Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    He will be motivated to play defense in the Finals so don't worry, he will do a fine job on Klay.
    I got no worries i know Wade can.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

By adding D-Wade, what do you guys think now?

Kinda reminds me of '03 when Payton and Malone went to the Lakers looking for a Ring

Leading Sports Media‏*@LeadingSports_ 3m
    3 minutes ago

More
    LeBron James considered ‘day to day’ after turning left ankle during Wednesday night's practice.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    He's had plenty of those. Usually something very minor and they want to just let it heal up before putting more pressure on it. I think it's actually a good thing that he's missing practice because that lets the other guys (Rose, Wade, Crowder) show more of what they can do at this point.

To me, Tristan Thompson has to rebound better against the Warriors (if they get there). He was not good in last year's Finals. If he plays like that again, I don't really think he's playable against them, but Love at center is not the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonFSU View Post
    To me, Tristan Thompson has to rebound better against the Warriors (if they get there). He was not good in last year's Finals. If he plays like that again, I don't really think he's playable against them, but Love at center is not the answer.
    Tristan was a huge disappointment in last year's Finals. Especially considering he was a monster in the 16' Finals. I guess the Kardashian curse is real.

Package Thompson, Shumpert, Nets pick at trade deadline for Cousins if Pelicans nose dive or feel they may lose Cousin next summer. Maybe even eat Asik just to get it done.

Package Thompson, Shumpert, Nets pick at trade deadline for Cousins if Pelicans nose dive or feel they may lose Cousin next summer. Maybe even eat Asik just to get it done.
    That actually seems like a lot for Cousins. When you look at what they gave up for him and that was for a year and a half contract remaining, I think Cavs might be able to get away with a Thompson+Shump+2nd round pick for Cousins. Thompson is a good complimentary piece for AD and Shump is still a capable player in the league. It all depends on what the Pelicans look like by midseason. Cavs shouldn't trade that 2018 1st rounder unless they're struggling hard. I'm not even sure Cousins makes them that much better. The delegating of shot possessions is going to rub some players off the wrong way.

I wish they throw in two future firsts and just go all in with AD.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    I wish they throw in two future firsts and just go all in with AD.
    One high pick, a couple of late 1sts and crappy salary filler won't get AD lmao

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    One high pick, a couple of late 1sts and crappy salary filler won't get AD lmao
    2018 1st round Brk pick
    2018 1st round Cavs pick
    2020 1st round Cavs pick
    Tristan Thompson
    Kevin Love
    Cedi Osman

all for Anthony Davis AND taking back Asik's contract.

IT/Rose
    Wade/Smith
    James/Korver
    Crowder/Frye
    Davis/Zizic

BELIEVELAND WE CHAMPS!!! 2016!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    2018 1st round Brk pick
    2018 1st round Cavs pick
    2020 1st round Cavs pick
    Tristan Thompson
    Kevin Love
    Cedi Osman

all for Anthony Davis AND taking back Asik's contract.

IT/Rose
    Wade/Smith
    James/Korver
    Crowder/Frye
    Davis/Zizic
    I don't believe CLE can trade their 2019 or 2020 pick because it will go to ATL potentially from the Korver deal. (Top 10 protected in 19 and then again in 2020, before they no longer have to give a 1st). And then because it could convey in 2020 they can't trade 2021 because that sets them up to trade away back to back years. So you have to update that 2020 pick to 2022.

A NO team trading away AD isn't gonna want Love. So he'd have to go to a 3rd team which is what CLE tried this year and couldn't get great offers. They almost pulled it off for PG13 because his value was so down but AD wouldn't be that type of scenario.

Thompson is a bad contract, especially for a rebuilding team. Getting rid of Asik to take him back doesn't do anything for a rebuilding team. If anything it hurts them because Asik at least preserves lottery odds better. Osman isn't any sort of blue chip trade piece and those CLE picks with such a great team are throw-ins at best. Maybe the 2022 pick could be decent but the NO GM who makes the deal won't care because he likely wouldn't last to use it.

You just threw all of CLE's assets up against the wall but do you realistically think other teams wouldn't top that offer for a transcendent player like AD? You don't think PHX with Josh Jackson and more high picks gets involved? BOS with Brown, Tatum, the Lakers/Kings pick? SAC with Fox, Hield, other young guys/picks? DEN with Murray, Harris, Barton, Hernangomez? DAL with Dennis Smith Jr. and probably at least one more lottery pick incoming? There's really just no reasonable scenario where that is the best package NO is offered for AD.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I don't believe CLE can trade their 2019 or 2020 pick because it will go to ATL potentially from the Korver deal. (Top 10 protected in 19 and then again in 2020, before they no longer have to give a 1st). And then because it could convey in 2020 they can't trade 2021 because that sets them up to trade away back to back years. So you have to update that 2020 pick to 2022.

A NO team trading away AD isn't gonna want Love. So he'd have to go to a 3rd team which is what CLE tried this year and couldn't get great offers. They almost pulled it off for PG13 because his value was so down but AD wouldn't be that type of scenario.

Thompson is a bad contract, especially for a rebuilding team. Getting rid of Asik to take him back doesn't do anything for a rebuilding team. If anything it hurts them because Asik at least preserves lottery odds better. Osman isn't any sort of blue chip trade piece and those CLE picks with such a great team are throw-ins at best. Maybe the 2022 pick could be decent but the NO GM who makes the deal won't care because he likely wouldn't last to use it.

You just threw all of CLE's assets up against the wall but do you realistically think other teams wouldn't top that offer for a transcendent player like AD? You don't think PHX with Josh Jackson and more high picks gets involved? BOS with Brown, Tatum, the Lakers/Kings pick? SAC with Fox, Hield, other young guys/picks? DEN with Murray, Harris, Barton, Hernangomez? DAL with Dennis Smith Jr. and probably at least one more lottery pick incoming? There's really just no reasonable scenario where that is the best package NO is offered for AD.
    I agree with you. I doubt NOLA takes that trade, and I'm sure they could find a better deal that gives them better potential at young player.

I just threw it up there for ***** and giggles. We've seen idiotic deals from GMs in the past, and in the very least if NOLA was looking to unload AD, they'd probably hesitate and think for a moment if presented with that offer.

BELIEVELAND WE CHAMPS!!! 2016!!!

I'd trade that Nets pick in a jiffy. Way before teams see where Nets land. Yeah people here think Nets are top 3 lottery. I doubt it. Also 2018 draft is only top heavy of maybe top 4 or 5 picks if they all come out. Then major drop off. Easily Hawks, Bulls, Knicks top 3. Then toss in Lakers and Suns and Mavs and Kings and many other tankers like Pacers and Pistons and Magic. That Nets pick is fool's gold now in my opinion. Yeah lottery. Not top of the lottery. Middle of the road lottery like 6 through 10. That's not sexy in a possibly weak draft.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast