Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sweezy has been a massive disappointment wonder if we could get anything for him? I feel like we had more holes with Marpet at RG and freaking Hawley at Center. I know OSU has a very good Center this year Billy Price could be a target in the 2nd if we decide to move Marpet back to Guard.

At this point in time i'm all aboard the Bradley Chubb train. Dude is a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    At this point in time i'm all aboard the Bradley Chubb train. Dude is a monster.
    It's silly to have a train halfway through the year, there are plenty of OL, DL and CB/S that could really help this team. Also don't view Chubb as a Top 10 pick.

I believe everyone and their mother was on the Jameis bandwagon from the beginning so I don't see the big deal. I don't see us going Oline early and it won't matter whose back there as a CB/S if we only have 8 sacks halfway through the year again. I definitely few Chubb as a top 10 pick also Harold Landry as well, one of them better be wearing pewter and red next year IMO, leaning towards Chubb.

I believe everyone and their mother was on the Jameis bandwagon from the beginning so I don't see the big deal. I don't see us going Oline early and it won't matter whose back there as a CB/S if we only have 8 sacks halfway through the year again. I definitely few Chubb as a top 10 pick also Harold Landry as well, one of them better be wearing pewter and red next year IMO, leaning towards Chubb.
    Landry is better than Chubb, Key may be better than both.

A year where we wrre fighting for #1 pick with a huge need at AN is much different than any other year.

I believe it is not smart and short sighted to pigeon hole yourself in early November. We should explore all options and pick the best player possible at a position of need, not just DE. Not to mention free agency is before the draft, needs change and clarify themselves.

Hell at this point Saquon Barkley could be in play for us. I bet he goes higher than we pick but you never know.

Josh Jackson going off today. Iowa down 17-14 all points off Jackson INTs returned for TDs.

At this point Denzel Ward is my favorite CB but the dude from Iowa went off indeed. Key seems too small for a 4-3 he seems more like a 3-4 LB IMO.

Side note Koetter said Marpet has been the highest graded offensive player......talk about shocking.

At this point Denzel Ward is my favorite CB but the dude from Iowa went off indeed. Key seems too small for a 4-3 he seems more like a 3-4 LB IMO.

Side note Koetter said Marpet has been the highest graded offensive player......talk about shocking.
    Too bad that's all based on his blocking as a lineman because he sucks at the position specific duties of a Center.

Jackson has been playing at a high level all year, 5 INTs before today, that includes his 3 INTs against Ohio State. He's a one year starter, which is concerning.

I am starting to believe Nelson, the guard from Notre Dame, is the best OL in this class. If we pick in the 4-8 range I would love to see a monster like that added to our OL, would take a really good FA haul to fill some needs.

I'm still a huge Orlando Brown fan though and think he could bring a size, strength and talent combo that would help our OL going forward. Not sure if he's a mid-late first guy or 2nd rounder though in the eyes of NFL teams.

Key is listed at 6'6 265 lbs, bigger than Noah Spence by a bit. Best pure pass rush talent coming out, Which is what we really need, though I would be concerned about having too many undersized DEs in a 4-3.

I don't think Donovan Smith is going anywhere, if it were me i'd sign a mid level vet to compete with him and hopefully light a fire under his *****. The FA RB class is decent to me I wouldn't mind signing a guy like Jeremy Hill and drafting one in the first 3 rounds. Nelson is a damn good Olineman and I wouldn't be mad but we really need to address pass rush in the worst way. Plus who knows if Baker will be on the team next year and throw in McDonald being a free agent DT seems like a need as well.

I don't think Donovan Smith is going anywhere, if it were me i'd sign a mid level vet to compete with him and hopefully light a fire under his *****. The FA RB class is decent to me I wouldn't mind signing a guy like Jeremy Hill and drafting one in the first 3 rounds. Nelson is a damn good Olineman and I wouldn't be mad but we really need to address pass rush in the worst way. Plus who knows if Baker will be on the team next year and throw in McDonald being a free agent DT seems like a need as well.
    Smith is a below average LT, no problem with him being here, his future may not be at LT, Dotson is old, our tackle depth isn't good. Major issues with both guard spots. OK is a huge problem.

Outside of QB, WR, TE and LB everything should be on play. A stud OL could help solidify up front, a game changing back like Barkley could elevate the offense, a great DL prospect could help our pass rush or adding a great prospect on the back end. Lot of needs and therefore, flexibility.

Miles Gaskin is a freaking monster. He has caught my attention.

My Super Early 2018 NFL Mock Draft -

You can say good or bad things about it I am sure, but this is solely based off of need, which I believe I hit spot on.

Round 1 Pick 7: Bradley Chubb, DE, North Carolina State
    Round 2 Pick 7: Damien Harris, RB, Alabama
    Round 3 Pick 7: Mitch Hyatt, OT, Clemson
    Round 4 Pick 7: Quenton Meeks, CB, Stanford
    Round 5 Pick 7: Maea Teuhema, OG, LSU
    Round 6 Pick 7: Godwin Igwebuike, FS, Northwestern
    Round 6 Pick 29: James Looney, DT, California
    Round 7 Pick 19: Marcell Ateman, WR, Oklahoma State

I got no problem with that mock

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast