Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Deeper yes, but overall talent takes a hit losing Irving and not being able to replace him with Thomas for months. And even then the likelihood IT is anywhere on last year's level coming back for a major hip injury is slim to none at least this year. Maybe I'd have more faith if Lue ran anything the resembled and actually offense and didn't rely so heavily on iso's for James and Irving and court spacing.
    Even with IT's hip injury, look at what the Cavs lost and instead, gained. Cavs don't need Kyrie as much as Kyrie needed the Cavs. You can find players like Kyrie to pair with LeBron. Might not be as effective but when you have an overall improved roster the way Cavs did this season, it makes up for it. Derrick Rose is a significant improvement from Deron Williams. They got Jae Crowder - who is instantly the Cavs fourth best player. Overall, I like this new roster. I think they're capable of winning games without LeBron, to be honest. I'd like if Cavs ran more plays to K.Love this season.. see if you can boost his trade value.

It's all about LBJ. If he's engaged (rumor has it they are shopping the Nets #1 pick they obtained). If that player is a real good fit with LBJ and Love, then the this year looks good, very good.

If they don't deal the pick, or the fit is meh, then LBJ is gone...

IT is a ball dominant scorer. He's not going to get the ball as much as last year. If his hip is an issue he may not do much.

Their bench is getting old, although an energy player like Crowder helps.

Peak? Duel with C's for 1st in the East, beat C's in ECF, lose to GS in 6.

Moderate? Make deal but IT hurt most of year, big 3 OK fit; C's get #1 seed, Cavs win in 6, lose to GS in 5

Poor? No trade of pick, or poor fit dealt for, every player knows LBJ is on way out of town, start playing shelfishly. IT hurt, C's get #1 seed, beat Cavs in 7, LBJ goes to LAL at end of season. C's lose to GS in 5.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

I think they went from

1. LBJ
    2. Kyrie
    3. Love

To

1. LBJ
    2. Love
    3. IT

Still not enough to dethrone the warriors. Warriors in 5 again

What does Felder and Thomas being the same height have anything to do with having chemistry with James?
    ?? did you not read what i posted before that? lol. Its not like Lebron and the cavs have a completely different style of player to work with. Thomas and Irving do a lot of the same things. So thats an easier transition then a PG who's the complete opposite of Irving. I only brought Height because they have experience passing to a smaller guy as well. Thats always nice.

Thomas and Irving are similar but certainly not the same. Irving ran ISO plays twice as much as Thomas(who is leaving a real coach) and play more of the ball. When the playoffs roll around 6'2 is a lot more difficult to contain than 5'9. The Cavs are good enough that they should still make the ECF with or without Thomas. Certainly if we assume IT is back and mostly 100% they are better than last year as a "team", but IMO still not a good matchup against the Warriors and they likely get swept this time around.
    How is Lue not a real coach? thats ignorant and disrespectful. Lue has been highly praised by pop, Doc Rivers etc... He ran a system that was best fitting for the personal. Irving hates running plays, thats something Stevens will have to figure out. Lue will gladly adjust the offense to fit his players. thats what any coach at any level would/should do.

So they are better then last year but will lose worse then last year? lol not sure how u figure that. But once again this is not the cavs final roster.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Lebron and Love are 25-10 when Irving doesn't play. I love Kyrie, but its so funny to me everyone acting like he's the goat now. When before i had to defend him so many times in this sports forum.

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Lebron and Love are 25-10 when Irving doesn't play. I love Kyrie, but its so funny to me everyone acting like he's the goat now. When before i had to defend him so many times in this sports forum.
    And if the person replacing Irving in those games was George hill they'd be 35-0 am I right

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

?? did you not read what i posted before that? lol. Its not like Lebron and the cavs have a completely different style of player to work with. Thomas and Irving do a lot of the same things. So thats an easier transition then a PG who's the complete opposite of Irving. I only brought Height because they have experience passing to a smaller guy as well. Thats always nice.

How is Lue not a real coach? thats ignorant and disrespectful. Lue has been highly praised by pop, Doc Rivers etc... He ran a system that was best fitting for the personal. Irving hates running plays, thats something Stevens will have to figure out. Lue will gladly adjust the offense to fit his players. thats what any coach at any level would/should do.

So they are better then last year but will lose worse then last year? lol not sure how u figure that. But once again this is not the cavs final roster.
    You introduce Felder into the discussion. I'm simply asking how that has anything to do with my assertion that Thomas height makes him less of a threat than Irving?

If Thomas is close to 100% of last year I'd say overall Cleveland is better with the addition of Crowder. However Thomas is a bad matchup for GS and by virtue of that they don't even win a game against the Warriors. It's not a contradiction or an attempt to overvalue Irving.

"Eighteen Twenty-five _______"

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    And if the person replacing Irving in those games was George hill they'd be 35-0 am I right

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    35-0? no you are wrong lol.

They look like they'll win the Eastern conference again. If/when they trade Shumpert/Frye/Net pick for Cousins and sign Wade all near the deadline they'll probably be the best team.

IT/Rose
    Wade/JR
    LeBron/Korver
    Love/Crowder
    Cousins/TT

Or whatever lineup they roll with. I do feel like Rose may be the odd man out in the rotation come playoff time and they'll start the 2nd quarter with:

Wade
    JR
    Korver or Crowder
    LeBron
    TT
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

People think he is better than IT, and that Thomas benefitted from Boston's system. So they seem to think Irving will also see a jump in output due to the system in Boston. And Irving doesn't have a Love in Boston to detract from.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    People think he is better than IT, and that Thomas benefitted from Boston's system. So they seem to think Irving will also see a jump in output due to the system in Boston. And Irving doesn't have a Love in Boston to detract from.
    Irving saw a lot of man coverage with the cavs because of Lebron, Love and the 3 point shooters they have. Gordon's a good player but he scares nobody. So Irving will see a lot more double teams and traps also the other teams best defenders every night that would usually be on Lebron. He also hates running plays. I love Stevens and im sure he will control Irving. But it'll take some time.

I also believe Irving is better then IT, its not by much though.

Sources tell me JR will move to the bench if/when Wade goes to Cleveland after his buyout and Wade will start.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Sources tell me JR will move to the bench if/when Wade goes to Cleveland after his buyout and Wade will start.
    I don't think thats smart. I would love for Wade to run with the 2nd team since rose will be starting.

I don't think thats smart. I would love for Wade to run with the 2nd team since rose will be starting.
    IT may be back by the time Wade comes.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast