Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NBA All-Time No MVP Redraft RULES

Really simple concept, we all draft a team of all-time great NBA players that the forums will then vote on to determine the winner. This will be like any other All-Time redraft with a few exceptions.

Rules:

1) Snake draft; the first pick of the first-round will pick last in the second and vice versa.

2) There will be 10 rounds, you have to finish the game with 10 players. So trades are 1:1, 2:2, 3:3, etc.

3) No player who ever won the MVP award in the NBA or ABA is eligible to be drafted. Here's a list of players you cannot select.

4) Statistics used in the game will be fuelled by only one season. It doesn't matter that X was great 10 years in a row, we're playing an all-time game and assuming all stars are at their peak. You get to pick the year and that's that. I.e. Dale Ellis 1988-89.

5) You can't start more than two players who played a single game in the '00s on. (To be clear, if he played in the 99-00 season but not in 00-01, he still counts as a '00s player.)

6) You can't start more than three players who played a single game in the '90s on.

7) You can't circumvent the rules by starting a guy and yanking him after five minutes for another current player. Edit: Starters have to play 24 minutes minimum.

8) You must notify the next team up when you've picked. (Via vm so we can confirm you did it.)

9) Round 1 is a six hour clock, rounds 2-5 are a four hour clock, and rounds 6-8 are on a three hour clock. Rounds 9 & 10 are a FFA that I will post and open at a later decided date.

10) If you're online and up, you have 30 minutes until you may be skipped.
    Last edited by Ebbs; 09-02-2017 at 12:06 PM.

Love the rules. I'm cool with everything.

I'd prefer MVPs but without it might be pretty fun too. I'll co with L4S.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I'd prefer MVPs but without it might be pretty fun too. I'll co with L4S.
    It was pre-decided way back we'd try the no MVP draft. And it feels more necessary than ever after that god awful Jordan team won the whole thing.

LeBron, Kobe, Shaq, Jordan name value has always tilted these game and the voter base on here has always sucked. Forcing guys to look beyond those names adds a new dynamic.

Looks good to me

the one year peak is just as big a deal as the no mvp's. how many guys have had 1 monster year?

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    the one year peak is just as big a deal as the no mvp's. how many guys have had 1 monster year?
    Many. It widens the pool for sure.

Making it easy to control F (undraftables):

Code:
    Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 
    Michael Jordan
    Bill Russell	
    Wilt Chamberlain	
    LeBron James	
    Larry Bird	
    Julius Erving	
    Magic Johnson	
    Moses Malone	
    Stephen Curry
    Mel Daniels	
    Tim Duncan	
    Karl Malone	
    Steve Nash	
    Bob Pettit	
    Charles Barkley	
    Kobe Bryant	
    Bob Cousy	
    Dave Cowens	
    Billy Cunningham	
    Kevin Durant	
    Julius Erving	
    Kevin Garnett	
    Artis Gilmore	
    Connie Hawkins	
    Spencer Haywood	
    Allen Iverson	
    Bob McAdoo	
    George McGinnis	
    Dirk Nowitzki	
    Shaquille O'Neal	
    Hakeem Olajuwon	
    Willis Reed	
    Oscar Robertson
    David Robinson	
    Derrick Rose	
    Wes Unseld	
    Bill Walton	
    Russell Westbrook

Goood stuff^.

5) You can't start more than two players who played a single game in the '00s on. (To be clear, if he played in the 99-00 season but not in 00-01, he still counts as a '00s player.)
    Are we talking about the peak year or any year (including years smaller role years)? For example, one-year peak for Ewing is 1989-1990, but he played a little past the year 2000. Is he considered a 00's player now or not because his peak was 80's/90's? Same would apply for Scottie Pippen.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    Are we talking about the peak year or any year (including years smaller role years)? For example, one-year peak for Ewing is 1989-1990, but he played a little past the year 2000. Is he considered a 00's player now or not because his peak was 80's/90's? Same would apply for Scottie Pippen.
    both considered 00s

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    Yes as stated earlier. These rules are meant to be a pain in the *** so you can't stack a team full all big names and current faces. It doesn't matter what year you choose for a players peak, if you choose 88 but he played even one game in the '00s he's a '00s player.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post

7) You can't circumvent the rules by starting a guy and yanking him after five minutes for another current player. Edit: Starters have to play 24 minutes minimum.
    Theoretically, I can technically start someone from the 70s or something for 1 minute at SF and have him play the remaining 23 mins as the backup SG right (and have current players fill in the remaining 47 minutes at SF)?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Theoretically, I can technically start someone from the 70s or something for 1 minute at SF and have him play the remaining 23 mins as the backup SG right (and have current players fill in the remaining 47 minutes at SF)?
    No come on guys let's not play loop hole city. I'm not a nice commish, this is an authoritarian game. Play as it's intended or I'll just make rules up as I go to further constrict people.

24 minuts at SF and 1 minute at SF and 23 minutes at SG is 24 minutes regardless.

A rotation in game NEVER follows a depth chart. Why are you doing that now?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast