• Keep Him

8 42.11%
  • Dump Him

5 26.32%
  • Just Tank already

6 31.58%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hornacek: Keep Him or dump him.....Why

In light of the reports stating Hornacek was the main reason KP ditched the exit meetings, is it time to start looking for a new coach (already and AGAIN)? Anyone think the relationship can be repaired or is this all just media hype blowing things out of proportion.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Unless you have a good replacement in mind and ready to go, I think you just keep him for now. Keep some element of consistency while the Melo situation works itself out and the team can breath.

I have zero problem with the message he sent to KP. I think it was pretty weak that he tried to do it through Willy.
    KP is a *****. He's soft. He gets bullied and he doesn't play D in the post. All that could change very quickly. He's a young and very talented player. If he wants to change it, he will but if he wants toe remain "The Unicorn" he may not.
    Hearing this made it even more bush league for him to skip the meetings. That's being a *****. Go in and tell those guys to their faces what they didn't to your's.
    Sending your brother to talk to the FO instead of picking up the phone is being a ***** and a diva.
    I have a feeling KP is in for a rude awakening this year, especially if Melo leaves. If fans feel like I do about KP and there are more than a few that do, I'm sure there are guys around the league that see it that way and they will want to shut him down.

To be clear, I am really happy KP is a knick. I hope he improves and becomes the player we all think he can be but he is a diva after two years and that's a bit concerning.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 08-31-2017 at 08:04 AM.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Unless you have a good replacement in mind and ready to go, I think you just keep him for now. Keep some element of consistency while the Melo situation works itself out and the team can breath.

I have zero problem with the message he sent to KP. I think it was pretty weak that he tried to do it through Willy.
    KP is a *****. He's soft. He gets bullied and he doesn't play D in the post. All that could change very quickly. He's a young and very talented player. If he wants to change it, he will but if he wants toe remain "The Unicorn" he may not.
    Hearing this made it even more bush league for him to skip the meetings. That's being a *****. Go in and tell those guys to their faces what they didn't to your's.
    Sending your brother to talk to the FO instead of picking up the phone is being a ***** and a diva.
    I have a feeling KP is in for a rude awakening this year, especially if Melo leaves. If fans feel like I do about KP and there are more than a few that do, I'm sure there are guys around the league that see it that way and they will want to shut him down.

To be clear, I am really happy KP is a knick. I hope he improves and becomes the player we all think he can be but he is a diva after two years and that's a bit concerning.
    Thats true, but we know most Euro's play soft, especially when they first get to the league. they say Horn wants to be tougher on his players because he has a reputation for being a ***** himself. Not sure if changing your tune at the expense of the future of the franchise through a buffer no less is a sign that your cut out to be hard nosed.

Both sides are in the wrong in some way, hopefully its not too late to salvage the coach-player relationship, only time will tell. But if it comes down to KP or Horny....

He really hasn't even coached. You're hired...coach triangle. What?! - Let's give him a chance first. and if the rift between KP and Horny is true, then KP needs to man up, and yeah, stop being soft.

Keep Jeff.He needs to run his own system instead of what Phil wanted him to do. After that, then decide.

I don't think we know much about Jeff as a coach yet to want to fire him. Players, coaches, and management don't have to get along. A functional, working relationship is all that matters. No need to fire him unless it spills over onto the court.

I was never inspired by the signing of Hornacek -- particularly when we had a shot at Thibs. My major beef with Phil was his choice of coaches. I would have rather kept Woodson than bring in Fisher (though to be fair Kerr was originally the guy. Would have been interesting to see how that played out. My guess -- a disaster.).

All that said -- unless you're bringing in a game changer, stick with Jeff. And trade KP.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Seats View Post
    I was never inspired by the signing of Hornacek -- particularly when we had a shot at Thibs. My major beef with Phil was his choice of coaches. I would have rather kept Woodson than bring in Fisher (though to be fair Kerr was originally the guy. Would have been interesting to see how that played out. My guess -- a disaster.).

All that said -- unless you're bringing in a game changer, stick with Jeff. And trade KP.
    wow really? You would really trade KP and keep Horny if it came down to an issue between coach an player? Now in some instances I can see that point as in a Dwight Howard type attitude having player, but KP hasnt shown that yet, and besides the he said she said, he's been the perfect Knick so far.

The coach always goes before the player, that is, if the player is a potential star.

Quote Originally Posted by PJAF View Post
    Keep Jeff.He needs to run his own system instead of what Phil wanted him to do. After that, then decide.
    I agree, the Knicks had a record of 16-9 starting off last season when Phil allowed Jeff to coach. Things went bad when Phil asked Jeff to implement more triangle.... those are documented facts. This team is more talented than last years team even with Rose gone because we have a Pg that will play D and move the ball around and our bench is not made up of all D-league caliber players. Sessions, Lee, LT/Kuz, Beasley, Q and Noah is a pretty damn good deep bench. People are down playing that big time.

You guys heard a rumor that Horny may be trying to challenge KP to play tougher, and now there's a thread " should horny be ousted???? lmao You guys ride KP's jock waaayy too hard. And after this summer of KP trolling Knick fans, he has a lot to prove on and off the court.

Estrada 2nd base
    Torres SS
    Judge RF
    Sanchez C
    Bird 1st base
    Frazier LF
    Andujar 3rd base
    Fowler CF

Bench: Wade and Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    You guys heard a rumor that Horny may be trying to challenge KP to play tougher, and now there's a thread " should horny be ousted???? lmao You guys ride KP's jock waaayy too hard. And after this summer of KP trolling Knick fans, he has a lot to prove on and off the court.
    If the rumor was just Horny wanting to challenge KP to play tougher that wouldnt be news. Thats what most NBA coaches urge their Euro players to do anyway.

But if you have a coach who is scared to talk to a player and has to tell the players friend to deliver a message, thats not coaching is it? If that coach cant reach the cornerstone and franchise player your team is staking its future on then yup, time to talk about " Da Boot"

KP was mad enough to skip exit meetings, they say because of Jackson, some say its Horny. Regardless it would be hard to believe its because of one statement. If its Horny then its never too early to talk about change. The relationship of star player and coach is very important dont you think.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksDynasty11 View Post
    If the rumor was just Horny wanting to challenge KP to play tougher that wouldnt be news. Thats what most NBA coaches urge their Euro players to do anyway.

But if you have a coach who is scared to talk to a player and has to tell the players friend to deliver a message, thats not coaching is it? If that coach cant reach the cornerstone and franchise player your team is staking its future on then yup, time to talk about " Da Boot"

KP was mad enough to skip exit meetings, they say because of Jackson, some say its Horny. Regardless it would be hard to believe its because of one statement. If its Horny then its never too early to talk about change. The relationship of star player and coach is very important dont you think.
    What star player? That's the issue in a nutshell. So many of you are ready to anoint KP a star when he's not even close. Let him earn his stripes and stop playing like a wuss....lol

Estrada 2nd base
    Torres SS
    Judge RF
    Sanchez C
    Bird 1st base
    Frazier LF
    Andujar 3rd base
    Fowler CF

Bench: Wade and Austin

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksDynasty11 View Post
    wow really? You would really trade KP and keep Horny if it came down to an issue between coach an player? Now in some instances I can see that point as in a Dwight Howard type attitude having player, but KP hasnt shown that yet, and besides the he said she said, he's been the perfect Knick so far.
    "Trade KP" was a joke. But although I know a team would never back a coach over a star player (or a wannabe star player like KP) the joke is a reflection of my sentiments about the modern spoiled player, more interested in "brands," fashion models, and social media than in doing what it takes to win -- starting with team ball. Hey -- win first -- then enjoy the spoils.

And KP "the perfect Knick so far"? Really? He's been a little Bieberish brat lately. I hope he grows out of it and becomes the MVP. But right now he is taking the wrong cues.

I've actually thought about this even before we fired Phil. It always rubbed me the wrong way that Horn let Phil ***** him in the middle of the season to change systems. Thats an automatic way to fail. Him going through Willy to say that is weird too. Calling someone a ***** to someone about someone else as a leader is not a good look. Other than that I really have no complaint with him. I think HIS system can be work in this league and we somewhat have the personnel so scoring shouldn't be a problem for us. *cough cough* its the defense. MO BAMBA

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast