Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    I'm not surprised. Her boss led the "lock her up" chants. Why would anyone be surprised that she's trying to direct the FBI to act in a particular way? "No law and no order" administration.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Thoughts on Sarah H. Sanders commenting on Jamelle Hill's comments, saying they're a firable offense? I see crying from the right every time a business or community condemns right wing speech (like that misogynist from Google who y'all were ready rally cross country to defend his first amendment rights that weren't infringed upon until they got scared).
    The big difference here is that Google actually did fire Damore for vocalizing his opinion (internally at that, not out bound like Hill), Sanders doesn't employ Hill.

It's not a fireable offense, or at least shouldn't be.

The mouthpiece for the Trump Administration just said someone should be fired for a comment she made. Not a peep from then right. The "stick to sports" hypocrites.

ESPN can say and do whatever they want but it's disheartening to see them throw someone under the bus who gets harrassed daily for just speaking. But I'd expect to see some outrage from the usual suspects here who cry all the time...because this time the government actually did chime in.
    I disagree with Hill's comment, but I, and other conservatives, should fight for her right to say them.

That said, Sanders has done a great job in her role otherwise.

Now the WH wants her fired. Gonna be really fun to see people who think nazis marching with guns is just American glory and free speech try to argue this one.

Imagine their reaction if she had falsely accused Trump of being from another country.
    Last edited by browski234; 09-13-2017 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Ya we are only getting more and more divided with this type of stuff and I am not sure how to bring people/sides together.
    I'l never forget back when I was in high school a teacher said bringing up the Nazis in an argument meant you automatically lost. It looks like that trump card is still quite powerful.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Thoughts on Sarah H. Sanders commenting on Jamelle Hill's comments, saying they're a firable offense? I see crying from the right every time a business or community condemns right wing speech (like that misogynist from Google who y'all were ready rally cross country to defend his first amendment rights that weren't infringed upon until they got scared).

The mouthpiece for the Trump Administration just said someone should be fired for a comment she made. Not a peep from then right. The "stick to sports" hypocrites.

ESPN can say and do whatever they want but it's disheartening to see them throw someone under the bus who gets harrassed daily for just speaking. But I'd expect to see some outrage from the usual suspects here who cry all the time...because this time the government actually did chime in.
    Both sides should grow the F up and understand that people should be allowed to have and speak opinions. That said, ESPN is an entertainment company and they REALLY care about their image more than pretty much anything else so if they do something to her it's not too surprising.

The government should stay the heck out of entertainment full stop.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    Now the WH wants her fired. Gonna be really fun to see people who think nazis marching with guns is just American glory and free speech try to argue this one.

Imagine their reaction if she had falsely accused Trump of being from another country.
    Just curious, do you believe every group of conservatives who march with guns are Nazis? Or is it just the Nazis marching that you have a problem with? I support both group's right to assemble within the law, and I support any group who wants to counter protest. But as soon as ANYONE makes it physical it's against the law and they should be arrested and charged at the maximum allowable penalty because it is in fact domestic terrorism ... left or right. We've got to get a handle on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Just curious, do you believe every group of conservatives who march with guns are Nazis? Or is it just the Nazis marching that you have a problem with? I support both group's right to assemble within the law, and I support any group who wants to counter protest. But as soon as ANYONE makes it physical it's against the law and they should be arrested and charged at the maximum allowable penalty because it is in fact domestic terrorism ... left or right. We've got to get a handle on this.
    Exactly this.

Just curious, do you believe every group of conservatives who march with guns are Nazis? Or is it just the Nazis marching that you have a problem with?
    The latter.

Exactly this. It's possible or at least it use to be, to disagree with a side group and still respect their rights to assemble peacefully.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    She should be fired cause she sucks. I could care less what she says on twitter though
    This. ESPN is so unwatchable anymore.

I think the biggest issue is that it was comments about the President of the United States.

it's hypocritical for ESPN to not punish Jamelle Hill for what she said, when they have previously suspended others (from the right) for things they have said, like Curt Schilling. Schilling had a tweet about transgender, which is not as bad as verbally assaulting the President.
    ESPN also just recently suspended Linda Cohn, also for something less than what Hill said about the President.

if anyone had said anything about anyone that said something hateful/ignorant about Obama when he was President, then these same people should have an issue with what Hill said about Trump.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/13...iro-visit.html

Berkeley police approved to use pepper spray at violent protests ahead of Ben Shapiro visit
    The Berkeley City Council gave police permission Tuesday to use pepper spray to drive away protesters from attacking officers during violent protests that have plagued the city in 2017.

The 6-3 vote by the council came ahead of another planned speech Thursday at the University of California, Berkeley.

Former Breitbart editor and conservative political commentator Ben Shapiro was slated to be on the campus Thursday and again later this month with other conservative figures.

Former White House adviser Steve Bannon, former Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos and conservative commentator Ann Coulter also were slated to speak on the campus later this month.

Yiannopoulos was at the campus in February but it was canceled after protests turned violent. Protesters smashed windows of businesses and marred walls with graffiti.

The city banned pepper spray in 1997 as a crowd-control weapon, though most law enforcement agencies permit officers to use it to disburse violent crowds, Berkeley Police Chief Andrew Greenwood said.

Greenwood sought such permission at an emergency council meeting, saying it was preferable to batons and tear gas, which the city is allowed to use but disburses far wider than pepper spray.

The council rejected its use for crowd control Tuesday, but agreed to modify its ban and expand police powers to use it. The council warned officers not to use the pepper spray as a crowd-control technique but to use it instead for individuals who are committing violent acts upon others or officers.

Currently, Berkeley officers carry a can of pepper spray but have said they would need a bigger canister if necessary.

Dozens of people lined up at City Hall to oppose arming Berkeley police with the larger canister of pepper spray, saying it was too easy for officers to use and has the potential to be used on peaceful protesters.

Some cities nationwide have banned pepper spray after several high-profile incidents of police using it on peaceful protesters. One of the most noteworthy incidents was when students at the University of California, Davis, were pepper sprayed during a peaceful demonstration in 2011. The incident led to a $1 million legal settlement for the protesters.

Last year, the Los Angeles Times reported that the college paid $175,000 to consultants to “clean up its image” online.

Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    The latter.
    Good. I agree.

Okay, well the problem is that lately anyone speaker or group of conservative people who assemble are being called Nazi's and white supremacists and they are have threats of physical violence against them and the people who show up have been attacked multiple times. It's out of control.

The best example was the guy selling popcorn at a protest who got hassled and pushed around by antifa punks. He did and said NOTHING that could be construed as fascist. He was just guilty of making fun of it all.

Good. I agree.

Okay, well the problem is that lately anyone speaker or group of conservative people who assemble are being called Nazi's and white supremacists and they are have threats of physical violence against them and the people who show up have been attacked multiple times. It's out of control.

The best example was the guy selling popcorn at a protest who got hassled and pushed around by antifa punks. He did and said NOTHING that could be construed as fascist. He was just guilty of making fun of it all.
    If you don't want to be called a Nazi, then don't march with nazis, its pretty simple. Every right wing nut job that marched in Charlottesville willingly associated themselves with Nazis, that's their problem.
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I think the biggest issue is that it was comments about the President of the United States.

it's hypocritical for ESPN to not punish Jamelle Hill for what she said, when they have previously suspended others (from the right) for things they have said, like Curt Schilling. Schilling had a tweet about transgender, which is not as bad as verbally assaulting the President.
    ESPN also just recently suspended Linda Cohn, also for something less than what Hill said about the President.

if anyone had said anything about anyone that said something hateful/ignorant about Obama when he was President, then these same people should have an issue with what Hill said about Trump.
    Did you miss the tweets of Trump I shared or not?

It is stupid to compare this to Curt. Curt was warned numerous times. ESPN gave him an incredibly long leash and he didn't stop. This was Jemele's first time violation of ESPN's rules. Curt did it multiple times. So stop with the dumb comparison. If Hill continues to disobey ESPN's will and rules, then maybe you can pretend it's the same then. But now, it's not.

The biggest issue is the Administration calling for her firing. Come one. You love to cry about how conservatives can't speak there mind. I don't know why I bother pointing out your absurd hypocrisy, because it never ever resonates and it will never ever get through your thick skull...but come on dude.

And your last paragraph is a nonsensical joke.
    this my sig

Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast