Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

MLB section changes: Thread Prefix and forum consolidation

MLB forum members,

Over the past couple months, the moderating team, Rush and myself have been acting on suggestions made by membership to try and improve the PSD experience for all of you.

One of the things brought to our attention by many members was the number of forums was a bit high, and discussion was spread out- many members wanted one place to discuss things. We've consolidated forums and sections in stages, and this is our second round of consolidations.

Listed below are the forums in the MLB section that we've done away with:

Fantasy Baseball
    MLB Player Comparisons
    MLB Hall of Fame
    Minor Leagues/Prospects

We also eliminated the Sabermetrics forum, and made that a sticky here in the MLB forum in the past. The Mock Offseason forums, the MLB redraft forum and OOTP leagues have been hidden until they are needed again.

Now, to help keep things organized, we are introducing Thread Prefixes. Thread prefixes can be selected as you make a thread, and help everyone know the kind of topic that this is going to be. Prefixes are active in the main MLB forum, as well as all of the team subforums. If you have any additional ideas or changes for these, please let me know. To help everyone see what they look like, I will be adding a couple threads of each type to lead off discussion.

Listed below are the Thread Prefixes for the MLB section:

-News
    -Rumors
    -Discussion
    -GDT
    -Comparison
    -Prospects
    -Minor Leagues
    -Hall of Fame
    -Fantasy MLB

ThomasTomasz's Looks great! Make the forums easier to read with the prefixes.

now i get it, and i must say very wise decision
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Thanks guys, the prefixes are likely going to be rolled out to the other forums in due time. Forum consolidation will be different per section however.

Makes sense to me.

MLB section changes: Thread Prefix and forum consolidation

This should be done for all sports. Good job!

Being elite is not easy cause you will be hated on but that's me

Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    This should be done for all sports. Good job!
    We are working our way through each of them, should have another one done here by tomorrow evening.

Sometimes less is more. Much more "readable" and easy to navigate.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz:31826929
    We are working our way through each of them, should have another one done here by tomorrow evening.
    When will the NBA and NHL forum be updated?
    Last edited by aman_13; 09-11-2017 at 01:41 AM.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    When will the NBA and NHL forum be updated?
    I hit a busy spot for work, I should be able to get a thread up in the mod forum for discussion tonight or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz:31848558
    I hit a busy spot for work, I should be able to get a thread up in the mod forum for discussion tonight or tomorrow.
    Sounds good. Really liking the thread prefix feature.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”