Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The RBs on LSU, Penn st., and UGA all look like studs, but if Martin plays like he dud this past week, I think the attention turns to DE, CB, and O-line in 18 draft

The NC ST DE is a beast definitely on my radar. San Diego St RB also a beast. Don't know how the guards are this year but I would like to target one in the first 3 rounds. CB a need as well since Hargreaves is regressing and Grimes is old.

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    The RBs on LSU, Penn st., and UGA all look like studs, but if Martin plays like he dud this past week, I think the attention turns to DE, CB, and O-line in 18 draft
    Barkley is almost a lock to go Top 10, Guice likely Top 20. Don't think we have the luxury of going RB that early regardless of how this year plays out. Invest in the trenches and secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    The NC ST DE is a beast definitely on my radar. San Diego St RB also a beast. Don't know how the guards are this year but I would like to target one in the first 3 rounds. CB a need as well since Hargreaves is regressing and Grimes is old.
    Brandon Chubb is a really good prospect at DE for sure. I disagree about Hargreaves but CB is a need for me. I'd like to see a major OL investment but OT is more important IMO.

Really? I think OT is pretty good only negative is Dotson's age, definitely going to have to find someone to groom though. As of now i'd say LG is the biggest concern considering they can't decide whose better between Pamphile and Evan Smith both mediocre choices. Agree with trenches and secondary they must be addressed. RB could be something to address later, yes Martin looks good so far but IMO that's because $$$ is on the line, how will he fare next year? Plus I'd like to say good riddance to Sims finally and most likely Barber.

Really? I think OT is pretty good only negative is Dotson's age, definitely going to have to find someone to groom though. As of now i'd say LG is the biggest concern considering they can't decide whose better between Pamphile and Evan Smith both mediocre choices. Agree with trenches and secondary they must be addressed. RB could be something to address later, yes Martin looks good so far but IMO that's because $$$ is on the line, how will he fare next year? Plus I'd like to say good riddance to Sims finally and most likely Barber.
    The day Dotson falls off we are in serious trouble, I'm ok with our depth inside if need be but at OT our depth isn't very good exceor for Benenoch at RT for small amounts of time.

Smith looks improved this year at LT, still think he could be a better RT. There are some really good OT prospects I keep talking about and think they can help us short term and long term.

In a perfect world I'm getting a DE/CB/OT in first 3 round then looking at OG/OC, S, K after that.

DE/CB/RB from what it looks like right now. May have to rely on FA to bring in some quality Oline depth. Hargreaves is really killing us cause there's no guarantee a 35 year old CB will come back and play for us. Plus you have to consider Doug will be what 29 so he's no spring chicken either; Sims, Barber, and Rodgers just aren't that great.

I would certainly not be opposed to signing someone like Jeremy Hill though.

If we lose Grimes after this season, which is likely, we will be in serious trouble. We will need to sign a starting quality FA at the CB position, and still need to spend a top 3 round pick on another one if Hargraves does not progress. Trumaine Johnson would probably be the best option. I would love to get X. Rhodes, but don't know what sense it would make for Minnesota to let him walk. He is becoming elite! M. Butler is also an option, but i'm not sure he is worth what he will command.

Couple other names to watch in Free Agency-

T. Turner, G
    E. Ansah, DE

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    If we lose Grimes after this season, which is likely, we will be in serious trouble. We will need to sign a starting quality FA at the CB position, and still need to spend a top 3 round pick on another one if Hargraves does not progress. Trumaine Johnson would probably be the best option. I would love to get X. Rhodes, but don't know what sense it would make for Minnesota to let him walk. He is becoming elite! M. Butler is also an option, but i'm not sure he is worth what he will command.

Couple other names to watch in Free Agency-

T. Turner, G
    E. Ansah, DE
    Butler is having a down year bit is better than Johnson, could see them going after 1 of the 2.

Rhodes already signed an extension.

Demarcus Lawerence DE from Dallas is a FA and having a pretty good year. But he is having the best year of his career in a contract year and has been banged up.

Both of ND's Olinemen looked great yesterday.

Apparently we are sending a couple of scouts to the NC ST/Clemson game...Chubb vs Hyatt. Donovan Smith is serviceable but has definitely had a few clunkers this far.

Apparently we are sending a couple of scouts to the NC ST/Clemson game...Chubb vs Hyatt. Donovan Smith is serviceable but has definitely had a few clunkers this far.
    There's a ton of prospects in this game, from Top 10 talent to mid rounders to undrafted guys. Wouldn't read in to specific players, could be looking at Christian Wilkins who a lot of people think is the best defender in the draft or anybody really.

What the he!! is wrong with our Oline, it seemed liked yesterday we were on the cusp of having a very good young Oline, now idk even know what to call it. It seems like we are going to have to add Oline to the long list of holes we have sadly.

What the he!! is wrong with our Oline, it seemed liked yesterday we were on the cusp of having a very good young Oline, now idk even know what to call it. It seems like we are going to have to add Oline to the long list of holes we have sadly.
    OL has been on the list, Dotson is old, Sweezy sucks, LG doesn't seem to be figured out, Smith may have to move from LT, Marpet is not good at snapping or clock/game awareness, he's better off at RG. Literally an issue or concern at every spot on OL.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast