Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Good trade for both teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Except I heard on the radio yesterday that the Astros are .500 since the middle of June, and they've had a sub .500 August. Is this a team that peaked too early?
    Their pitching has been pretty poop. They still have a lethal offense, solid pen, Verlander helps in what they needed. They should still be a feared team come playoff time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Like Halladay leaving Toronto, I'm sure Tigers fans feel the same about losing Verlander. Now let's hope, for the Tigers sake, the deal doesn't pan out the way the Halladay deal did for Toronto.

I'm absolutely loving this Houston team. To me it feels like it has to be the Astros vs the Dodgers in the WS. What a story for Houston too with Harvey.
    That would be something.

Have to think this will be a big moment for Verlanders career. What if he pitches the Astros to a WS? How much would that improve his chances at the HOF?

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Can't believe that they got Daz Cameron for him...
    They got a better prospect than Daz Cameron in Franklin Perez. A 19 year old RHP in AA putting up a 3.09ERA. Kind of surprised that's like 3 people who mentioned Daz Cameron but no one mentions Franklin as the best prospect in the deal.

I'm surprised that no team lower in the standings put in a claim for Upton, Phillips, or Verlander. A lot of times teams do that just to block a trade. Why didn't Texas do that for all of 'em? Doesn't mean you're stuck with actually trading for them, but you prevent teams above you.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I'm surprised that no team lower in the standings put in a claim for Upton, Phillips, or Verlander. A lot of times teams do that just to block a trade. Why didn't Texas do that for all of 'em? Doesn't mean you're stuck with actually trading for them, but you prevent teams above you.
    That's a really good point. Its hard for me to believe all these teams were asleep at the wheel.

They all realize Verlander name bigger than game at this point.

Both of the position players are talented, but in the low minors and will take some time to be ready for the bigs. Perez could be ready for Detroit in a year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by natsbats View Post
    Of course he isn't totally what he once was but he is on fire post all star break for the 3rd year in a row. That plus extensive playoff experience is a real horrible thing to acquire for a stretch run.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Agreed, especially all of the wild card teams. They just let Houston get better after the Ju;y 31st trade deadline when they could have blocked it. Maybe it's one of those "unwritten rules" or whatever, but its stupid if thats the case.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Agreed, especially all of the wild card teams. They just let Houston get better after the Ju;y 31st trade deadline when they could have blocked it. Maybe it's one of those "unwritten rules" or whatever, but its stupid if thats the case.
    I still don't get it to be honest. It's rather procedural. Teams are quick to put almost every player on revocable waivers, why not block a deal to make a division rival better?

Jerry Blevins was blocked through waivers this year. Why not Justin Upton or Justin Verlander?
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-03-2017 at 10:11 PM.

Adding Verlander makes the Astros World Series favorites in the AL.
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    Adding Verlander makes the Astros World Series favorites in the AL.
    Its still probably close between them and Cleveland. Cleveland has the better rotation and better bullpen when heatlhy. The Astros obvously have the best lineup in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by natsbats View Post
    I guess they (and you) were wrong on this one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast