Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 81 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1742
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Dub View Post
    i dont think larry has been up to anything. been MIA until that last tweet and i havent seen anything about him working out or trying to come back until just now. he also did his East vs West poll like he did the last time he came back to the nba, east winning by far. i think itd be good to have someone who can defend at least a little in the paint and rebound. thats all wed need him to do. once brogdon is back well have plenty of scorers.
    I don't think Brogdon is a scorer really. Can he yes, but never really goes off on a team except once in a great while. Shabazz can score 20 in 15 minutes of play. There has to be someone out there better than Larry with some size that can rebound. Bucks have Zeller/Henson and Thon can play 5 minutes lol.

The Bucks need a roster overhaul. I think Middleton fits well with Giannis if Bucks can get a second best player like Kemba without giving up Middleton. Just throwing a name out like Kemba. Bledsoe is a bad fit with Giannis. Big problem for Bucks without Brogdon is lack of shooters. Bledsoe can't shoot and airballs at least one shot a game. In halfcourt with Giannis pounding the ball and he kicks to Bledsoe who isn't a good shooter who chucks it up. Kemba is a good catch and shoot guy and can have him with the ball and run Giannis on baseline cuts like Jabari. I love Giannis but the offense of having him pound the ball for 15 seconds happens FAR too often. Then Bledsoe does something out of control.

Why have the Bucks went away from the high drag screen with Middleton? Was working so well?

im sure there is better talent out there than larry, just was curious of him since he started posting about a contract again.
    in the 5 mins thon gets hell be -15. lol he looked terrible at the magic game the time he was in.
    brogdon isnt a scorer but hes a consistant and high iq player that makes the right plays. itll be cool seeing this team at full strength once hes back.
    totally agree they need to blow this thing up. if i had to pick between midds or jabari at this point idk who id pick. i agree midds fits great with giannis but his defense has looked about as good as jabaris and jabaris can score and is shooting a lot better.
    they really need to get giannis and jabari cutting and surround them with shooters.
    kemba would be an ideal fit. hopefully they have him on the market this offseason. i really wouldnt mind taking batum and his contract back as long as we traded crap contracts for crap contract. theyd both fit very well with what the team needs around giannis.

Where Becoming a Legend Happens.
    @ChrisWagner87

im sure there is better talent out there than larry, just was curious of him since he started posting about a contract again.
    in the 5 mins thon gets hell be -15. lol he looked terrible at the magic game the time he was in.
    brogdon isnt a scorer but hes a consistant and high iq player that makes the right plays. itll be cool seeing this team at full strength once hes back.
    totally agree they need to blow this thing up. if i had to pick between midds or jabari at this point idk who id pick. i agree midds fits great with giannis but his defense has looked about as good as jabaris and jabaris can score and is shooting a lot better.
    they really need to get giannis and jabari cutting and surround them with shooters.
    kemba would be an ideal fit. hopefully they have him on the market this offseason. i really wouldnt mind taking batum and his contract back as long as we traded crap contracts for crap contract. theyd both fit very well with what the team needs around giannis.
    Another name I'd consider is Aldridge from the Spurs. The Spurs and him seem to be hot and cold and it would be nice to have a big with some range. I would definitely try and get a PG that can have the ball more often but a big that can shoot could also be very nice on this roster. Bucks need to try and trade a couple bad deals also. No one is taking Delly probably, but maybe can move Henson and Snell.

What is the limit we match on a Jabari contract? I think most people would agree that he still possess the talent to make a dynamic 1/2 with Giannis, but is a liabilty on defense and hasn't really made the team better while on the court. We offered 3/54 before he returned so am thinking we might go 21-22 per possibly. I know there are like only 3-4 teams that can offer a max contract and he is like the 8-10 best free agent. Is a sign and trade possible or likely. Maybe he will play it out and just be unrestricted next year, any thoughts.

they way alex lasry is talking theyll trade away the whole team besides giannis to keep jabari. i bet they match up to around 22 on him as well.
    if they do do a sign and trade i hope its for a player like kemba or kawhi. both players are probably more than likely not moved but we can pair young or proven talent with jabari to get either of them.
    it really boils down to this team having no identity. idk if a new coach could even give this team and identity right now. they just need to start over and get giannis help that really goes with his talent.

@ChrisWagner87

they way alex lasry is talking theyll trade away the whole team besides giannis to keep jabari. i bet they match up to around 22 on him as well.
    if they do do a sign and trade i hope its for a player like kemba or kawhi. both players are probably more than likely not moved but we can pair young or proven talent with jabari to get either of them.
    it really boils down to this team having no identity. idk if a new coach could even give this team and identity right now. they just need to start over and get giannis help that really goes with his talent.
    Jabari might have made a mistake not taking 3-54. Not sure with lack of cash going around this offseason Jabari gets a deal he's looking for $$$$-wise. But agree C-Dub. I think if Bucks can deal Bled-Jabari for Kemba, I do it in a heartbeat. Or deal Middleton for Kemba. Middleton can opt out after next year IIRC and Kemba can bounce too. Also Middleton torched Hornets for 30-plus twice. So MJ might have some love for him lol. Can take back M. Williams who is a good shooter and throw in Bled. Then try and move Tony Snell or Henson or both preferably. No one will take Delly.

^the only way i think they deal kemba is if they get someone to bite on batum too. honestly i like how they both fit and would be okay with taking that contract back as long as we could dump henson or snell or delly also.

lets say we went with s&t jabari, snell for kemba and batum

then we could hopefully package midds and or bledsoe along with a young piece (thon or DJ) and snell or henson for a C.

kemba, batum, midds, giannis, C would be pretty sweet. brogdon 6th man. need some defense tho

i have a feeling if we dont trade midds though he will opt out and leave us with nothing. same thing if we dont sign and trade jabari. they need to use those assets while they can to get pieces that actually fit around giannis. im just not sold on a new coach being able to turn this no identity team around. they need players with a natual ability to rebound and consistent shooters around giannis

@ChrisWagner87

^the only way i think they deal kemba is if they get someone to bite on batum too. honestly i like how they both fit and would be okay with taking that contract back as long as we could dump henson or snell or delly also.

lets say we went with s&t jabari, snell for kemba and batum

then we could hopefully package midds and or bledsoe along with a young piece (thon or DJ) and snell or henson for a C.

kemba, batum, midds, giannis, C would be pretty sweet. brogdon 6th man. need some defense tho

i have a feeling if we dont trade midds though he will opt out and leave us with nothing. same thing if we dont sign and trade jabari. they need to use those assets while they can to get pieces that actually fit around giannis. im just not sold on a new coach being able to turn this no identity team around. they need players with a natual ability to rebound and consistent shooters around giannis
    Are you allowed to trade more than the RFA in a S&T? Just wondering. If possible if a team is going to take salary just to match I would request Delly because I think easier to trade a C like Henson who has some value to other teams and Snell being a 3-and-D. Delly damn near untradeable unless he's going with a major trade asset. I don't think Batum is really going to get anyone to take 23 mill for him. Marvin Williams at 13 mill is an overpay but I'd take him over Delly/Snell for just a couple more mill. So trade Middleton/Bled/young guy? for Kemba/Marvin.

Then S&T Jabari to a team with cap space for a young asset, maybe a C? and a pick. Then go about getting rid of Henson and Snell. Curious what a guy like Nurkic from POR is going to get. Maybe get Vucevic from ORL. I am going to look at potential guys on teams with salary cap space and try to come up with realistic potential trades that make sense.

marvin williams wouldnt be too bad of a fit either if they were willing to do that trade. he can defend, rebound, and shoot 3s.

@ChrisWagner87

One guy that Bucks might look at if they can do the deal is Dennis Schroder from ATL. I guess were going to try and trade for him until Bledsoe became available. I think Schroder is 3 years at 15 mill per after this. About only potential S&T that would work for Bari. Then use Bledsoe for Vucevic in ORL or try and sign Dedmon if he opts out. Might not with market. Could also Add to Schroder deal. But for now lets say Jabari for Schroder; Bled for Vuc just for fun, Bucks roster seems pretty legit. Maybe could have them S&T Aaron Gordon to Bucks for Bled/Snell otherwise. Then try and sign Tyreke Evans with MLE, but lets just go w/o him for now. Try and trade Henson for anything, Snell but will keep them on roster for now.

Schroder-Brogdon-Middleton-Giannis-Vucevic
    Delly-Brown-Snell-Thon-Zeller/Henson

Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    What is the limit we match on a Jabari contract? I think most people would agree that he still possess the talent to make a dynamic 1/2 with Giannis, but is a liabilty on defense and hasn't really made the team better while on the court. We offered 3/54 before he returned so am thinking we might go 21-22 per possibly. I know there are like only 3-4 teams that can offer a max contract and he is like the 8-10 best free agent. Is a sign and trade possible or likely. Maybe he will play it out and just be unrestricted next year, any thoughts.
    I think before we know the answer, we need to make a few tough decisions on the team and determine whoís part of the future and who isnít. This is the offseason to move guys like middleton or Brogdon if we decide they arenít part of the long term plan. Jabari is in that boat too. We need to figure out if heís a long term peice as well. And if someone isnít a long term peice, itís the year to ship them out.

^exactly how i feel about it. either they are and stay and we build around them (giannis and jabari?) and if not they go this offseason so we actually get something for them

@ChrisWagner87

Delly is probably untradeable without another first.
    Snell and Henson could get interest.
    Jon Horst also spoke Wednesday on The FAN and stated plainly that the team was not looking to trade Parker.
    This sounds like a plain resign attempt, but I also believe Woelfel about possible discontent. I guess they will worry about limits when they get there.
    I think Midz would possibly resign. Brogdon is less of a certainty, although he will be restricted.

Parker was no doubt upset but I think his beef was with Kidd. Hopefully a new coach can fix things. It is interesting that the bucks record always seems to slip when Parker plays. Not sure why, can't blame Parker for everyone else on the team taking a dump.

I think this team will, and should, build around Parker/Giannis. You can't let Parker walk unless you assume he's a bust. His flat out scoring ability makes him not that. Can't lose him for nothing. I don't see any team trying to give him the max so 20-22M is likely accurate. My thought with Parker is worst case he can likely score 20-25 a game without a minutes restriction. There will never be a shortage of teams willing to take on a large contract for that kind of production. Health is the only concern.

Looking at the upcoming free agent class shooting guard is strong. I think we need a real point guard and a far bigger center and the rest will work itself out. I also wouldn't be suprised if we bring in a new GM and of course a decent coach (just need to be smart and get a good coach, not a splash name like Doc Rivers). My plan would be leverage whatever we can to land a top tier point guard. Go out and grab a free agent shooting guard (assuming we traded away Middleton) like Avery Bradley or Will Barton. And lastly try and land a Center with some size and upside. I like Lucas Nogueira, he is a RFA but I doubt Toronto can afford to match what he gets offered.

Page 81 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast