Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    He is a long way from being the problem. But I don't think he is a solution either. He was brought to Oakland to rush the passer.
    https://www.silverandblackpride.com/...-up-or-shut-up
    Honestly felt that article was a little pushed. He had 8 sacks but also was like 2nd in the NFL with 5 forced fumbles and did a great job setting the edge. He could have the exact same stats next year and Id still be happy. Sure more is better but he was great last year.

Never Forget

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    He is a long way from being the problem. But I don't think he is a solution either. He was brought to Oakland to rush the passer.
    https://www.silverandblackpride.com/...-up-or-shut-up
    Its been easy for QBs to let it go quickly as our coverage has been off zone or step into pocket as no middle pressure. Change those two things Irvin will get more sacks, Mack will go off chart

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Honestly felt that article was a little pushed. He had 8 sacks but also was like 2nd in the NFL with 5 forced fumbles and did a great job setting the edge. He could have the exact same stats next year and Id still be happy. Sure more is better but he was great last year.
    Totally agree Hunter, I changed my views on Irvin after watching end of last season again. He was good.

I am more sold on Hester that I am Vanderdont. Who else feels this way? Not that I think either will have more than 4 sacks, I think Hester will have a better shot at collapsing the pocket.

Who's with me on the Vita Vea draft train?

N. Cog Neato Phil MaGroin

Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    I am more sold on Hester that I am Vanderdont. Who else feels this way? Not that I think either will have more than 4 sacks, I think Hester will have a better shot at collapsing the pocket.
    Love me some Hester.

Speaking of LB's...how about Eric Walden from the Colts? There's not much out there.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Speaking of LB's...how about Eric Walden from the Colts? There's not much out there.
    He is a LB but not really the kind we are looking for. He is more of an edge rusher. Not a coverage guy and not good against the run either.

Never Forget

At this point, I would almost prefer that RM make a trade for a LB or CB. He can get the picks back later.

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerSophist View Post
    At this point, I would almost prefer that RM make a trade for a LB or CB. He can get the picks back later.
    The comp pick formula is tough to figure out but the projects are Raiders are likely looking at 3 or 4 5th-7th round picks. Reggies dream picks. With them expecting to earn extra this year maybe he could be more inclined to make a trade but honestly still not sure I see it happening.

Never Forget

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    The comp pick formula is tough to figure out but the projects are Raiders are likely looking at 3 or 4 5th-7th round picks. Reggies dream picks. With them expecting to earn extra this year maybe he could be more inclined to make a trade but honestly still not sure I see it happening.
    Yeah, I agree, I don't see him making a trade, but it is nice to dream!

Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    Our 7th round picks might well save our scouting departments jobs at this rate. Weird trend going on

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Our 7th round picks might well save our scouting departments jobs at this rate. Weird trend going on
    Although not perfect TJ Carrie, Dexter McDonald, Treyvone Hester, Shalom Luani, Brice Butler(traded for a 5th), Vadal Alexander. 2 rookies then others who have made an impact. His 6th have some good hits too. Then add his UDFA's and evens solid as well. Hopefully our round 2-4th can have a good impact this year from both our rookies and some of our 2nd and 3rd year picks.

Never Forget

Lamar Houston released. If healthy, he could be good for depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Lamar Houston released. If healthy, he could be good for depth.
    If we get into shootouts, and you can bet on it, the D will be out there a long time, and they will need reinforcements. Houston played decent ball for us. He had a good nose for the ball.

If we get into shootouts, and you can bet on it, the D will be out there a long time, and they will need reinforcements. Houston played decent ball for us. He had a good nose for the ball.
    Makes too much sense, won't happen... although he was released due to injury, that's RM liking

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast