Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    68-71 wins

Might be Lbj last season with the Cav's, so I am thinking he will give them a special season. Also Lbj should be motivated by the whole Kyrie situation.
    What do you think Cleveland's starting 5 will look like?

Seem they have a logjam at that 3 spot with LBJ, Crowder and Jeff Green.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    What do you think Cleveland's starting 5 will look like?

Seem they have a logjam at that 3 spot with LBJ, Crowder and Jeff Green.
    LeBron SF
    TT C
    Love PF
    Crowder SG/SF
    IT. Rose if IT isn't healthy. PG

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    The plan coming into last season was to rest James more and they couldn't because the team is bad without him on the court. Their likely to be worse this year without Irving.
    Incorrect. Cavs have a much better overall roster than last year. They have guys who can actually play minutes. James Jones/Felder and two others were waste of roster spots.

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Cavs don't really care too much about their record. They will rest players and have everyone healthy and ready for post season like last season.

Cavs are def better on defense. Irving is a horrible defender. he might be slightly better than thomas because of height but thats really it. Crowder and Rose will both improve the defense also. Jeff's Greens height will be nice also.
    This is why I think neither the Cavs nor Warriors will hit 70 wins. Once the playoff positioning they want is locked up, starters are going to get lots of rest. Mid 60s at best. They're looking at each other in June, not the rest of the league.

What people aren't talking about how the Cavs are allowed to trade thier first now and how attractive 1st, 2nd, Frye, Kay,and Shump is going to look to a rebuilding team. not to mention those trade excemptions sitting there.

Quote Originally Posted by carlessyen View Post
    What people aren't talking about how the Cavs are allowed to trade thier first now and how attractive 1st, 2nd, Frye, Kay,and Shump is going to look to a rebuilding team. not to mention those trade excemptions sitting there.
    No one wants a 1st that's going to be 28-30. Teams actively trade those away for cash to save money.

The plan coming into last season was to rest James more and they couldn't because the team is bad without him on the court. Their likely to be worse this year without Irving.
    Large part due to Irving. Kyrie was unable to step up when Lebron would rest. Also hurt that Lebrons backup was Jefferson lol. Having a deeper team will help big time )jeff green, rose, crowder etc...). Thomas is also a guy who has carried the Celtics quite abit last season so cavs believe he can take over when Lebron sits.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Large part due to Irving. Kyrie was unable to step up when Lebron would rest. Also hurt that Lebrons backup was Jefferson lol. Having a deeper team will help big time )jeff green, rose, crowder etc...). Thomas is also a guy who has carried the Celtics quite abit last season so cavs believe he can take over when Lebron sits.
    And Thomas likely won't be ready until around the All-star break. And likely not in NBA shape with little to no chemistry. Rose will be an expected starter while Crowder and Green improve the overall depth some, but neither of those players are enough to replace what Irving gave them and even that wasn't enough to rest James properly.

"Eighteen Twenty-five _______"

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Incorrect. Cavs have a much better overall roster than last year. They have guys who can actually play minutes. James Jones/Felder and two others were waste of roster spots.
    Deeper yes, but overall talent takes a hit losing Irving and not being able to replace him with Thomas for months. And even then the likelihood IT is anywhere on last year's level coming back for a major hip injury is slim to none at least this year. Maybe I'd have more faith if Lue ran anything the resembled and actually offense and didn't rely so heavily on iso's for James and Irving and court spacing.

I think there will finally be a competitive series in the Eastern Conference playoffs finally. Celtics are improved while the Cavs are slightly declining.

Quote Originally Posted by Balltime View Post
    I think there will finally be a competitive series in the Eastern Conference playoffs finally. Celtics are improved while the Cavs are slightly declining.
    Don't forget the Wiz

And Thomas likely won't be ready until around the All-star break. And likely not in NBA shape with little to no chemistry. Rose will be an expected starter while Crowder and Green improve the overall depth some, but neither of those players are enough to replace what Irving gave them and even that wasn't enough to rest James properly.
    We have no idea the time table for Thomas we will see. But far as chemistry it will take a short time. remember if Thomas was 6'2 him and Irving would be the same basketball player. Lebron has also played with Kay Felder whos 5'9 so the height difference won't be a huge change either.

Irving didn't give much once lebron went to the sidelines. Its tough to replace Lebron thats why many feel he's the GOAT. Cavs are not done either i expect another move to be made soon, then again near all-star break. Don't forget Wade will Join the Cavs at some point. So having him in when Lebron sits will be very nice. Yes Wade is not what he once was, but still a good player.

Cavs are going to have a very packed roster when playoffs come around. They will be deeper then the Warriors, maybe by a lot. But Warriors got that 4 headed monster. I expect these teams to meet again and prob a 6 or 7 game series.

Deeper yes, but overall talent takes a hit losing Irving and not being able to replace him with Thomas for months. And even then the likelihood IT is anywhere on last year's level coming back for a major hip injury is slim to none at least this year. Maybe I'd have more faith if Lue ran anything the resembled and actually offense and didn't rely so heavily on iso's for James and Irving and court spacing.
    Couldn't disagree more lol.

offense will be the same...defense will be better with crowder and tavares
    ....coooookie

We have no idea the time table for Thomas we will see. But far as chemistry it will take a short time. remember if Thomas was 6'2 him and Irving would be the same basketball player. Lebron has also played with Kay Felder whos 5'9 so the height difference won't be a huge change either.

Irving didn't give much once lebron went to the sidelines. Its tough to replace Lebron thats why many feel he's the GOAT. Cavs are not done either i expect another move to be made soon, then again near all-star break. Don't forget Wade will Join the Cavs at some point. So having him in when Lebron sits will be very nice. Yes Wade is not what he once was, but still a good player.

Cavs are going to have a very packed roster when playoffs come around. They will be deeper then the Warriors, maybe by a lot. But Warriors got that 4 headed monster. I expect these teams to meet again and prob a 6 or 7 game series.
    What does Felder and Thomas being the same height have anything to do with having chemistry with James?

Thomas and Irving are similar but certainly not the same. Irving ran ISO plays twice as much as Thomas(who is leaving a real coach) and play more of the ball. When the playoffs roll around 6'2 is a lot more difficult to contain than 5'9. The Cavs are good enough that they should still make the ECF with or without Thomas. Certainly if we assume IT is back and mostly 100% they are better than last year as a "team", but IMO still not a good matchup against the Warriors and they likely get swept this time around.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast