Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

2017 College Football and Draft Prospect Thread

Use this thread to discuss any 2017 college football games, players and to discuss 2018 NFL Draft prospects and related topics.

2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Ready For War

My Lavonte David PC

Glad we don't need a QB cause this draft is supposed to be one of the best which means players should fall to us wherever we pick. Do people really think Darnold is that good? Definitely looking to help boost the Oline I don't see Dotson around forever also wouldn't mind a Guard either at some point. Also CB would be nice Grimes isn't getting any younger and obviously more help for the pass rush.

Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    Glad we don't need a QB cause this draft is supposed to be one of the best which means players should fall to us wherever we pick. Do people really think Darnold is that good? Definitely looking to help boost the Oline I don't see Dotson around forever also wouldn't mind a Guard either at some point. Also CB would be nice Grimes isn't getting any younger and obviously more help for the pass rush.
    Darnold looks that good so far, much better than Rosen and Allen.

This is a great OT draft and I really hope we get one. Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey, Orlando Brown and Mitch Hyatt all have a ton of talent.

OT, DE and CB are my 3 biggesr needs, need replacements for Dotson, Ayers and Grimes sooner or later. S is #4 but could rise depending on what we see during season.

2 huge games on Saturday which I will definitely be watching #11 Michigan vs #17 Florida at 3:30 and #1 Alabama vs #3 Floride State. Tons of big name prospects against quality opponents.
    Last edited by bwallstreet; 09-01-2017 at 06:33 AM. Reason: #11 vs #11 lol

Yea I think everyone will be glued to Bama vs FSU, should be a great game. Not much room for error for the losing team. Also looking forward to WVU v VT Sunday night, eager to see how Grier does after his suspension.

McGlinchey would be a dream come true pick.

Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    Yea I think everyone will be glued to Bama vs FSU, should be a great game. Not much room for error for the losing team. Also looking forward to WVU v VT Sunday night, eager to see how Grier does after his suspension.

McGlinchey would be a dream come true pick.
    Williams is better than McGlinchey. I expect both to ho higher than we will pick in the draft.

OT, CB, DE look to be the biggest needs. Have to keep an eye on RB and S throughout the season.

Add B. O'Neil-Pitt, M. Ivey-UF, and M. Rankin-Miss St. to the OT mix. Here are some games to watch this weekend, to view relevant prospects against decent competition.

Maryland vs. Texas- C. Williams, OT, Tex
    Michigan vs. UF- M. Ivey, OT, UF
    BYU vs. LSU- D. Guice, RB, LSU, Adrien Key, DE, LSU, K. Toliver, CB, LSU
    FSU vs. Aabama- B. Scarborough, RB, Ala, M. Fitpatrick, CB, Ala, J. Sweet, DE, FSU, T. McCfadden, CB, FSU
    West Virginia vs. V Tech- A. Alexander, CB, V Tech
    NC State vs. SC- B. Chubb, DE, NC State

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    Add B. O'Neil-Pitt, M. Ivey-UF, and M. Rankin-Miss St. to the OT mix. Here are some games to watch this weekend, to view relevant prospects against decent competition.

Maryland vs. Texas- C. Williams, OT, Tex
    Michigan vs. UF- M. Ivey, OT, UF
    BYU vs. LSU- D. Guice, RB, LSU, Adrien Key, DE, LSU, K. Toliver, CB, LSU
    FSU vs. Aabama- B. Scarborough, RB, Ala, M. Fitpatrick, CB, Ala, J. Sweet, DE, FSU, T. McCfadden, CB, FSU
    West Virginia vs. V Tech- A. Alexander, CB, V Tech
    NC State vs. SC- B. Chubb, DE, NC State
    UCLA vs Texas A&M - Armani Watts, S, A&M

If add that too, a top safety prospect vs a projected Top 5-10 pick is a good watch too

I've heard people say Ivey projects to kick inside. He's a good OL prospect regardless and Pamphile could always kick outside or be replaced himself and Sweezy is unknown at this point. Either way it's a good matchup vs a talented UM front 7

Saquon Barkley Penn State, the consensus #1 RB in 2018 Draft, 14 carries for 172 Rush Yards 2 TD 3 Rec 54 Rec Yards, basically all in first half.

Kareem Hunt went off last night, 148 yards rushing, 5 catches 98 yards, 246 yards from scrimmage is a record in a first game, 3 TD.

I liked him but didn't expect that. He looked fast, strong, showed good vision.

Ready For War

My Lavonte David PC

There was a reason I said multiple times that the Bucs should pursue Kareem Hunt in the draft. What an absolute stud performance on the road in his first game against the defending champs and best franchise in sports for the last 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    There was a reason I said multiple times that the Bucs should pursue Kareem Hunt in the draft. What an absolute stud performance on the road in his first game against the defending champs and best franchise in sports for the last 15 years.
    Most in here did, Aecon and I had him in quite a few mocks. He didn't play like a 3rd round pick and got to start due to injury though, he played like a Top 15 pick who was brought in to be the starter all along. Fournette, McCaffery, Cook and Mixon were betree prospects but will have a hard time topping that Week 1.

My guy Orlando "Zeus" Brown Jr dominated a Top 3 DL in college football last night on the road at Ohio State. He's more than just a mountain of a man, though his 6'8 340 lb frame should intimidate most DL at any level. He played great against Bosa, Hubbard and the group of top NFL prospects out there last night.

To me this is no surprise the kid has been a dominant LT since starting as a freshman in the Big 12. His dad had clearly taught him a lot of what he learned over his own NFL career before his death.

He's been being talked about as a 2nd or 3rd round guy which is insane to me. 2 guys I might take over him in a great OT class next year. You add a player like Brown your getting strength, size, toughness, attitude and a ceiling as high as any OL in years. If his talent and size/strength are developed properly you have a starting LT who will absolutely eat people alive for the next decade.
    Last edited by bwallstreet; 09-10-2017 at 09:55 AM.

Ready For War

My Lavonte David PC

Carlton Davis, the CB from Auburn did a great job of covering Deon Cain (Clemsons #1 WR), who will be a 1st rd pick in 18. Davis is projected as a 2nd-3rd rounder next season.

Also impressed by C. Ferrell DE Clemson, D. Guice RB LSU, and of course, S. Barkley RB Penn St.

Was not impressed by K. Pettway RB Auburn, or Andrew Brown DE Virginia

Lots of good games today, with 2 premier matchup.

Clemson @ Louisville is a juggernaut ACC matchup. Jackson and the Cardinals vs the stacked Clemson D and skill players

Tennessee @ Florida, unfortunately the Florida suspensions continue to really hurt them. A lot of big time prospects on both teams still.

Watching UCLA @ Memphis now, curious to see how a West coast team plays on the road at 12 Eastern/9 Pacific. Memphis is a very good small school who puts out NFL talent every year.

Of course I'll watch my Syracuse Orange play Central Michigan as well.

Ready For War

My Lavonte David PC

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast