Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What I Do Not Understand About Carmelo Anthony

I guess you could put this in another thread but since no one has posted in the Carmelo Thread for 0ne week , I thought I would post it anew.

Anthony will be a Free Agent after this season , so will Lebron James, Chris Paul and Dwayne Wade.

They have all expressed a desire to play together on the same team.

Why doesn't Anthony waive his no trade clause, go to a team that has a good chance to make the playoffs , collect his huge salary, and then next year team up with his buddies? If there is this great desire to all play together , none of them need maximum contracts , they all have plenty of money , I am am sure they can work something out to each take less money. Lebron and Wade did it in Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave:31830114
    I guess you could put this in another thread but since no one has posted in the Carmelo Thread for 0ne week , I thought I would post it anew.

Anthony will be a Free Agent after this season , so will Lebron James, Chris Paul and Dwayne Wade.

They have all expressed a desire to play together on the same team.

Why doesn't Anthony waive his no trade clause, go to a team that has a good chance to make the playoffs , collect his huge salary, and then next year team up with his buddies? If there is this great desire to all play together , none of them need maximum contracts , they all have plenty of money , I am am sure they can work something out to each take less money. Lebron and Wade did it in Miami.
    Because of the tax differences in FLA, didn't they actually make equal or more money than signing with a team in another state with higher taxes? Essentially not taking less money..... That's what I thought.

Maybe he wants some sort of stability? Instead of team hopping from this team to another team, he just wants to get with Cp3 and Harden, resign with Houston and compete for a Chip until he retires. The other teams are in a state of flux, or possible flux with their rosters. Im actually not sure what he's thinking. I just want him to let the Knicks trade him and get something out of the deal.

He is releasing a hoodie soon. Better for business to do this in NYC. Also his son is there. He's in no need to go somewhere else, except for where he wants to. Its a stand off for now.
    `

To torture us.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Because of the tax differences in FLA, didn't they actually make equal or more money than signing with a team in another state with higher taxes? Essentially not taking less money..... That's what I thought.
    You're right. Also the max was much smaller then and they only had to take $2-3 million less than the max to make it work. Now, each player would have to leave tens of millions of dollars on the table. Big difference...

Because he always wanted to be in NY. When the sh-t hit the fan, especially last year and after the season, it was clear that management did not want him here so he responded with a desire to go to the team of his choice. If the deal doesn't suit him, he stays. He is near his kid and gets to stay in the city and team he loves. what's so friggin' hard to figure that out?

Instead of moving his kids twice in a year and leaving a city he loves he could just wait 1 year and go where ever he wants to set up shop for a while.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    Instead of moving his kids twice in a year and leaving a city he loves he could just wait 1 year and go where ever he wants to set up shop for a while.
    But he could probably request a trade today to a desired destination and sign an extension to that same place if they wanted him, so he could theoretically do the same thing this year.

I agree about moving his kid twice in a year, except that he's not with Lala so the boy might not be moving even if he does.
    I think he has one place he wants to play and if he doesn't go there he will be ok playing here. I also think the Tank fans will be disappointed if he does.
    I really like how this FO is handling it. It's a non story. I get the feeling they will go into the season with him and if he is playing well and the team is a cusp playoff team or worse, they will move him a the deadline but if the team looks good, they may keep him around for a push.
    I know people are anxious to get this done one way or the other but patience will serve this team very well.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

This argument seems to be built on a faulty premise that Carmelo Anthony wants to opt out of the final year of his contract. I don't think he does, and therein lies the hangup that the destination needs to make sense for two years. There's little evidence that Carmelo wants to make risky decisions with his contracts. He appears very risk averse in this area.

Yeah, but right now the Knicks need to make money match and don't want dumb contract/s back. So he can't just pick any team. He wants Houston but after getting CP3 all they have to trade is Ryan Anderson and their only asset is Capella and picks. And that would leave them bare and us with a much worse contract.

So its not as easy as pick your spot. And why would he want to move to 2 teams in a short time span when he still loves living here and he can pick his spot with more freedom later.

If he cant get to where he wants, hes just going to wait. If he's not traded he should come out and say "im going to refocus my efforts to helping the Knicks win and grooming these young guys into a great team" something to that extent to start the season on the positive. The door is open for that now with Phil gone. What ever happens later happens. But its too close to game one for this not being settled.

Quote Originally Posted by KnickNyKnick View Post
    If he cant get to where he wants, hes just going to wait. If he's not traded he should come out and say "im going to refocus my efforts to helping the Knicks win and grooming these young guys into a great team" something to that extent to start the season on the positive. The door is open for that now with Phil gone. What ever happens later happens. But its too close to game one for this not being settled.
    Couldn't agree with you more.

Quote Originally Posted by KnickNyKnick View Post
    I suppose its really the best we can hope for at this point
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

Melo got Hos in all 5 boros ... tough to give that up being he is a big family man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast