Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jaylen Brown '18

Obviously alot of talk about Kyrie, Hayward and Horford as our new "big 3" or whatever you want to call it.

But how far this team can go will really depend on the ancillary piece espescially Brown and Tatum and how they develop...

So what are your expectations for JB this upcoming season now that our roster is shaping up and it appears JB will likely be starting.

Is 14pts/5reb/2ast/1.2stl/.7blk too much to expect in year 2? My assumption is based of him playing around 30-32mpg...
    2015/2017 Superbowl Champs

I'd love to see him fill Crowdahs role and production. So yeah 14/5/2 sounds good to me.

People are so high on him I'd love to see him succeed

Per 36: 14.4/4.9/1.8

But he'll play about 29-30, so 13.6/3.8/1.4 per game. He's going to be coached to focus on D since we lost some, offense will be secondary with low pressure on him to produce - a perfect set-up to develop him.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Yeah I've read that Stevens wants him to become a lockdown defender this season guarding a lot of 1-2''s .....sounds like our starting SG to me

I rethought it, lots of baby birds in the C's nest that are bigger and need more food....

9.4/3.1/1.4 but with good supporting stats, and more scoring in playoffs due to bigger birds getting more D attention. It will be considered a good year.

Tatum is far harder to call. Could be 4.9/.8/.8 or could be 11.2/2.1/1.4. He's mature for his years and they need a green team scorer, so closer to the 2nd line.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    Yeah I've read that Stevens wants him to become a lockdown defender this season guarding a lot of 1-2''s .....sounds like our starting SG to me
    That's what I've been saying all last season... He's been working on his dribbling all off-season which will help him adjust if he ultimately ends up at the 2... AB wasn't the best ball handler either, but he made up for it on the defensive end and his shooting...

JB being 6'7" will be a nightmare for 2 guards... He's gonna have a solid season with more minutes, but I think 18'/19' will be his all around break out season... I feel he's gonna be a 20ppg player by year 3, because of his ability to drive and his FTA attempts should increase...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan2007 View Post
    Obviously alot of talk about Kyrie, Hayward and Horford as our new "big 3" or whatever you want to call it.

But how far this team can go will really depend on the ancillary piece espescially Brown and Tatum and how they develop...

So what are your expectations for JB this upcoming season now that our roster is shaping up and it appears JB will likely be starting.

Is 14pts/5reb/2ast/1.2stl/.7blk too much to expect in year 2? My assumption is based of him playing around 30-32mpg...
    Those stats sound about right, except I think the points will be a little lower. Probably around 12 or so if I had to guess. I do think he sees a massive spike in minutes though and that should help him to develop
    El Presidente

Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    Those stats sound about right, except I think the points will be a little lower. Probably around 12 or so if I had to guess. I do think he sees a massive spike in minutes though and that should help him to develop
    JB averaged 17.2 MPG in 78 games last year. He'll average between 26-32 MPG, probably closer to 30.

I believe in the kid, but he's 20 years and 314 days old today. Let's all hope DA was right and he's going to take the league by storm.

I think JB averages around 9pts/3.5rbs/1.5 assists for the first couple months around 25mpg but pours it on at the end averaging 11.5pts/4.5rbs/2assists over 28mpg the second half the year. It will probably take the team a little to gel and find roles for everyone, but once they settle in and JB gets comfortable I think he excels. I'm excited to see what he can bring this year after having an off season to fulling incorporate himself into the system and get his body on the teams workout/nutrition plan.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Good question is who will score more this season....Brown or Tatum?

Brown he will probably get more minutes

^ Assuming equal health, JB could double Tatum ~15, I'm quite sure it'll be at least 10. But like I said JB will be focused on D, and working hard. Tatum could log most of his minutes vs 2nd teams, and with that calm stroke found early in the season he could go: 12/2.5/1.5 in 19 MPG and JB could go 11.4/2.9/2.1 in 29 MPG.

If Morris can't get himself going well, and Tatum is scoring, later in the year Tatum's time could climb quickly.

With Horford at C, I really think he's got to get subbed a lot. 28.5-30.5 MPG - but shorter stints, and a few less minutes vs rough tough Centers. Otherwise he's going to wear down quickly.

To all: I say that same thing I did last year. If you don't find Horford's game useful and interesting to watch you don't know what you're looking at. He was the best player we had in the playoffs last year, and he was a major key to IT's success last year. LBJ could do something similar for IT, except he's much more ball dominant than Horford and so IT's FG's per game are taking a drop.

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    ^ Assuming equal health, JB could double Tatum ~15, I'm quite sure it'll be at least 10. But like I said JB will be focused on D, and working hard. Tatum could log most of his minutes vs 2nd teams, and with that calm stroke found early in the season he could go: 12/2.5/1.5 in 19 MPG and JB could go 11.4/2.9/2.1 in 29 MPG.

If Morris can't get himself going well, and Tatum is scoring, later in the year Tatum's time could climb quickly.

With Horford at C, I really think he's got to get subbed a lot. 28.5-30.5 MPG - but shorter stints, and a few less minutes vs rough tough Centers. Otherwise he's going to wear down quickly.

To all: I say that same thing I did last year. If you don't find Horford's game useful and interesting to watch you don't know what you're looking at. He was the best player we had in the playoffs last year, and he was a major key to IT's success last year. LBJ could do something similar for IT, except he's much more ball dominant than Horford and so IT's FG's per game are taking a drop.
    Kyrie with LBJ averaged 19.7 shots/game. IT averaged 19.4 here. I don't think IT's shots will go down significantly, if at all, in CLE. Of course assuming health.

Maybe they change things up and go to a more balanced scoring attack (i.e. Love gets more shots at the expense of IT) but I don't see LBJ changing. His offense will always be him dominating and then a second player getting ISOs when Lebron needs a rest. IT will be that second guy this year.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Kyrie with LBJ averaged 19.7 shots/game. IT averaged 19.4 here. I don't think IT's shots will go down significantly, if at all, in CLE. Of course assuming health.

Maybe they change things up and go to a more balanced scoring attack (i.e. Love gets more shots at the expense of IT) but I don't see LBJ changing. His offense will always be him dominating and then a second player getting ISOs when Lebron needs a rest. IT will be that second guy this year.
    KY had only 90% of the USG in Cle as IT had in Boston. Boston was very deficient in secondary scoring last year, so IT's USG of 34.0 was as high as he's ever going to see if he stayed here with GH or goes to Cle. Throw in his hip, and likely missing much of camp, and a slow start, give it the triple whammy with Love taking the #2 role, and IT's PPG and USG in Cle will not match last years in Boston - even if Love doesn't step up and take over.

6.6ppg, 2.0apg, 1.7spg, 3rpg. Will be Tony Allen 2.0. Not saying it's a bad thing, him being able to stay on the court and play defense against the team's best player will be critical to our success. On this team, his role on defense strongly out-weighs anything he can bring on offense. No more stupid fouls though. No more averaging almost the same amount of fouls per game as you do points. Enough of that ****. If he starts with that this year, ship him to the Red Claws.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast