Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Yes! What has he done since the All Star break? What if he never adjusts? What if he is another Kevin Mass?

He has not shown any ability to repeat his 1st half....I'm not saying he had to crush 60 and hit .330 but a regression of .250 20 50 in the 2nd half would have been normal...his 2nd half numbers are too embarrassing to post
    i personally don't agree but IMO the smarter plan would be to let Judge play out next yr and see how he does, if he busts then go after Machado and Harper and spend the money on both of them. They are both younger and better all around players IMO. I think Judge will get it figured out but trading him for Stanton and the huge contract isn't the way to go IMO. Its way way to early to give up on Judge just like it was way to early to give up on Sevy.

U gotta remember these are still kids very early into there careers and they are going to go through growing pains. To expect Judge to keep up his 1st half pace was unrealistic. He was being called to new face of baseball after the HR derby and had so much pressure piled on him it was ridiculous. Most veterans would have struggled with that kind of pressure much less a guy who had less than a 100 games played.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Why would Stanton even think about opting out when his contract is heavily backload? He get most of his guaranteed money after year 4...

He is not opting out and Marlins will be looking for a trade partner..

Judge for Stanton is my deal.....At this point and time Judge is a bust! I don't care what he did prior the break..Since then the man is lost....and the Yankees can absorb a contract that of Stanton....

Bird
    Stanton
    Sanchez
    Maybe because he's on pace to hit more than 60 this year and if Harper is good enough for 40m/year.. why isn't stanton?

A very good and accurate question... (I realize Harper is younger... But at this point, stanton is just as special...)
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies
    3. Whoever is playing the Red Sox tonight!

No.

Look if Aaron's Judge floor is Adam Dunn with much better fielding, you have a great cost controllable asset until 2023. No reason for either the Marlins or Yankees to make that move.

We need to remember.. right now, Judge is a rookie.. he's getting a trial by fire and learning one of the toughest lessons for a new MLB player... one I've heard many Vets over the year say...

The biggest difference between AAA and MLB is how quickly the adjustments get made.. where it may take a year at AAA for pitchers to adjust... at the MLB level it's a matter of only a few weeks.

Judge has shown he can adjust.. but he's going to be learning that at the MLB level.. you have to be constant state of adjustment.. not wait until the offseason to fix the problems. It will come.. Just stop being the impatient George Stienbrenner type... because once Judge gets it figured out, He'll be really special..
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies
    3. Whoever is playing the Red Sox tonight!

Mush is the best

Judge hit a double last night, but he did so by pulling an outside pitch. Then he pulled another one and grounded to third. He did fly out to right center, so that was actually the best swing, because he went with the pitch.

He'll get there. Bird's hitting might take some pressure off Judge and he'll relax.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Judge hit a double last night, but he did so by pulling an outside pitch. Then he pulled another one and grounded to third. He did fly out to right center, so that was actually the best swing, because he went with the pitch.

He'll get there. Bird's hitting might take some pressure off Judge and he'll relax.
    I think Judge will get there also. I don't think u can discount the difference in Judges performance since Holliday hasn't been around, I really think Judge benefited a lot from having him around.
    I think Bird has looked surprisingly good since he's been back considering how much time he's missed. Hopefully he can keep it going and take a little pressure off Judge and Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I think Judge will get there also. I don't think u can discount the difference in Judges performance since Holliday hasn't been around, I really think Judge benefited a lot from having him around.
    I think Bird has looked surprisingly good since he's been back considering how much time he's missed. Hopefully he can keep it going and take a little pressure off Judge and Sanchez
    The sound of Holliday's home run off his bat, kind of startled me. Really sounded good in the stadium. You just knew, lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12