Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117
Results 1,741 to 1,749 of 1749
    Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    You forgot Brown... And then you are left with UFA Middleton and Bledsoe to get nothing for next season... Bravo! good idea, apply for the GM position!
    I wouldn't part with Brown yet. I was first here to be brave and called him "Butler lite" but with better three point shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dub View Post
    as long as they box out though giannis and the rest of the crew can do what they do and eat up those rebounds. I bet giannis averages like 12 rpg this season
    I love Giannis but he was one of the biggest culprits of not boxing out. Heís an insane athlete who can outjump almost everyone, but he had a bad habit of turning on a shot and generally drifting to the hoop. He had a decent amount of boards go over his head that would have been easy rebounds if he turns and puts a body on his guy.

And if Giannis is running the break, you may not want him being the one grabbing every board. Someone did an analysis and OKC letting Westbrook grab every board possible cost them fast break opportunities. You want the guy running the break to be turning up the court to catch an outlet, not coming back grab a rebound. Obvisously Giannis is a non traditional fast break point person, so he canít just turn up court every time, but bigs grabbing the boards and outletting to a guy who can run the break is the quickest way to get into open court.
    Last edited by crewfan13; Yesterday at 03:50 PM.

Who is the All-star that would consider a team that struggles for a position on the playoffs (IF the Bucks will make it to playoffs this season)?

Who is the All star that will take seriously a team that rushes out to sign... Ilyasova!!!
    You need to cool your jets and let the players you have continue to grow. We're still a very young team. Giannis hasn't peaked and will still get a lot better, every year.

Maybe Jimmy Butler would like to come back to Milwaukee.

You don't get all stars for $7 Mil per season.
    Last edited by HacksawButch; Yesterday at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    You need to cool your jets and let the players you have continue to grow. We're still a very young team. Giannis hasn't peaked and will still get a lot better, every year.
    Lets let Giannis out of this... You mean "grow" like Snell, or Delly, or Henson did last season? OK... Henson did "grow" but was still better not to have him for the playoffs (as it proved to be the case).

Maybe Jimmy Butler would like to come back to Milwaukee.
    You really think so? MO is that none will consider the Bucks unless they take the East and stop making bad contracts of 7M to people that none else signed for a second season although they've been with six teams up to now.

You don't get all stars for $7 Mil per season.
    Who ever said that you do? But Ilyasova level players (or better), you can sign for 3 or less... Did you hear? The Wizards signed J.Green for 2.5M and GSW re-signed Looney (that wants to come to MIL more than anything) for a minimum...
    Last edited by buckalis; Yesterday at 08:28 PM.

Lets let Giannis out of this... You mean "grow" like Snell, or Delly, or Henson did last season? OK... Henson did "grow" but was still better not to have him for the playoffs (as it proved to be the case).

You really think so? MO is that none will consider the Bucks unless they take the East and stop making bad contracts of 7M to people that none else signed for a second season although they've been with six teams up to now.

Who ever said that you do? But Ilyasova level players (or better), you can sign for 3 or less... Did you hear? The Wizards signed J.Green for 2.5M and GSW re-signed Looney (that wants to come to MIL more than anything) for a minimum...
    It's a lot harder to improve when you have a coach running a helter skelter defense and no offensive scheme what so ever. Watch and see what happens this year. Delly and Henson are not part of the equation. They were terible signings from the past GM. Watch what happens with Brogdon, Snell, Brown, Middleton and even Bledsoe will be better. I still don't want to resign him, but he'll be better. Combine that with what Giannis is going to do and the additions of Lopez and Ilyasova and this team will win 50 games if they can stay healthy.

Bud himself says that this team has more talent than the team he won 60 games with in Atlanta. So lets see what Bud can do with this group before blowing it all up.

Ersan was a key rotation player on that 76er's team down the stretch. He wasn't a priority resign because they were hoping for Lebron. The bucks acted quickly while the 6ers were after the big names. I gaurentee you the 6ers would have like to resign him, but if you think you have a shot at Lebron, your not spending money on Ersan.
    Last edited by HacksawButch; Today at 12:17 PM.

I was thinking the Bucks should offer David Nwaba a Vet minimum contract. We're a little thin at SF and it'd be nice to add a very good defensive player.

It's a lot harder to improve when you have a coach running a helter skelter defense and no offensive scheme what so ever. Watch and see what happens this year. Delly and Henson are not part of the equation. They were terible signings from the past GM. Watch what happens with Brogdon, Snell, Brown, Middleton and even Bledsoe will be better. I still don't want to resign him, but he'll be better. Combine that with what Giannis is going to do and the additions of Lopez and Ilyasova and this team will win 50 games if they can stay healthy.

Bud himself says that this team has more talent than the team he won 60 games with in Atlanta. So lets see what Bud can do with this group before blowing it all up.
    Being better, or Being better than another team that existed in the past, doesn't mean that you'll be better than competition. Competition has improved by a large margin on all Western teams. It takes radical changes to compete with the 76ers or the Celtics and we surely aren't better coached than at least the Celtics. If Torondo will end up adding K.Leonard... things are getting really tough...

Being better, or Being better than another team that existed in the past, doesn't mean that you'll be better than competition. Competition has improved by a large margin on all Western teams. It takes radical changes to compete with the 76ers or the Celtics and we surely aren't better coached than at least the Celtics. If Torondo will end up adding K.Leonard... things are getting really tough...
    I agree. The Bucks are not ready to compete to win the eastern conference and likely wont be soon unless Giannis continues to improve greatly every year and can be a 35 ppg/ 12 Rpg player and become a 3 point threat. Boaton is the best team by far and no one is catching them this season, barring injuries. I'm not that sold on Philly. They have talent, but have a long way to go before playing for a championship.

As far as Toronto getting Leonard. I doubt they're getting him even up for Valacunis, so what do they have to give up to get him? They're a good team and a measuring stick, but they're not going anywhere either. There's 1 real team in the east and thats Boston. After that it's anyones guess.

I agree. The Bucks are not ready to compete to win the eastern conference and likely wont be soon unless Giannis continues to improve greatly every year and can be a 35 ppg/ 12 Rpg player and become a 3 point threat. Boaton is the best team by far and no one is catching them this season, barring injuries. I'm not that sold on Philly. They have talent, but have a long way to go before playing for a championship.
    The thing is then, why don't we make some radical changes that will solve the team's problems instead of creating new problems....????

We signed Ilyasova to re-replace Telletovic (who replaced Ilyasova in the first place), we lost Jabari, we signed Lopez to replace the mistake of letting Monroe go, we lost another 3 picks, Horst continues to blow the few picks that are left with and he loaded to the team a PG that his game is with a different ball that the rest are playing with... Then the season will end and we'll have to either resign Middleton, or he will leave for nothing too...

It's a circle that gets nowhere, we have to make radical changes (as the article in the O/P says) and we'll have to make them now!

As far as Toronto getting Leonard. I doubt they're getting him even up for Valacunis, so what do they have to give up to get him? They're a good team and a measuring stick, but they're not going anywhere either. There's 1 real team in the east and thats Boston. After that it's anyones guess.
    Oh they do... They have one of the greatest talents in the NBA on O.G. Anunoby... which was born after we blew a pick that turned out to be him... I bet you anything that Popovich will do anything to get him.... The deal will surely include O.G. Anunoby and Delon Wright!