Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your Assessment of the Newly Looked 2017-18 Cleveland Cavaliers

What do you think of their roster, their additions and subtractions, and what do you think their starting 5 is going to look like on most nights?

Roster:

1) LeBron James
    2) Isaiah Thomas
    3) Jae Crowder
    4) Kevin Love
    5) Tristan Thompson
    6) Derrick Rose
    7) Jeff Green
    8) Jose Calderon
    9) Ante Zizic
    10) Cedi Osman
    11) JR Smith
    12) Richard Jefferson
    13) Channing Frye
    14) Kyle Korver
    15) Iman Shumpert
    16) Kay Felder
    17) Walter Tavares

Good enough to win the Eastern Conference. And even though the addition of Crowder helps them against the Warriors, I don't think IT would be as effective as Kyrie was against them.

"I AM THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFuffcVDKKg
    lol

I think they're better than last years version. If IT is healthy, no drop off there. Crowder is a perfect addition.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Good enough to win the Eastern Conference. And even though the addition of Crowder helps them against the Warriors, I don't think IT would be as effective as Kyrie was against them.
    i don't believe Thomas will be as effective either although i do believe he will be solid. But Derrick Rose is the X factor here. If Rose healthy for the post season he has the athletic ability to defend curry and scoring ability to hurt the warriors. Curry can't defend him. not that Curry can cover Thomas but more difficult.

To the original post. saying Boston trade goes through and Thomas returns this season thats a very sharp team. Would prob win the ship in 4 or 5 games if the Warriors did not exist. Its gonna be a battle if both teams make it back to finals healthy.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

awful on D and fantastic on O. easy eastern conf champs if healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    awful on D and fantastic on O. easy eastern conf champs if healthy.
    As we saw in the finals defense don't mean crap lol, kinda kidding. All about who can score the most. But i actually do believe the cavs defense will be better. Thomas and Irving are both bad defenders so u don't lose much there. But with some of the additions they should be better.

Dwayne Wade is figured to be on the team at some point. Cavs will prob look to add a HUGE piece at the trade deadline if they have good convos with lebron and feel he will stay. (Nets pick)
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Though I like Crowder, I don't like the loss of Kyrie. I still see them making the Finals but he path won't be as easy this year. Boston is better this year with Hayward and Kyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    i don't believe Thomas will be as effective either although i do believe he will be solid. But Derrick Rose is the X factor here. If Rose healthy for the post season he has the athletic ability to defend curry and scoring ability to hurt the warriors. Curry can't defend him. not that Curry can cover Thomas but more difficult.

To the original post. saying Boston trade goes through and Thomas returns this season thats a very sharp team. Would prob win the ship in 4 or 5 games if the Warriors did not exist. Its gonna be a battle if both teams make it back to finals healthy.
    He no longer has the ability to do either of those.

Jefferson, Shumpert, Calderon, Felder, Tavares, and Frye are among those that could be traded or cut before the season starts.

We'll be evaluating Osman and Zizic in training camp to see what we have.

So the most likely lineup we'll be using at the start of the season should look something like:

Thomas/Rose
    Smith/Korver
    James/Crowder/Green
    Love/Crowder/Green
    Thompson/Zizic

Small-ball/fast/versatile lineups might look like:

Thomas/Smith/James/Crowder/Thompson

While outside shooting lineups might look like:

Thomas/Smith/Korver/James/Love

Obviously, we can mix-n-match based on the situation (Smith/Korver/James/Crowder/TT for example). But we do have better defensive flexibility just by adding Crowder.

The versatility is there, and it helps tremendously to have guys like TT and Love who can rebound while being at the head of certain lineups. I think we're also faster and more athletic with guys like Crowder and Green instead of Jefferson and Frye.

Not to mention that we may make more additions to bolster our depth, especially if Wade is bought out and if LeBron hints at committing if we trade the Brooklyn pick along with other pieces for another all-star talent (I'm strongly against trading that pick unless LeBron shows he's clearly gonna commit after we dangle it in trade rumors). There's not that many guys out there that would help, but it's an option that may become more clear the closer we get to the deadline (and teams look to get rid of players).

I'm waiting for this deal to go down. I'm hoping we can snag a heavily protected 1st from Ainge to help us find a decent point guard that can fit in with our Bron-ball style offense in case IT turns out to be a vegetable.

Edit: Crowder could very well start at some point for the Cavs, especially if we ship Stumpert out (and JR is our backup wing). But he probably wouldn't get the starting nod at the beginning of the season.
    Last edited by Vee-Rex; 08-30-2017 at 03:00 PM.

BELIEVELAND WE CHAMPS!!! 2016!!!

seems like a hodge podge of random guys. Their identity doesnt exude on paper. I like the players they brought in, and if Rose can be better than hes been then that's a great pickup.

Crowder and Thomas and especially Thomas has Always played tough against the Warriors, tougher than Kyrie imo, so if he can get healhty they can maybe win another game in the finals.

I think Rose and IT will give them that playmaking they lacked when LeBron sat last yr. They are better than last yr and should easily be in the finals again. Barring injuries of course.

So yeah, Cavs and Warriors again. Yaaay.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post

Rose can't defend a chair let alone Steph Curry.

Still easily the best team in the east

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They're one of the best teams ever assembled. Unfortunately they're still not even close to GS. who's just that good.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Better than last year if IT is healthy. Worse if he's not.

But the pick was the real value of that trade. They now have an option if Bron bolts in Free Agency, and don't have to have a 4-5 year rebuild, but maybe 1-2 years.

And if he stays, then they can use that pick to continue to build around him and extend IT. They made their difficult situation a much better situation.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast