Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Free Agents.....

Well, I don't expect us to sign any position players in the off season this year,but, I do see us signing a starting pitcher or two.

I'd be ok resigning M. Gonzalez again. I've also heard thoughts on taking a chance on a Chris Tillman rebound.

I would like to see Lance Lynn if the price isn't too high. Doug Fister will probably stay in Boston.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Well, I don't expect us to sign any position players in the off season this year,but, I do see us signing a starting pitcher or two.

I'd be ok resigning M. Gonzalez again. I've also heard thoughts on taking a chance on a Chris Tillman rebound.

I would like to see Lance Lynn if the price isn't too high. Doug Fister will probably stay in Boston.

Mebbe Tyler Chatwood, whose record away from Coors Field is pretty decent.

Tillman has been such a gas can this year, I don't really see the upside. I think if you're the Sox you offer Pineda, Cobb, and Lynn deals that are short term yet lucrative and hope one tries to rebuild his value here.

We had better keep thinking SMALL...The Sox will not be players for the big guns...

Manny Machado
    Already a Gold Glove defender with 40-homer power, Machado will be 26 when the bidding begins on him. And he’ll likely demand and get a deal roughly the equivalent of Bryce Harper’s. One interesting possibility to monitor: Will Machado stay at third base or transition to shortstop?
    Orioles third baseman Manny Machado and Nationals right fielder Bryce Harper are scheduled to reach free agency after the 2018 season, Olney polled seven evaluators on which potential $400MM player they’d prefer to sign. Six chose Machado, whom the evaluators regard as a more well-rounded player.
    These guys will make Stanton a steal at less then 300M

José Abreu age 30 career 301/ .360 /.886
    2017 Status Signed thru 2017, Earliest Arb Eligible: 2018, Earliest Free Agent: 2020
    So we have him for next 2 years, then the rebuild is ready to go to the world series IF all works out..Do we want him on that ball club? What do you think a 32 yr old Abreu would get on the free agent market? He can always be our DH for years

.282/ .332 ./ .814Career Line on Manny Machado Age 25
    2017 Status Signed thru 2017, Earliest Arb Eligible: 2018, Earliest Free Agent: 2019
    Will be 27 in 2019 ..but will be looking for a 10 year deal upwards of 300M thru age 37

Abreu right now is the face of the franchise, as long as he doesn't go in the ******* over the next few years he should be kept, ala Frank Thomas IMO.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Abreu right now is the face of the franchise, as long as he doesn't go in the ******* over the next few years he should be kept, ala Frank Thomas IMO.
    Agreed,......we may have enough in house options to fill this lineup as a winner in a couple years....who knows ?

White Sox & Redskins Forever