Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Judge for Stanton?

With the Marlins more than likely trading Giancarlo Stanton in the offseason and with already 5 teams interested should the Yankees get involved?

The new ownership wants to shed payroll and obviously Stanton is a lot of that so the Yankees could get their man by trading Aaron Judge, who would be cost effective for the Marlins and the Yankees get susperstar that is already proven.

I'd do it in a heartbeat! I do not care what the backside of his contract shows the man is a proven beast with the bat and still young!

I do not trust Judge anymore as his 2nd half numbers look awful and showing no signs of coming out of his slide.....He knows what he has to do and he still can't make the adjustments...Trade him for Stanton and call it a day!
    Nick

Sure bc their contracts are really similar so we'd barely be adding any payroll.
    And Stanton has proven to be the model of health during his career.
    And Judge will forever play as bad as he has in the 2nd half. Just like Stanton will forever play at a ~15 hr per month pace he's currently been on.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Sure bc their contracts are really similar so we'd barely be adding any payroll.
    And Stanton has proven to be the model of health during his career.
    And Judge will forever play as bad as he has in the 2nd half. Just like Stanton will forever play at a ~15 hr per month pace he's currently been on.

Truth!

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Wow just wow ....
    #BringBackMatty

The Marlins would have to pay Stanton's entire contract.

At least you didn't ask us to throw in Severino, Torres, Frazier and Seffield also.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post

At least you didn't ask us to throw in Severino, Torres, Frazier and Seffield also.
    If the Marlins paid his entire contract then why in the world would they trade him for Judge?

Stanton is good... but they'll struggle to shed his contract AND get back anything of the level of Judge... We're talking a return of McKinney/Cave if they want us to take that contract too... Judge only if they eat the contract (which rather defeats the purpose of the deal in the first place)...

Not to mention.. Stanton has an opt out coming up... So what if YOU don't trust judge... most do.. He'll make the adjustments.. he's a young player getting his feet wet for the first time... he'll get there...

Next year... maybe he should skip the Derby... it may not have changed his swing.. but it changed his thought process... which is just as bad.
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies
    3. Whoever is playing the Red Sox tonight!

u wanna get rid of the Lock for the AL rookie of the yr who is leading the AL in hrs and is top 5 in a few other hitting categories who is making about 600G a yr for a guy who has a history of being hurt scheduled to make about 30m for the next 10 yrs? seriously?? just cause Judge has had a bad 2nd half. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    u wanna get rid of the Lock for the AL rookie of the yr who is leading the AL in hrs and is top 5 in a few other hitting categories who is making about 600G a yr for a guy who has a history of being hurt scheduled to make about 30m for the next 10 yrs? seriously?? just cause Judge has had a bad 2nd half. SMH

If I read that without knowing what was posted, I would have been 99.9% sure it was Nicky.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

The people who hated Judge last year and wanted to trade him as a throw in because he was struggling are the same type of people who want to trade him now.

Those of us that stood behind him, still do.

Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    Stanton is good... but they'll struggle to shed his contract AND get back anything of the level of Judge... We're talking a return of McKinney/Cave if they want us to take that contract too... Judge only if they eat the contract (which rather defeats the purpose of the deal in the first place)...

Not to mention.. Stanton has an opt out coming up... So what if YOU don't trust judge... most do.. He'll make the adjustments.. he's a young player getting his feet wet for the first time... he'll get there...

Next year... maybe he should skip the Derby... it may not have changed his swing.. but it changed his thought process... which is just as bad.

Why would Stanton even think about opting out when his contract is heavily backload? He get most of his guaranteed money after year 4...

He is not opting out and Marlins will be looking for a trade partner..

Judge for Stanton is my deal.....At this point and time Judge is a bust! I don't care what he did prior the break..Since then the man is lost....and the Yankees can absorb a contract that of Stanton....

Bird
    Stanton
    Sanchez
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Yes! What has he done since the All Star break? What if he never adjusts? What if he is another Kevin Mass?

He has not shown any ability to repeat his 1st half....I'm not saying he had to crush 60 and hit .330 but a regression of .250 20 50 in the 2nd half would have been normal...his 2nd half numbers are too embarrassing to post
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Yes! What has he done since the All Star break? What if he never adjusts? What if he is another Kevin Mass?

He has not shown any ability to repeat his 1st half....I'm not saying he had to crush 60 and hit .330 but a regression of .250 20 50 in the 2nd half would have been normal...his 2nd half numbers are too embarrassing to post
    Are Bird's April numbers embarrassing to post. Yes. Is he injury prone? Too soon to tell. Was he a malingerer. No. However, he complained about pain and they couldn't find the problem for several months.

Judge wraps his shoulder in ice every night. However, he never complains. What if he suddenly gets a cortisone shot and has better range of motion and no longer wraps his shoulder in ice. I'll bet that the Yankees consider it after the Red Sox series.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post

If you can pull that off you'd be the GM of the century...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast