Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bortles Demoted, Chad Henne To Start Third Preseason Game For Jaguars

@FieldYates: Official: QB Chad Henne will start for the Jaguars against the Panthers tomorrow. Blake Bortles backs him up.
    Well this is certainly an interesting development.

#Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    #Mechanics
    Jacksonville Jaguars, ruining QB's since 2003.

PROCESSING

This is one I don't underrstand. Chad Henne, we know what he is- a career back-up, game manager type who will keep your team afloat. With all that is invested in Bortles up until now, why don't the Jags roll with him through the year? If he does poorly and it's tanking, so be it, because if they do tank, this is the year to do it to get their choice of QB in a loaded class.

Who was the last Jags QB that had an efficient season? Garrard?

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    This is one I don't underrstand. Chad Henne, we know what he is- a career back-up, game manager type who will keep your team afloat. With all that is invested in Bortles up until now, why don't the Jags roll with him through the year? If he does poorly and it's tanking, so be it, because if they do tank, this is the year to do it to get their choice of QB in a loaded class.
    the jags have 19 Million Reasons why to not start him. cant get hurt if you dont play. he has 19 million guranteed if he gets hurt. wouldnt be a total shock to see the jags just cut or trade him next week(tho i dont see teams trading for a 19 million guranteed contract for injuries).

i do agree that it shouldnt be Henne out there but Brandon Allen. seems to have some good tools. why not try him out there for the year. worse case is we lose games. best case is we have the new brady.
    Last edited by TDjacksonville; 08-23-2017 at 11:32 PM.

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Offense

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    so we ruined byron? no he was decent. had a ****** long motion. he lost his job because David was a better qb then him. we cut him cuz we didnt want a divided lockroom and provided a Spark and got the jags to the playoffs without Byron.

player X: 58.7 Completion Percentage 3.8TD % 2.7INT% 6.7 Y/A 5.4 Sack%

Player Y: 61.6 Completion Percentage 3.9TD% 2.4INT% 7.0 Y/A 7.3 Sack%

both numbers were only with time for jags.
    i would take player Y. Better completion percentage, lower int% more Y/A.

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Bortles needs to sit for a year. There's so much wrong with him right now that he needs to work on that instead of preparing to play each week. He's the type of QB that I could see being a damn good reclamation project for another team, but I don't know if he'll ever get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Bortles wasn't ever good really, fantasy football fame be damned.

Same situation with RG3. They picked up his 5th year option and now with no intention to keep him after this season, they can't risk getting him hurt at all. If Henne misses time I'd expect Brandon Allen to play.

Love TDJ's pivot though. From much improved mechanics to don't want to see his face again.

bortles is bad... he has so many things wrong with him... Just cut your losses.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Bortles wasn't ever good really, fantasy football fame be damned.

Same situation with RG3. They picked up his 5th year option and now with no intention to keep him after this season, they can't risk getting him hurt at all. If Henne misses time I'd expect Brandon Allen to play.

Love TDJ's pivot though. From much improved mechanics to don't want to see his face again.
    His mechanics look better but Jesus how many underthrows can a guy do.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Bortles needs to sit for a year. There's so much wrong with him right now that he needs to work on that instead of preparing to play each week. He's the type of QB that I could see being a damn good reclamation project for another team, but I don't know if he'll ever get the chance.
    Hes gonna go to the unemployment office and he won't be much better then what he is.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

#InCaldwellWeTrust

You know the old saying, if bortles is your qb, you don't have a qb.

Just play Allen...right?

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    bortles is bad... he has so many things wrong with him... Just cut your losses.
    I swear Mac could fix him. We won't but could.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast