens to breed conversation. I would guess I follow up with more posts in about 80% of the threads I post in, but as you can see by my ridiculous post count, that leaves a lotta mozza balls hanging out there

Like a week ago

In the music forum I made a thread about hip hop soundtracks and only one person replied so I didn't want to just have a 1-1 convo (shout out to Cityoftreez though) and I left it alone.

I'm also guilty of numerous times typing out a post and deleting it instead of submitting it.

Sometimes I srart conversations, lose interest. and walk away when others respond.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I feel like this thread is a setup. As in we never again hear from knicksorbust on this thread.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

That's what I was expecting as well.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown:31832439
    I feel like this thread is a setup. As in we never again hear from knicksorbust on this thread.
    I wish my mind worked like that sometimes. No I legit ghosted my own thread and was surprised it got such traction and was interested to see if anyone else had a similar experience.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I wish my mind worked like that sometimes. No I legit ghosted my own thread and was surprised it got such traction and was interested to see if anyone else had a similar experience.
    lol

Yeah. I've done it. A few times. Like others stated, You post a thread about one thing and people run in another direction or it blows up and your'e like WTF?

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Not really.

I've started more threads in the MLB section than anywhere else, and there isn't a lot of activity in that section, so I tend to see those threads out.

But I started a NBA thread once that people got into an off topic bickering match that I stopped checking in on. But that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Not really.

I've started more threads in the MLB section than anywhere else, and there isn't a lot of activity in that section, so I tend to see those threads out.

But I started a NBA thread once that people got into an off topic bickering match that I stopped checking in on. But that's about it.
    that describes over half the NBA forum.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    I've started some threads, didn't respond or follow because I got sidetracked and distracted by real life.......
    Couldn't Make The Cut As A Denver Broncos Cheerleader

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011