Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Justin Upton traded to the Angels

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the Angels are close to acquiring Justin Upton from the Tigers.
    Rosenthal adds that Upton's opt-out clause for after this season is not part of the negotiations, so the Angels would be taking a bit of a risk here that he might only be a rental. The 30-year-old outfielder is owed $88.5 million on a contract that runs through 2021. He holds a career-best .904 OPS with 28 home runs, 94 RBI, 10 stolen bases, and 81 runs scored through 125 games this season with Detroit.
    via rotoworld

Upton Potentially to the Angels

Ken Rosenthal has reported that the Tigers and Angels are close to a deal for Justin Upton. If this goes through...It suffices to say that I'd be pretty shocked. I wonder would the potential get is...

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...on-angels.html

You beat me by half a second! Can you merge them?

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    You beat me by half a second! Can you merge them?
    Don't have the power sadly. I reported it though so somebody will come by and do it eventually.

Also sounds like Maybin is getting dumped by LAA so my guess is they are hoping Upton stays for a while.

#Tigers will get pitcher Grayson Long from #Angels in the Justin Upton trade
    via Jerry Crasnick

#9 prospect in the Angels system

After a long season at Texas A&M, the Angels didn't let Long, their third-round pick in 2015, throw a whole lot during his summer debut, figuring he'd get a full season's workload in the following year. That proved to be wishful thinking as Long only managed 65 innings during the regular season because of injuries, though he did make up for some lost time in the Arizona Fall League.

Long has the makings of a workhorse-type starting pitcher, with a strong and durable frame and a solid three-pitch mix. He can pitch off of his fastball well, a pitch that will sit around 90, but he can reach back and crank up close to 95 mph at times. It plays up because of its life and because of his ability, when he's on, to locate it well. His secondary stuff needs to develop, but his slider will flash above-average and he does have feel for a decent changeup. Long struggled with his control particularly in the AFL, but that was more likely caused by his lack of work during the season.

Long threw half the amount of innings the Angels hoped he would in 2016, so a healthy 2017 has been key to him finding consistency on the mound, allowing him to reach Double-A. He still has the tools and body to develop into a solid Major League starter.
    Scouting report via mlbpipeline

Looks like Graysin will maybe be a 3-5 starting pitcher so that is cool

I am also reading that the Tigers are being aggresive trying to move Verlander, greene, and Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    Looks like Graysin will maybe be a 3-5 starting pitcher so that is cool

I am also reading that the Tigers are being aggresive trying to move Verlander, greene, and Wilson.
    Especially if guys like Matt Boyd, Buck Farmer, and maybe even Norris can't get it done. Although, at least with DN, there have been flashes of greatness just a lack of control.

surprised we found a taker

How can you be surprised? seems to me everybody still thinks of Upton as the Tiger he was in his first 2 months. In the last 12-14 months, he's been one of the best hitters on the planet. The only reason I'm not super pissed is because he said he was gonna opt out.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    How can you be surprised? seems to me everybody still thinks of Upton as the Tiger he was in his first 2 months. In the last 12-14 months, he's been one of the best hitters on the planet. The only reason I'm not super pissed is because he said he was gonna opt out.

I'm happy because we out of that massive contract. Maybe now we can give Stewart a shot or Gerber. Miggys contract and Victors are the 2 biggest albatrosses left

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    I'm happy because we out of that massive contract. Maybe now we can give Stewart a shot or Gerber. Miggys contract and Victors are the 2 biggest albatrosses left
    I don't mind giving Stewart a shot. I don't mind the deal considering the contract and the rebuild. But I don't see how it's surprising somebody would want him. He's been an absolute beast for awhile and now he gets to go bat behind Trout. I wish him all the luck in the world. He played hard while he was here and never complained even when everybody was crapping on him at the beginning.

Anyone know what our salary commitment is for 2018 at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    because AA sucks

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Zimmerman isn't cheap and what about Anibel Sanchez ?
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Zimmerman isn't cheap and what about Anibel Sanchez ?
    I forgot about Zimmerman tbh and Sanchez's contract expires at the end of the season so don't care about him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast