Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 77 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    In addition to that the laws should be made as close to home as possible. Very few laws and regulations should be at the federal level.
    How about environment, labor and social (concerning race, gender or handicapped accessibility) laws? At one time in the south, they had their own special laws for race. Would big business influence zoning laws to their benefit even if it endanger the public, ie zoning laws in Texas, where toxic storage can be next to a school or earthquakes cause by frakking in okl?
    Last edited by WES445; 09-10-2017 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    He's saying your family and friends are society. How ****ing stupid is that?
    I am guilty of not following the thread and answering Ewing last post by itself, which I took Ewing post as saying that people don't need society to tell them smack, even not to jump in front of a train when society teaches you everything. A couple of posts pop up before I completed my post and my post fell far from his and seem like it was just floating in space with no connection to Ewing post.

I made a fool of myself, and I am sure it won't be the last time. I thank Scoots for correcting me and say "my bad" to Ewing.

Wasn't it you who correct me by saying that Rush only had 5k listeners, and had to be correct on it by another poster? You, being corrected happen a couple other times this week. So don't be so high and mighty with the dissing.
    Last edited by WES445; 09-10-2017 at 11:24 PM.

Thanks Scoots

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I am guilty of not following the thread and answering Ewing last post by itself, which I took Ewing post as saying that people don't need society to tell them smack, even not to jump in front of a train when society teaches you everything. A couple of posts pop up before I completed my post and my post fell far from his and seem like it was just floating in space with no connection to Ewing post.

I made a fool of myself, and I am sure it won't be the last time. I thank Scoots for correcting me and say "my bad" to Ewing.

Wasn't it you who correct me by saying that Rush only had 5k listeners, and had to be correct on it by another poster? You, being corrected happen a couple other times this week. So don't be so high and mighty with the dissing.
    It was me, and if you read my following post, you'd see I was being sarcastic relating to the 5k listeners that are white supremacists.

It was me, and if you read my following post, you'd see I was being sarcastic relating to the 5k listeners that are white supremacists.
    Ya know, this forum is nothing but opinions, and those of you representing your opinions as facts is disgusting.

How about environment, labor and social (concerning race, gender or handicapped accessibility) laws? At one time in the south, they had their own special laws for race. Would big business influence zoning laws to their benefit even if it endanger the public, ie zoning laws in Texas, where toxic storage can be next to a school or earthquakes cause by frakking in okl?
    Some at the federal level and some at the state and some at the county or city level. Facilitating and protecting interstate commerce and national defense have to be federal. Equality laws are constitutional and I'm fine with them. The states should have different rules in many areas. If a state fails so bad they need federal guidance then that will happen, but it should not be used to punish other states that are not having whatever those issues might be. It seems right now the politicians in Washington feel they have to make laws to justify their existence. I'd much rather it be much harder for new laws to be created.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Ya know, this forum is nothing but opinions, and those of you representing your opinions as facts is disgusting.
    If you bothered to follow links I post.... you'd see that it's not all opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

My bad, Ewing. disregard this post
    no problem Wes

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

You brought up the "don't break the law" argument and that is what I'm talking about. Not just about drug laws.

Nixon is on tape talking about using the drug laws on black people and hippies, it doesn't need to be debated.
    if there are bad/wrong laws then change the laws. but as long as there are laws in place then these laws should be followed. when they are not then there are consequences for those that are caught.
    there are laws that I don't agree with, but if I break those laws and I am caught nobody is going to allow an excuse that I didn't like them and therefore didn't have to follow them.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    no problem Wes
    We may have butt heads in the past, but always with respect and no malicious intent or moving goalposts.

MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Jesus Christ.

This is why your thread exists.

People have no clue how free speech works. And to 'protect' students from speech that differs than what they hear everyday is insane.

Ya we are only getting more and more divided with this type of stuff and I am not sure how to bring people/sides together.

Thoughts on Sarah H. Sanders commenting on Jamelle Hill's comments, saying they're a firable offense? I see crying from the right every time a business or community condemns right wing speech (like that misogynist from Google who y'all were ready rally cross country to defend his first amendment rights that weren't infringed upon until they got scared).

The mouthpiece for the Trump Administration just said someone should be fired for a comment she made. Not a peep from then right. The "stick to sports" hypocrites.

ESPN can say and do whatever they want but it's disheartening to see them throw someone under the bus who gets harrassed daily for just speaking. But I'd expect to see some outrage from the usual suspects here who cry all the time...because this time the government actually did chime in.
    this my sig

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Thoughts on Sarah H. Sanders commenting on Jamelle Hill's comments, saying they're a firable offense? I see crying from the right every time a business or community condemns right wing speech (like that misogynist from Google who y'all were ready rally cross country to defend his first amendment rights that weren't infringed upon until they got scared).

The mouthpiece for the Trump Administration just said someone should be fired for a comment she made. Not a peep from then right. The "stick to sports" hypocrites.

ESPN can say and do whatever they want but it's disheartening to see them throw someone under the bus who gets harrassed daily for just speaking. But I'd expect to see some outrage from the usual suspects here who cry all the time...because this time the government actually did chime in.

She should be fired cause she sucks. I could care less what she says on twitter though

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 36 of 77 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast