Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Get turnt up right about meow

https://youtu.be/FBalvaNcEuU

4/20/18

Hope they still got it. The anticipation is through the roof and I hope they can live up to the hype.

i'm expecting big things from this movie. I shouldn't, but i am

it's going to be SO bad.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I kinda hate that theyre doing a sequel. Theres no way itll be as good as the first and will ruin the whole franchise like sequels usually do.

Looking forward to it, but my guess it that it just can't live up to the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    I kinda hate that theyre doing a sequel. Theres no way itll be as good as the first and will ruin the whole franchise like sequels usually do.
    yeah, Dumb and Dumber Too, and Zoolander 2, stick out. They were both SO bad, why did they even bother?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I really hope that was all specifically promo and not scenes from the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    yeah, Dumb and Dumber Too, and Zoolander 2, stick out. They were both SO bad, why did they even bother?
    Anchorman 2
    Anthony Mantha Breakout 16-17

Larkin is back

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Easy answer: $$$

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

I think there's a decent chance this will be an entirely different thing from all those classic comedy flop sequels.

The reason is that most of those sequels were made by a patchwork ensemble of the original writers and/or cast, with some of them being a total departure from the original altogether. They mostly relied on tacky cliches like celeb cameos and things of that ilk to generate buzz, and they knew they were going to bank on the film regardless of quality due to the nostalgic value. People crave familiarity.

This is different however. These are the same five guys who've been working and writing together as a collective for over two decades. They waited 17 years between films while they worked successfully on other endeavors, and they're not doing this out of a need for cash or to meet the demands of a studio. They got triple the budget they were shooting for on IndieGoGo within a couple weeks, they know that a lot of people cherish this franchise and I genuinely believe they have an appreciation for that and a sincere recognition of the desire to not have it get ****ed up with a trash sequel.

I think it'll be funny. It may not be the cult classic the original was, but I very much expect it to not be a total bust that relies explicitly on callbacks and cameos ala Anchorman 2/Zoolander 2.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    I think there's a decent chance this will be an entirely different thing from all those classic comedy flop sequels.

The reason is that most of those sequels were made by a patchwork ensemble of the original writers and/or cast, with some of them being a total departure from the original altogether. They mostly relied on tacky cliches like celeb cameos and things of that ilk to generate buzz, and they knew they were going to bank on the film regardless of quality due to the nostalgic value. People crave familiarity.

This is different however. These are the same five guys who've been working and writing together as a collective for over two decades. They waited 17 years between films while they worked successfully on other endeavors, and they're not doing this out of a need for cash or to meet the demands of a studio. They got triple the budget they were shooting for on IndieGoGo within a couple weeks, they know that a lot of people cherish this franchise and I genuinely believe they have an appreciation for that and a sincere recognition of the desire to not have it get ****ed up with a trash sequel.

I think it'll be funny. It may not be the cult classic the original was, but I very much expect it to not be a total bust that relies explicitly on callbacks and cameos ala Anchorman 2/Zoolander 2.
    I hope so dude, cause Super Troopers is a classic. The opening 10 minutes are maybe the funniest opening to a movie I have seen.

"Canada huh? Almost made it..."

I want a goddamn liter of cola.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post

I very much agree with this. It may not be as good as the first but I still think it'll be good because it's all the same guys as you put it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.