Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 103 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by twellner9 View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/r...y-trade-talks/

Kind of a nothing article with not a ton of substance. Basically mentions that Parker was brought up as a piece in a possible 3-team trade to move Melo (we would not be targeting Melo but would be getting players back for whomever he gets traded to). Also mentions that to move Parker we would also be moving either Henson/Monroe (I can't envision moving Monroe in any sort of deal like this). Not sure who the 3rd team would be but assuming Houston they don't really have much to offer us in return. If the trade would be to say Phoenix or Cleveland I could see the Bucks targeting Bledsoe or possibly K-Love?
    I'd guess we be the third team for Melo to Rockets to eat putrid contract of Ryan Anderson's 3/$60M. So I'd say no to dealing expiring Moose. Also why trade Parker with his stock at a all time low and injured. Unless were not willing to pay him a crazy offer if matched as a RFA.

But I wouldn't just dump him for a bad contract in Anderson. He's no win now piece. If we were trading Parker it should of been that hot month before he got injured. Sell high. Not give him away from dead weight contract that wont move the window to help win now to keep Giannis happy next 4 years.

I prefer to see if Parkers camp goes for a team friendly contract before that deadline expires October 31 for a early extension. If Parker takes a discount like Curry did back in the day with all his ankle injuries. Warriors struck gold.

That's why I don't think Houston would make sense as the 3rd team. The Bucks would just hang up the phone if the Knicks asked them to throw in Parker and Monroe to get Anderson. That wouldn't make any sense.

Only way I see us dumping Parker was early free agency to have a max cap slot by dumping Henson and Delly with Parker. That's if we had the free agent more less agreed upon contract under the table. Had to be a star player. That time has passed. I think Woelfel or somebody posted after trade deadline last season we dangled injured Parker for a win now piece.

Don't remember which team we called up. Not sure if it was the Suns for Bledsoe or what. Unless we asked if Melo would come here? Maybe it was injured Parker, Delly, Henson and Telly for Melo? Then if Melo walked after the season we have capspace to sign another star. But it suck to lose Parker for old man Melo which may not even want to play for Milwaukee.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7vnb8m9

Parker, Delly, Telly, Henson for Melo and Lee works. Then if Melo walks we only have Lee for 2 more years after this season. But shed a ton of salary. Also no risk of extending injured Parker.

I have zero interest in Melo. Even if it means saving us from Henson, Delly, and Telly. That would just mean we replace garbage with more garbage. Melo isn't the player he was in Denver, still plays no defense, and hasn't proven to be a winner anywhere he goes. There's a few players that I would never want on my team for anywhere near max contract dollars and Melo is one of them. I'd rather just roll the dice with Parker.

Plus there's no guaranteed we land a super star in free agency with a max cap slot any way. I think we'd have to trade for a super star. Also selling Parker at a all time low with low stock while dumping dead weight contracts on it is no way to go. If we were thinking of unloading Parker it should of been before he got hurt again mid last season.

Heck Wolves got Butler for a injured LAvine and a pick swap and lottery bust in Dunn. PG13 got traded for over paid bum in Oladipo and rookie Sabonis. I'd wait till Parker is healthy next summer but then he's RFA. Unless we get lucky with a team friendly extension before October 31. While yet show casing him in the playoffs before next summer.

But if Parker takes no discount and were stuck with a 5/$125M extension and he gets dinged up or isn't the same player anymore. Then were held hostage like the days of injured Redd and Bogut. Them were some bad years of dead weight salary.

Considering Parker is a RFA I see no way he gets that much money. No one is going to offer him that and they'd be stupid to do so. I see him getting much closer to something like 4/$64M but that largely depends on how much he plays this year.

I think we have to take a chance or Parker no matter what. Eventually I see us moving away from Middleton because he will cost too much and we could do better for the money. But You're exactly right, there's zero reason for us to sell low on Parker.

Should of packaged Middleton and Parker for Paul George. But if he bolts for Lakers then Giannis be pissed and bolts in 4 years. But I think Parker or Middleton is eventually traded. Since Giannis is at PF. Yeah Middleton could slide down to SG. But Middleton dinged up last season. Not so sure he can keep up with speedy SG's. Then Parker is SF. Yeah Parker could play PF. But lousy rebounder and so so defender. Giannis best suited at PF.

Unless Giannis slides over to center then Middleton as small ball and PF Parker at SF. Then shift Brogdon to SG and go after a star PG yet some how. Plus serious money tied to Snell at SG/SF. Besides other dead weight deals of Delly, Henson and Telly. Were kinda ****ed here on out. Parker extension will kill us. Even with expiring Moose walking after this season. Then a chance Middleton walks. But were stuck for win now mode. If we were gonna tank it should of been last year or the year prior.

I'd have much rather trade for Jimmy Butler than Paul George. With only 1 year remaining on PG that's too much risk for me to give up Parker and Middleton. We could have landed Butler for that package (plus perhaps a draft pick) based on what Minnesota gave up to land him. Butler is locked up and I like his durability and defense better than George.

My guess is the Bucks will target a big name free agent next season and if someone is interested we will look to move Middleton at that time. Depending on where we are in the standings I could also see moving Parker at the deadline. We won't be able to afford Middleton on a max contract and put together a good enough roster to win a title.

To me its very similar to the Celtics being forced to move Avery Bradley and IT. They knew that by giving either of those players max contracts they would be stuck from adding another key piece and in all liklihood they need a piece better than either of those players to win a title.

I still believe short term the Celtics got worse this offseason, but they gained flexibility going forward because they won't be forced to overpay for IT or Bradley.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-pick-via-nets

Bleacher report suggested a couple trade scenarios of Cavs going for win now pieces while trading Nets pick and players. Bucks are in one of the trades. Suggests we trade Middleton, Brogdon, Henson and we get Bledsoe,Dudley,Taveras,2018 second round pick Toronto via Suns pick. I don't like it. Bledsoe better defender then Irving but still a injury risk.

Also Dudley is paid a lot yet on a two year deal. Bledsoe is a two year deal. Brogdon is at least on a second round pick rookie scale yet under control. Not a fan of this trade. I'd rather get the Nets pick and some down grade from Middleton to like a Crowder or something. Besides the Nets pick. Only good thing is we dump Henson in the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-pick-via-nets

Bleacher report suggested a couple trade scenarios of Cavs going for win now pieces while trading Nets pick and players. Bucks are in one of the trades. Suggests we trade Middleton, Brogdon, Henson and we get Bledsoe,Dudley,Taveras,2018 second round pick Toronto via Suns pick. I don't like it. Bledsoe better defender then Irving but still a injury risk.

Also Dudley is paid a lot yet on a two year deal. Bledsoe is a two year deal. Brogdon is at least on a second round pick rookie scale yet under control. Not a fan of this trade. I'd rather get the Nets pick and some down grade from Middleton to like a Crowder or something. Besides the Nets pick. Only good thing is we dump Henson in the deal.
    I have no respect for Bleacher Report as anything more than a transaction update site. They propose all these rediculous trade scenarious that we would never do because they are more interested is possible awesome Cavs lineups than legitimate reporting.

Yea we'll give you the rookie of the year and one of the better two guards in the league for an injury prone point guard, an old forward that barely plays, and a 2nd round pick because that makes sense...

Bucks signs James Young to a camp deal. He played 3 seasons with Celtics and 2 seasons with Red Claws Gleague team.

Wade recently took his children out of school in Chicago and moved them back to Miami, but Kennedy warns not to read too much into the move. Wade and Heat president Pat Riley have barely communicated*since their 2016 breakup, and Wade wouldn’t be guaranteed a starting spot in Miami. Other teams, such as the Nuggets and Bucks, who both tried to sign Wade last summer, could also get involved.
    https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/09/...ne-wade-2.html

Article also mentioned Wade and Bulls front office haven't talked in about two months. Wade is prepared to show up to camp if no buyout occurs. Then mentions Nuggets and Bucks had interests in him to sign him before Bulls signed him. Curious if Bulls seeking a trade rather then a buyout now? Maybe a first round pick and salary fillers? Wade makes $23.8M this season.

That be a lot of salary fillers or more less junk coming back if Bulls went that route. Trade probably be in best interests for the Bulls to pry away a pick or something. They will be tanking this year any way. Not so sure Bucks could use Wade now. Just signed Snell to a 4 year deal. We got Middleton back and healthy. Also just draft Brown at the combo guard spot. Beside still have Vaughn.

Besides Jet maybe signing back pretty soon. Also Brogdon and Delly and Payton II. Then Parker back in February where he's best suited at SF. Then that shift Middleton down to SG or small ball PF if Giannis slide over to center. Wade would be nice but more less a luxury at this point. Also doubt Bulls want to eat salary like Delly or Henson.
    .................................................. .................................................. ..........................................
    I posted this at the main Wade thread on NBA board. But figured its a tiny rumor or just wishful thinking of Nuggets or Bucks may hold interests in Wade yet. Hard to say if id cough up a 2018 first for Wade if Bulls ate Delly and Henson and some other piece yet. But he makes $23.8M this season. Delly, Henson, Hawes and a pick for Wade would of been close. But Hawes was stretched. Also not so sure there's room for Wade minutes wise. Unless we go small ball and shift entire roster up a spot. That's if Wade demands to be a starter.

Brogdon,Wade,Snell,Middleton,Giannis

Unless Snell plays good soldier and comes off the bench?

Brogdon,Wade,Middleton,Giannis,Maker.

Realistically, if Giannis operates as your quasi pg, you could probably consider starting wade at the pg. I have to imagine his defense at pg would not be great, but we haven't been a very good defensively team at pg for awhile. Then bring Brogdon off the bench with moose.

I'd consider the move if it allowed us to dump salary. Not sure the bulls would. Dumping delly and Henson, with Telly expiring the year after next, would actually put us in a much more favorable cap position. Personally, I'd be willing to give up a first for that. I don't think Chicago would be willing to do that though.

Page 3 of 103 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast